The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeinchains

I was just looking at Helena, and i have a question ... why is her hair yellow

seriously every other blonde person in the game has actual blonde hair and she looks like those girls everyone knows who dye their hair blonde and it goes wrong.

werewolfgold

GAIZ.

GAIZ, STAHP.

seriously every other blonde person in the game has actual blonde hair and she looks like those girls everyone knows who dye their hair blonde and it goes wrong.
It's not completely out of the question from what I've witnessed in real life. They probably just hard-lined it to make sure that all of the hair colors were sufficiently diversified.

AsheMann21

Shots Fired
giphy.gif

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Eliot's hair color has a very unnatural shade of blond too. I think, its a remnant of the anime style DOA once had and the effort to give each character at least a different shade of color. Now, that there are so many blondes in DOA, a little variation is very welcome with me...although Helena's yellow hair do look weird in certain lighting situations... :/

Rawbietussin

The yellowness doesn't bother me much but it could have been better if all the blondies stick to one shade.

I couldn't even classify Tina as a blonde anymore to be honest.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Taki isn't in SC5, Ivy got BS'd with having an unaging homonculus body all of a sudden, Cassandra and Sohpitia are written out of the story, Xianghua is virtually out of the story due to having no other reason anymore(other than being too old), Amy is iffy, Talim isn't in either for reasons and that isn't even counting Li Long, Hwang or Rock. Sure, those 3 got replaced by other males, but it's still pretty much the same shit as Tengu and NyouTengu you keep harping on about.

P.S. It doesn't help that the 17 year Timeskip was stated by Word of God TO BE ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS. Meaning they tossed out a huge section of female fighters...for no reason.
Basically, they believed that that SC is Tekken with swords, and they thought they could repeat the success of Tekken 3, which did a similar timeskip and was unbelievably successful.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I couldn't even classify Tina as a blonde anymore to be honest.

So this isn't blonde?

tina_portrait_by_doafanboi-d6pb9em.jpg

Tina was never a blonde...
tina-doa1render.jpg

I liked the brown roots Tina had in DOA2-DOA3. They showed, that she is actually a brunette, who dyed her hair. It fit Tina's character design really well, to be a fake/superficial blonde. But it seems, TN changed their minds in DO2 Ultimate. There she was shown as a little, blond girl in a flashback with Bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD