The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapstick

@Brute you going to post the list somewhere or make a thread? Curious to see it.

I'm trying to think of something Kasumi has that's actually broken. She has good stuff but I can't think of anything really bad. There's 66PP but you can hold the second P or guard the first one and low crush the second.

Xhominid The Demon Within

You forgot one.

ninja-blade-ken-ogawa.jpg

And yet, you guys STILL miss one:

Hibana.full.430581.jpg

Really messed up too since her game came out before the remake of Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox...I can see so many jokes of Ryu upstaging Hibana.

Brute

Standard Donor
@Brute you going to post the list somewhere or make a thread? Curious to see it.
I suppose I could. My only apprehension is that I don't want people interepting it as a "Cry for nerfs!" sort of thing, as that's not really the point.
The idea is more "Hey, look, your character has stupid shit, too!"

I'm trying to think of something Kasumi has that's actually broken. She has good stuff but I can't think of anything really bad. There's 66PP but you can hold the second P or guard the first one and low crush the second.
I could use some help on her, actually. Instinctively, she has something that I want to shame to hell, but it's more of a personal thing that drives me up the wall than a "this tool is inherently broken" sort of situation.

66PP is not broken at all. In fact, players' reliance on it is the number 1 flaw I see in most Kasumi players. If you're opponent knows how to deal with it and you can't find a way to adapt, you can kiss your Kunoichi of Destiny goodbye, because she won't survive.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Ive been so busy working overtime.
Havent touched thd game in 4 days.. :(

Im gonna try my best to get back on track and release my next video this weekend :)

Argentus

Hotsuma and Hibana are different people, so there's no real clone stuff.

Rikimaru vs. Ryu and Ayame vs. Ayane would be GLORIOUS
Honestly? It'd be over pretty quickly. Ryu and AyaNe would just suddenly have their throats slit/impaled from above/behind out of freaking nowhere, and that would be the end of it.

The power of TRUE NINJA.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Honestly? It'd be over pretty quickly. Ryu and AyaNe would just suddenly have their throats slit/impaled from above/behind out of freaking nowhere, and that would be the end of it.

The power of TRUE NINJA.
Ayane and Ryu would walk all over Rikimaru and Ayame while enjoying a cup of coffee and laughing about it.

Argentus

Oh look, Argentus is wrong.

Again.
Ah right, I keep forgetting that you think ryu is some kind of immortal and omniscient god being.

Well, regardless of your fanboyism, Rikimaru is objectively much better at being a ninja than Ryu could ever hope to be.

Ayane and Ryu would walk all over Rikimaru and Ayame while enjoying a cup of coffee and laughing about it.

Taking each other head on? Absolutely. Ryu and ayane are devastating battle mages.

But rikimaru and ayame are ninja. They don't battle head on, they assassinate lol. Ryu and ayane wouldn't even see them coming.

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, regardless of your fanboyism, Rikimaru is objectively much better at being a ninja than Ryu could ever hope to be.
Hey, Irony. It's been awhile. Wussup?

Taking each other head on? Absolutely. Ryu and ayane are devastating battle mages.
But rikimaru and ayame are ninja. They don't battle head on, they assassinate lol. Ryu and ayane wouldn't even see them coming.
When's the last time you saw someone successfully sneak up on Ryu and take a good shot at him?

I can recall numerous times where Ryu has sneaked up on other people and killed them swiftly, silently and deadly, as well as any other ninja could. Can't recall a time where he was the victim of such an attack, though.

Ryu can do the "sneaky ninja" thing as well as any other ninja. He just doesn't do it much because he doesn't have to. The pinnacle of other ninjas' abilities are just a side asset on his toolbelt.

Again, I'm not making Ryu up to be better than he is. I didn't make the bastard canon OP. That's entirely Team Ninja's doing. I just happen to have observed that they've tossed him in so many situations and have given him almost every ability imaginable to a ninja in order to overcome them. If you can think of some ninja doing some cool shit, chances are pretty damn high Ryu's done it or something to the same effect.

Aerospark

Standard Donor

Ryu and Ayane are also Ninja. And did you forget that Ayane was trained to "Support the Tenshin Mon sect from the shadows." And being from the Hajin Mon sect, she is quote on quote "a master infiltrator". She knows all the tricks of being sneaky. They don't have to see them coming, Hayabusa has heightened senses which can let him see through all their bullshit like it's glass. Ayane probably has heightened senses as well, seeing as she is the master of an entire branch of Ninja, so I doubt she'd let anyone (besides fucking Hitomi) surprise her. Also, Rikimaru would have a hard time attempting to kill Ryu since he can easily and quickly heal himself from things like a stab to the heart or someone slitting his throat.

Brute

Standard Donor
If you mean unleash a flurry of well-executed and powerful attacks against a demon faster than the eye can see, yes, he can. See: Ultimate Techniques.

If you mean glow funny colors and scream/chant, he can do that as well. See: Ninpo.

If you mean sport a really dorky bowl cut, then you are correct. Ryu has not been seen doing that, at least up until this point.

Blazeincarnated

If you mean unleash a flurry of well-executed and powerful attacks against a demon faster than the eye can see, yes, he can. See: Ultimate Techniques.

If you mean glow funny colors and scream/chant, he can do that as well. See: Ninpo.

If you mean sport a really dorky bowl cut, then you are correct. Ryu has not been seen doing that, at least up until this point.

The Eight Gates are eight specific tenketsu on a person's Chakra Pathway System. They limit the overall flow of chakra within a person's body. The basis for the idea of the chakra gates comes from the body's limits on the functions within it. This makes the body much weaker, but it keeps the body from expiring too soon. By undergoing intense training, one can learn how to open these gates allowing the user to surpass their own physical limits at the cost of extreme damage to their own body.
  1. The Gate of Opening (開門, Kaimon), located in the brain, removes the restraints of the brain on the muscles so 100% of the user's strength can be used whereas normally, a person can only use 20% of their muscles' strength to keep them from disintegrating. Unlocking this gate allows the user to use the Front Lotus.
  2. The Gate of Healing (休門, Kyūmon; English TV "The Gate of Rest"), located in the brain, forcibly increases the user's physical strength and temporarily re-energises the body.
  3. The Gate of Life (生門, Seimon), located on the spinal cord, allows the user to use the Reverse Lotus. The increased blood flow turns the skin red.
  4. The Gate of Pain (傷門, Shōmon), located on the spinal cord, increases the user's speed and power. May cause muscle tissue to tear on use.
  5. The Gate of Limit (杜門, Tomon; English TV "The Gate of Closing"), located in the abdomen, increases the user's speed and power.
  6. The Gate of View (景門, Keimon; English TV "The Gate of Joy"), located in the stomach, increases the user's speed and power. Opening of this gate releases such enormous amounts of energy that it can cause nearby water bodies to form a vortex around the user. Once opened, capable users can perform the Morning Peacock.
  7. The Gate of Wonder (驚門, Kyōmon; English TV "The Gate of Shock"), located below the stomach, further increases the user's speed and power. Only after this gate is activated, can a capable user perform the Daytime Tiger. Those who open this gate will secrete glowing green — blue in the anime — sweat from every inch of their body which immediately evaporates from their own heat energy, creating an aura which people mistake as a chakra coating. Unfortunately, the side effects of opening the gate are that the user's muscle fibres are ripped to shreds, causing intense pain if anything or anyone touches them.
  8. The Gate of Death (死門, Shimon), located at the heart, requires the user to puncture their chest just above the heart in order to open it. Opening this gate will cause the user's blood to emanate a flaming aura of red steam from all pores of their body, hair, and eyebrows. Releasing this gate uses up all of the body's energy while making the heart pump at maximum power. Exceeding the power of every other gate, the user is granted approximately a hundred times their normal power, far beyond that of the five Kage, but could come at the expense of their life. Once activated, those who are capable can perform the Evening Elephant and the Night Guy. If one were to die from the effects of opening all Eight Gates, they will crumble to ash, having virtually cooked themselves from the inside-out.

Brute

Standard Donor
Sounds like a lot of effort to unleash a full potential that's still far below what Hayabusa can do in his sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD