The Dead Or Alive Meme & Gif Thread

Chapstick

Tried something a bit different adding a very slight animation to one of my screenshots.

tumblr_new7ibN9ZP1t5k8i7o1_500.gif

Kronin

The background of this DOA1 stage looks more impressing, than the background textures of DOA5's Ends of the World. XD

I disagree, personally I love the End of the World stage even for the background XD

Off Topic:
However for fairness has to be said that the fate of DoA1 was the same of the passage from DoA4 to DoA5: when released on the arcade the original version of DoA1 used 3D models in background, something that was sacrificed in all the next conversion (DoA1 for Sega Saturn/ DoA1 for PSX/ DoA++ on arcade), with pre-rendered images used for the background in favor of an higher quality for the characters models (not sure if also the music quality was lost).
How it's said "History is repeating itself".

Here you can see a video of the original arcade version for DoA1:

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I disagree, personally I love the End of the World stage even for the background XD

Don't make me do screenshots of the background of End of the World. XD The background icebergs are really just ugly low resolution textures. There's even one detail, where one mountain texture is just cut off. Looks really sloppy and weird.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD