The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinQuan

Ive given up on the guys getting good stuff man. It doesnt make money like the girls dlc does. Why even bother. Sighh

Rawbietussin

Money shmoney, they had catered the fanbase every female fanservice outfit there is that they could come up with (to the point that it is becoming boring to see) and they couldn't even be satisfied.

Someone should give TN a wakeup call and cut others some more slack.

Rawbietussin

They make such very seasonal sadly. :/

I could have been alright if they had thrown in doctor outfits for the guys when they gave the girls those medical fetish crap and probably a schoolboy/male professors pack when they re-released another schoolgirl/teacher pack even if these costumes don't make sense due to the lack of a school or hospital stage.

AsheMann21

Speaking of Casual/Legacy packs, it's high time they finish those. I've been doing research, looking up the costume archives and watching DOA2-4. Heck, going to Google images to see some casual costumes and I must say, there is a LOT of potential. It's just they're too lazy and resort to the easiest method of swapping costumes.

lack of a school or hospital stage

Oh no, don't give anymore ideas for Leon....

Zeo

The problem has been a core issue that people have been dealing with since DOA5's original release. The competitive playerbase is there but the people that keep buying, keep grabbing the new stuff is primarily the casual base that enjoys the fluff and puff.

And that audience loves seeing pretty girls in frilly outfits weather it's boobs in a bikini, boobs in gym clothes or boobs in cheerleading outfits. It's boobs all the same.

TN makes costumes for the male characters when they feel like it, that's all there really is to it. They're meant to be in the "...oh, yeah and we guess they exist too" category. Because they aren't appealing to the eye candy fanbase DOA's trademark girls are catering to.

And then we have Ein... which... I honestly have no idea what TN is trying to do with him.

Rawbietussin

I just think they over-glorify them a bit too much. Even just from searching for images, there's hardly any fanart of the guys (unless it is Ryu).

Zeo

I just think they over-glorify them a bit too much. Even just from searching for images, there's hardly any fanart of the guys (unless it is Ryu).
Because what they try to do succeeds. As a general person if you think of DOA you think of boobs. If you're a bit more educated then you think of the orange and purple haired ninja girls, or the american wrestler.

You don't think of Hayate, Ein, Leon or any of them. You don't even think of Ryu, when you think of NG you think of Ryu and then when you see him in DOA you go "Oh hey it's Ryu from Ninja Gaiden!"

TN succeeded in what they were trying to do, advertise DOA's female characters and as such, they are the characters with all the fans and by default, fanart. The costume contest male vs female entry ratio should be proof enough of that.

Brute

Standard Donor
That's just common in general. Most artists prefer to draw females over males. Nothing exclusive to DOA.

Rawbietussin

That's just common in general. Most artists prefer to draw females over males. Nothing exclusive to DOA.

I doubt it. Looking for Tekken or any other fighting game's fanarts, they have an ample amount of male recognition in comparison to searching things in DOA regardless how iconic the Tekken girls are. There is equality in recognition.

You don't even think of Ryu, when you think of NG you think of Ryu and then when you see him in DOA you go "Oh hey it's Ryu from Ninja Gaiden!"

Even though it may seem less, I still think Ryu can be on par with some of the girls with regards to recognition and fanart as they know him in 2 different titles.

Last edited:

Blazeincarnated

DOA fans don't care about men. They care about tits. And this is the sad truth. Until they create equality among the roster, it will be known as nothing more than the "tit" fighter...

Rawbietussin

To be fair, 5UA does have a more reasonable amount in terms of their 17:14 gender ratio (Phase 4 included) as opposed to other fighting games but it's going to take more than just that to make the game look less of a tit fighter.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

DOA fans don't care about men. They care about tits. And this is the sad truth. Until they create equality among the roster, it will be known as nothing more than the "tit" fighter...

I wouldn't say they don't care about men, they just always prefered WOMEN (tits, really?). I wouldn't really consider that a bad thing since almost every other fighting game is male dominated.

The only aspect in DOA5U that isn't equal are the amount of costumes. Other then that there is equality in this game. The cast consist of 14 males and 17 females which is way more equal then many other fighting games. And everybody in DOA5 minus Lisa, Christie, and Gen Fu (along with Alpha and VFs) had story modes you can play.

I seriously don't get this at all

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

When a gender's recognition is overshadowed by another, it just goes the wrong way and the thing here is that DOA is just like the rest of the fighting games who always had guys in their rosters. It's not an all tit-and-clit fighter but when it comes to recognition, the guys are next to nothing.

KwonJigglypuff

Summer is coming, so I guess we can expect new bikinis... I hope not, because the last one was already VERY skimpy (Tina's, Lei Fang's), so I don't think they can/should top that.

And here, I'm still waiting for Helena's casual concept and Lisa's legacy outfit.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Well yeah the girls are more popular, but in no way are the guys not as much. Hayabusa, Jann Lee, Zack, Bass, Gen Fu,ect are pretty iconic.

Just that the DOA girls great looks and personality win over the guys who in comparison to design and personality are a bit bland.

But at the same time, this isn't the 90s anymore where female characters are treated sucky. Nowadays, female characters in general to fighting games can easily be more liked and higher raised in popularity. So that could also be another reason

Blazeincarnated

Summer is coming, so I guess we can expect new bikinis...
NO!
big-show-aaahhh.gif

Well yeah the girls are more popular, but in no way are the guys not as much. Hayabusa, Jann Lee, Zack, Bass, Gen Fu,ect are pretty iconic.

Just that the DOA girls great looks and personality win over the guys who in comparison to design and personality are a bit bland.
But at the same time, this isn't the 90s anymore where female characters are treated sucky. Nowadays, female characters in general to fighting games can easily be more liked and higher raised in popularity.
You just created a paradox. I just can't. LOL #Hellnaw

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Summer is coming, so I guess we can expect new bikinis... I hope not, because the last one was already VERY skimpy (Tina's, Lei Fang's), so I don't think they can/should top that.

And here, I'm still waiting for Helena's casual concept and Lisa's legacy outfit.

Like I said before, I love fanservice but swimsuits are a bit boring and unneeded for DOA5U now. They can save those for DOAX3

I would love a costume pack related to the summer like a vacation pack or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD