Community The "Buff the Netcode" thread

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I think the most important thing regarding the lifespan of DOA5:LR's longevity as a competitive(and casual) game is frankly its netcode. In my opinion this transcends any balance issues that this game has(which are very egregious mind you). We need the ability as players to "realistically" train with other players to expand our matchup knowledge and to test setups against one another without having to travel hundreds of miles to do so. I understand that there is NO replacement for offline but the current state of this game's netcode is just absolutely awful.

This game will be released in 2015, not 2005, not 1999 but 2015. (certain ports of)Street Fighter has good netcode, Blazblue has good netcode, Even Killer Instinct has good netcode.

Why cant DOA5:LR have good netcode? We supported you financially and we support the game and dealt with its unfair stigma offline so why cant you give us better netcode to support us back?

I understand that dealing with latency issues in fighting games is a very tricky situation but if you give us poor netcode with this new iteration of DOA5 then you will force me as a player to boycot this game and spend my time and money elsewhere. I spent countless dollars in DLC purchases and frankly I feel as though you should listen to our pleas for you to give us improved, realistic online play with MUCH reduced input latency.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled DOA Fighter

Some Suggestions

1. Ranked(Tournament standard rules) and unranked(user configured) lobbies with the ability to make them public/private
  2. The ability to train while waiting on players to enter the lobbies(ala Tekken and Blazblue)

Last edited:

NukNuks

I think t that there is NO replacement for offline but the current state of this game's netcode is just absolutely awful.

((I don't have a twitter and I despise Facebook with a passion so if any of you wish to do so feel free to send this over to Team NINJA))

Don't sleep on social media bro you'd be surprised how far it can take you. Your chances of them hearing you out are better if you tweet @TeamNinjaStudio

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
Yes i finally want to play someone online without getting a migraine. At this point i can careless about costumes i never bought any to begin with remember Team-Ninja your "fighting game comes first" and everything else comes second no more "costumes" this time you have an opportunity on next-gen and i mean server-wise to get things right.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Don't sleep on social media bro you'd be surprised how far it can take you. Your chances of them hearing you out are better if you tweet @TeamNinjaStudio

https://twitter.com/Lord_Goarmagon/status/515677558684135424

There. I joined the abomination known as twitter just to tweet them. Lets make an effort to get them working on the netcode. If they can respond about the guys not getting any costumes then surely they can respond about overhauling the netcode to work outside of japan.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Please so that it doesn't take me hours to adapt to offline and days to adapt back to online after I get back from a tournament. I just want the game be the same online and off, or at least somewhat similar. >.>

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I support this. To be able to punish certain things is a god send. Forcing me to use neutral throws from common used moves on block is the most repetitive thing ever. Not to mention people able to duck from a move that's like -12 from an i7 throw and the grab STILL whiffs. You are NOT even allowed to duck from that, again I support this.

Intelligent Alpha

I find it funny when people try to start movements and then ask someone to do it for them cause they're too lazy to set up a fake account for social media sites

Someone needs some beauty sleep! haha! Seriously, I think this petition thing is getting out of hand! IA with the netcode, but this game is in its second iteration and I haven't heard anything yet about the netcode being better on next-gen systems. Sounds like folks are asking for lag-free play! I'm sorry, but I don't ever believe that will happen! That is why we have offline, but yeah, offline can be a bore if you have no one to play with. Sure, offline has tournaments, but not everyone eats, sleeps and breathes them!

Kronin

Someone needs some beauty sleep! haha! Seriously, I think this petition thing is getting out of hand! IA with the netcode, but this game is in its second iteration and I haven't heard anything yet about the netcode being better on next-gen systems. Sounds like folks are asking for lag-free play! I'm sorry, but I don't ever believe that will happen! That is why we have offline, but yeah, offline can be a bore if you have no one to play with. Sure, offline has tournaments, but not everyone eats, sleeps and breathes them!

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown has an almost flawless netcode from what I could experience... and my connection sucks. So it's not a question of lag-free but a big improvement on this side theoretically should be pretty possible, because already other games did it.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Eh some games have gotten it, most haven't. the one closest to DOA, Virtua Fighter, has gotten pretty good net code. I'm beginning to think if it's some type of company secret otherwise why wouldn't all game companies use it? i don't know, I know it's possible though and if that's what it takes to fix the lag so be it

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I find it funny when people try to start movements and then ask someone to do it for them cause they're too lazy to set up a fake account for social media sites

Its not an issue of laziness. I have some moral hangups about how social media works/makes money. They wipe their asses with the 4th amendment, make it more or less impossible to keep them from tracking you(despite all of the firewall/IP blocking software I have on my PC) and they censor people who sway too far away from their politics. This is ignoring the absolute stupid shit that goes on there and the mouth breather IQ that is ubiquitous there. This is way I have a disdain for social media. I avoid forums most forums for these reasons as well.

Have any of you played Tekken Tag Tournament 2? That game is far more execution and reaction heavy than DOA yet the netcode works 1,000,000,000 better than DOA.

SSFV:AE for the PC was far superior to the Xbox 360 version of the game which was still 1,000 more playable than DOA is now. Even now when the PC version is clearly using an inferior netcode(Ultra) than it had it still is on par with the xbox version 8/10 times which is still better than we have.(PS3 version is absolute shit)

What about ST on GGPO? I clearly remember playing people with 200 ping and getting better matches with people in Europe than I get with people in Illinois in DOA.

I expressly stated that there is no replacement for offline in the OP but Team NINJA can do much better than this. Anyways I tweeted them yesterday and I am going to tweet them again today. I suggest you guys tweet this thread to them as well./ The way I see it we have until January to get them to respond about this netcode issue. If the responded to the childish rage about costumes then surely we can get them to respond about the netcode.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
People please don't lose your hope that we can't get a better net-code this will be the 3rd time you purchase DOA5 don't let the company walk all over you everyone plays this game online we have the power to change. Fighting games with a better net-code isn't a rare thing anymore guys. And please try not to make this thread useless if it has nothing to do with net-code then don't comment because this is the only thread that really matters to the serious players not insulting anyone just remain on the subject of the net-code problem Thank You. Also, I think everyone should be on this thread the most that includes tournament players and etc. I really want to hear their words about the DOA servers because this is the root of all "Lowleveldrama" that happens i will do my best to get the Xbox DOA community. Retweeting #BufftheNetcode "Do it for the players that really want to enjoy this game"
PN2i9xD.png

KingGhidorah

The netcode as is definitely requires an overhaul at this point, we as loyal customers who have spent hundreds of dollars on all their damn DLC and all other products deserve to have a more stable and playable online as other fighters currently have. There is zero excuse for the next game not to up everything especially for those residing on the side of Next-gen consoles. GIVE US THE NETCODE WE THE FIGHTERS NEED, WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN ALREADY! BUFF THE NETCODE!

Intelligent Alpha

Tag is completely asinine! Why does this happen? So many people quit/rage quit cause the lag is just too unreal for words! I understand with certain games (MP Shooters) you get it when there are alot of people playing; yet, you get way too many "FYC," "LPOS" comments and if you're ballsy enough, players lag-switching on purpose! (It's probably done with other games, too.) Like, for real?

Jack

I hope Team Ninja will buff the netcode ofc,but also remove that shitty lobby system, and bring back the online system from DOA4/DOAOL! Sick of waiting all the time on lobby with strangers players.

Kronin

I hope Team Ninja will buff the netcode ofc,but also remove that shitty lobby system, and bring back the online system from DOA4/DOAOL! Sick of waiting all the time on lobby with strangers players.

Actually as I proposed on the Casual suggestion thread, would be enough only to implement the system already in use in the lobbies of VF5FS (and I suppose even in other games, I believe that even SCV own it if I'm not wrong): together with "Winner stay" to create another peculiar mode where everyone can challenge directly whoever is present inside a lobby.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown has an almost flawless netcode from what I could experience... and my connection sucks. So it's not a question of lag-free but a big improvement on this side theoretically should be pretty possible, because already other games did it.

No offense to Virtua Fighter, but it's an old ugly game (I still think it's good), but DOA is just way bigger and way better looking. Something people are forgetting is that DOA5LR will be on ONE and PS4. It will probably still lag bad on 360 and PS3, but at least people that don't feel like upgrading can play it. That wouldn't have slid last time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD