The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
More like Rachel wants to be Bankotsubo.
No actually, her heel stop is based off of her ancestor Ishtaros
9rbs4.gif

tumblr_mobhfcbraw1ruta8ao1_400.gif

Cadaveri

Hey guys, just another thing.

Remember that trailer for the Legacy Costume DLC? If you go to 0:32 you see Leon and Zack doing their Tag Team pose on Zack Island. Are there any plans to make that stage available for Tag Team or was it just for the trailer?

Sorry, if this has been discussed before.

I remember, need more tag stages.. Also would be amazing if there was more than one stage for team battle :(

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I hope the stages in DOA6 have more personality in them. Stages in earlier DOA games had so much life and variety, even if they were a bit ridiculous (DOA4's Gambler's Paradise stage with the cars as the Danger Zone being a HUGE example). Still, the stages in DOA5U all lack that flair and personality that other stages had. Most of them now are just boxy and square. Really also wish Team Ninja had more Cliffhangers in the game. After all, they were supposed to be a HUGE part of DOA5, but only two stages have them.

Argentus

I hope the stages in DOA6 have more personality in them. Stages in earlier DOA games had so much life and variety, even if they were a bit ridiculous (DOA4's Gambler's Paradise stage with the cars as the Danger Zone being a HUGE example). Still, the stages in DOA5U all lack that flair and personality that other stages had. Most of them now are just boxy and square. Really also wish Team Ninja had more Cliffhangers in the game. After all, they were supposed to be a HUGE part of DOA5, but only two stages have them.
I couldn't help but laugh at that.

Omg new amazing mechanic, Power Blows!
...you mean a basic charged attack that's always been present?

Omg new amazing feature, cliffhangers!
...you mean stage transition attacks that used to be in every stage, but are now only in 2?

Omg new mechanic, Power Launchers!
...we already have launchers. That one just wastes meter since you can't leap up that high to do air combos like Marvel.

All the "hazing new features" have just been glorified bread and butters that were always there, while whtlat should have been exciting new content, stages, arcade endings, music was all thrown out the window.

I still don't understand what the hell they were thinking with 5....

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I couldn't help but laugh at that.

Omg new amazing mechanic, Power Blows!
...you mean a basic charged attack that's always been present?

Omg new amazing feature, cliffhangers!
...you mean stage transition attacks that used to be in every stage, but are now only in 2?

...we already have launchers. That one just wastes meter since you can't leap up that high to do air combos like Marvel.

All the "hazing new features" have just been glorified bread and butters that were always there, while whtlat should have been exciting new content, stages, arcade endings, music was all thrown out the window.

Yay, 1000th post!

But yes, DOA5 was supposed to be a lot of things. This was the DOA that was going to tone down the sex appeal. This was going to be the DOA that was meant to be more competitive. This was the DOA that was going to be fresh and new. However, DOA5 turned out to be none of those things. I'm not complaining, because Team Ninja has spoiled the fanbase with new DLC content, but there is always room for improvement. They have plenty of time to make DOA6, because the support for DOA5U isn't going to slow down anytime soon. Honestly, the reason I still play DOA5U so frequently is because of the all the new DLC that the game has been getting. Tekken, SoulCal, and VF have long been dead in terms of new DLC.

gnooz

For the first time I have problem with Japanese voice acting I always liked Japanase voices but Nyotengu's voice is so weird doesn't fit some situations. Hate sound designer poor job I just wondering they were only thinking sexy voice acting?

ATTENTION 45:59 THAT VOICE DOESN'T FIT THAT FACE ANIMATION LOL.

Last edited:

Chapstick

This was the DOA that was going to tone down the sex appeal.
It originally did. But the T&A fans complained so much that TN changed their minds.
If you think PL's are a waste of meter go watch some PL combo videos

Yurlungur

I love that nyo- player at the end of the video, they cracked me up so hard
"Oh you did a yolo power blow, ok i can do that too"

gnooz

Yay, 1000th post!

Honestly, the reason I still play DOA5U so frequently is because of the all the new DLC that the game has been getting. Tekken, SoulCal, and VF have long been dead in terms of new DLC.

All other games gave all they had in the first place they aren't dead they are finished product.

gnooz

I mean I prefer finished products rather than unfinished ones, this next character excitement kills me and costumes bore me. I don't understand people who fights in Lorelei stage with bikini those bikinis should only available on Zack island they should work on this kind of details! Om om om I can't choose costume which one I should wear to fight om om om....I guess TECMO assume fighting game players are costume freaks or anything, look now they don't have to pay for designers they found the cheapest way :) Holding a costume contest! They had better start to work on DOA6 otherwise they will repeat the same DLC bullshit. DOA5 is good but not great it is dead not alive but they try to revive this dead game with these DLC shits imo. LOL.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor

They were making a solid fighter that fits this generation without alienating the past one.

Unlike other games ... Power blows and launchers are not invincible... and are punishable and u need to work to land them. You cant simply throw them out... well you can, but you'd be an idiot 99 out of 100 times lol.

as for Powerblows being old charge moves .. No. for one it is a cancelable move into sidestep. something the game never had and adds a mixup layer. and also the damage is bigger. plus it triggers specific dangerzones.

as for cliffhangers. it isn't like the old environmentals in the previous games.. at all ... because for 1 its 50/50(ish) .. you play a guessing game with the opponent. hell it can turn on you if they throw tech your throw.
limiting that to 2 stages only makes it less repetitive for one .. and keeps the guaranteed reward from environmentals more dominant in other stages. (one of the fears TN had of having it in more stages would mean theres more random involved.. which is something DOA was already criticized with)

Powerlaunchers:
1) reward far more damage than powerblows and can turn a match around .. you should learn to use them (at least the 0 timing ones)
2) created a balance for characters that didn't have a ceiling attack making it something no longer unique to ninjas and genfu (who is arguably a ninja .. lol)
3) they're fricken cool!

If anything this is probably one of the healthiest evolutions of the game ...
plus it gave you Mila .. (who I also love using as well BTW... :) )

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm still not a fan of PB/PLs or cliffhangers at all for a variety of reasons. That said, this is the Casual Thread, not the gamelplay thread, so that conversation is best taken elsewhere.

I will, however, add that more characters than the ninjas and Gen Fu have non-PL ceiling attacks, including Rig, Leon, Bass, Lisa, Jann Lee and I believe Christie (1H against low P?).

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I'm still not a fan of PB/PLs or cliffhangers at all for a variety of reasons. That said, this is the Casual Thread, not the gamelplay thread, so that conversation is best taken elsewhere.

I will, however, add that more characters than the ninjas and Gen Fu have non-PL ceiling attacks, including Rig, Leon, Bass, Lisa, Jann Lee and I believe Christie (1H against low P?).
thats true .. but apart unlike holds and throws .. they made strikes that hit the ceiling techable .. differentiating them from PLs. cuz with the old system .. janlee basically had a power launcher in vanilla .. lol INTO POWERBLOW .. lol

KwonJigglypuff

In DOA6, I want a character that uses walls, ceiling, obstacles and even opponents in his advantage to fight. A bit like Tina, Hitomi, Ryu or Lisa when they are using walls, or other characters when they are jumping over a fence, but with much more options.

parkour_wall_flip.gif

Chapstick

In DOA6, I want a character that uses walls, ceiling, obstacles and even opponents in his advantage to fight. A bit like Tina, Hitomi, Ryu or Lisa when they are using walls, or other characters when they are jumping over a fence, but with much more options.

parkour_wall_flip.gif
Everyone would pick dojo or enormous stages against them lol

kakaslka

I mean I prefer finished products rather than unfinished ones, this next character excitement kills me and costumes bore me. I don't understand people who fights in Lorelei stage with bikini those bikinis should only available on Zack island they should work on this kind of details! Om om om I can't choose costume which one I should wear to fight om om om....I guess TECMO assume fighting game players are costume freaks or anything, look now they don't have to pay for designers they found the cheapest way :) Holding a costume contest! They had better start to work on DOA6 otherwise they will repeat the same DLC bullshit. DOA5 is good but not great it is dead not alive but they try to revive this dead game with these DLC shits imo. LOL.
1. TN is actually listening to it's community alot, look at namco or capcom, costume contests are a great way to work with the community.
2. I don't get ur complaint about the bikinis on other maps. THIS IS A GAME NO REAL LIFE games aren't designed to be like the real life <.<
3. Where is this game dead? I never saw an that active online community in any other fighting game except for USF4.

DOA5U is a finished product with optional extras,
I agree, DOA5 Vanilla wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD