The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ren Fujin

There is one thing I always want to say, but I didn't. I think there are players already notice that Team Ninja's 3D motions are sucks.(...) I don't know why Team Ninja can't done this just like AM2 did. I believe they can, but they didn't.
I see where you're coming from, but I do think they look wonky only on still images, like if you pause a recording for instance... that's when you can actually notice weird limb placements usually. In motion, it doesn't only look good, but also really fluid and stylish, in my humble opinion. I'd take DOA's motions over the likes of Tekken's or even worse - MK or Injustice - anyday, that's for sure.

NeoJET

I'm really curious that how do you know where I'm coming from? And where do you think I'm coming from?:)
I agree what you just said, but is it really difficult to avoid those weird limb placements when TN try to make DOA looks fluid and stylish? We can find lots of martial arts videos on youtube, and we can see that their motions are really good, no weird things happened.

Thanks for Brute's explanation, and sorry for my bad English.:oops: But I'll leave them there.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm really curious that how do you know where I'm coming from?
Because he's spying on you and your whole family.
Actually it's just a phrase meaning that he agrees with your proposed sentiment.

And where do you think I'm coming from?
Under a bridge!

We can find lots of martial arts videos on youtube, and we can see that their motions are really good, no weird things happened.
Probably because they're not doing Izuna drops and Sho-Ayanes.

Brute

Standard Donor
Thanks for your explanation, and sorry for my bad English.:oops:
No worries. Your English is actually good. Idioms and slang can just be weird.

But DOA characters got a human body, right?
Meh. Humans can't teleport, launch people 50 feet in the air, catch someone mid-air with their foot and throw them over their head, etc. In DOA they make motions real humans can't, so certain things can get a little muddled.

NeoJET

No worries. Your English is actually good. Idioms and slang can just be weird.
Thank you.:)

Meh. Humans can't teleport, launch people 50 feet in the air, catch someone mid-air with their foot and throw them over their head, etc. In DOA they make motions real humans can't, so certain things can get a little muddled.
I got to say I disagree with that. It's OK that TN gave DOA characters super power, actually that's pretty awesome. But it doesn't means TN could ignore those unusual joint placements. It would be better if DOA characters move like a real human with super power. Just like superman in "Man of Steel", he got super power, but he moves just like a human. No weird joint placements. TN should give more attention on 3D motions, or should I say modeling?

Brute

Standard Donor
But it doesn't means TN could ignore those unusual joint placements. It would be better if DOA characters move like a real human with super power.
It'd be nice, sure, but no developer is perfect. Keep in mind a lot of moves and their clipping/collision are affected by the opponent's size and such, and there are in general far more moves in DOA than most other fighters. Perfecting every animation would take considerable time and resources that frankly, hardly any developer has.
Considering what they're doing and the quality of their competitors, I'd say TN does an admirable job for animation in DOA.

Just like superman in "Man of Steel", he got super power, but he moves just like a human. No weird joint placements.
Odd example given
A) That's a movie and everything can only go down one way, so it's easier to perfect everything.
B) Superman had a way higher budget than TN
C) It's Superman, so watching anything on-screen that happened required such a suspension of reality to even partially accept what was happening

TN should give more attention on 3D motions, or should I say modeling?
No, you're referring to animation. Modeling work is something different, and refers to the mesh of the characters not in motion. I feel TN does an excellent job in that regard, too, however.

My only complaints with DOA5's graphics are:
1) Low texture quality on certain things
2) Boring choice of environments and texture palettes
3) Some rare moves that jack things up
4) The VFs
5) Breast Physics

Everything else looks pretty solid, imo

XxSakuraLuvaxX

I'm not.. liking the cover so much but someone mentioned having some characters fight on it, so I got this :rolleyes:
FINNNN.png

I might print this and stick it on my game once I buy it :oops:

David Gregg

I'm not.. liking the cover so much but someone mentioned having some characters fight on it, so I got this :rolleyes:
[epic and amazing pic]
I might print this and stick it on my game once I buy it :oops:

WAIT XxSakuraLuvaxX this pic is almost perfect all you need to do is fix Kasumi's right arm so that she's making a fist instead of letting it hang down.

That is a terrific pic though...I'm serious.
FuturamaApplause.gif

Keved

I actually don't mind the new cover with the characters faces in squares. At the end of the day if you're not keen on the cover then do what I do & simply slip DOA5's box art under the plastic sleeve of DOA5U. I do that when i get rid of games I don't want anymore (assuming some people may sell their DOA5 vanilla copies for DOA5U), as long as the disc is intact you will still get the same amount of money trading it in as you would with the cover & manual (does such a thing exist anymore) with it. So you're not selling yourself short if you decide to keep the cover art. Well I haven't had any problems from my experience anyway, just a thought. :cool:

This should be the cover:

ojMH2h0.jpg

1108.gif

Merlin

Most likely, your DOA5 save file will unlock what you've already unlocked.

I hope this is the case. Unlocking Alpha-152, Tina's swimsuit, and Christie's swimsuit took a very long time and was a frustrating nightmare for me. I'm in no hurry to repeat this. I still don't even have Lisa's special swimsuit from vanilla DOA5. I gave up on it a long time ago and I actually don't even remember what I'm supposed to do to get it now. Does anyone remember?

Anyway, I kind of hope any bounty system is for the new costumes or maybe for alternate accessories or something.

Chapstick

I still don't even have Lisa's special swimsuit from vanilla DOA5. I gave up on it a long time ago and I actually don't even remember what I'm supposed to do to get it now. Does anyone remember?
Either beat survival on legend difficulty (good luck) or play 200 ranked fights online.

Argentus

Thay cover looks more like ayane is in the process of throwing kasumi across a room by her leg, bowser style.

I still just want the exact side by side pose Mila and leon have on the original doa5u cover. Mila throwing a kick at Leon, missing, while leon just stands there lookin badass. Looks more iconic.

synce

New famitsu drops in a couple days, so it won't be long before the new info... My guess is we'll finally see those new features I mentioned earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD