The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 13

A hypothetical DOAX3 isn't gonna be a big money sink as some might think. TN already has the engine and the updated models for their female characters done when DoA5/U/A was made. Just slap in a few mini-games, miscellaneous stuff like an in-game store, and a few more animation sequence events and done.

Sure it won't bring big sale numbers since it's aimed at a more narrow demographic, but what is important was the game wasn't a big monetary investment/labor effort either and the potential for acceptable profit levels is still available especially since it's not 360 exclusive anymore.

Also about the "reputation" concern, TN shows no concern at all. They legitimately tried to make the game more conservative with their lady fighters when DoA5 started, but apparently that took away one of the big draws from the series and ended up backfiring after mass negative fan feedback.

Not to mention apparently the overseas concerns about the "reputation" seems suspect since we apparently do buy the various skimpy swimsuits in masses anyway. I would laugh if the gravure videos overseas sold well too. If true we deserve the fate of TN making a DoAX3.

Last edited:

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Sorry I have to agree with MB, how could you guys be so selfish?

Now I'm not really a fan of the series (wouldn't even had played it had it not been for the DOA girls) but why hate something you don't have to play?

And to the people saying "Oh if they makethis it'll sell bad and make them not pay attention to our precious other games", please do everyone and jump over a bridge. We just got two DOA5 games, the current one which still continues with content and two Ninja Gaiden games that recently came out with a third coming soon and in development (NG4). What more could you want?

Also TN isn't some indie company, they have money. If the game is to fail (which no one at this point could say it would) then I'm sure TN will still have enough money to hop back on their feet.

BTW, I just wanted to add that just because a game is sexualized doesn't mean it'll be bad and/or fail and/or not sell.

For example, Rumble Roses was sexualized and was terrible and boring. Now let's look at the Seran Kagura series,that game also is sexualized (even more then RR) but it was still a fantastic and amazingly interesting game that is selling well in Japan and the west.

Being totally against a sequal of DOAX is like me being against Subway. I don't like food from Subway so I just don't go there. I don't try my best to shut the place down, make a petition, boycott, and more to the resturant because even though I don't like it, many others do.

I don't care for Tengu, but many others want him so I won't bash him and his fans and say he can't return and that he would ruin the game or crap. Why, because people enjoy him and want him back. So how is wanting another DOAX any more different.

If you don't like it then cool don't buy, play, or support it and don't worry about it. But don't be Anti DOAX3 and bash the game and the people who want it and hope for it never to return. Because not only does that make you look selfish as hell, but it makes you look like a douche.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
waste company time and money, damages its reputation, and discourages sales

if you can by all means convince me that DOAX3 will not do the above, until then im afraid i will have to actively oppose another DOAX game. course me being lazy as sin "actively" doesn't really mean much

Brute

Standard Donor
Sorry I have to agree with MB, how could you guys be so selfish?
'Cause everyone is. Let's flip the table here for a minute.

I could call you selfish for wanting DOAX3 becuase that would take away from them devoting more to Ninja Gaiden. So by supporting DOAX3, you'd be "selfishly" slighting the NG fans.

You see? All a matter of perspective. I'm no more selfish than you are.

We just got two DOA5 games, the current one which still continues with content and two Ninja Gaiden games that recently came out with a third coming soon and in development (NG4). What more could you want?
A Ninja Gaiden that isn't a broken mashfest would be nice.

Also TN isn't some indie company, they have money. If the game is to fail (which no one at this point could say it would) then I'm sure TN will still have enough money to hop back on their feet.
Lots of big game companies are or have been on the verge of bankruptcy in recent recent, including but not limited to Square Enix and Nintendo.

Being totally against a sequal of DOAX is like me being against Subway. I don't like food from Subway so I just don't go there. I don't try my best to shut the place down, make a petition, boycott, and more to the resturant because even though I don't like it, many others do.
A bad analogy, since Subway isn't competing with something you do want. It's not like if Subway stays in business they don't have the resources to operate the Olive Garden (or wherever you like to eat).

If you don't like it then cool don't buy, play, or support it and don't worry about it. But don't be Anti DOAX3 and bash the game and the people who want it and hope for it never to return. Because not only does that make you look selfish as hell, but it makes you look like a douche.
Careful with the name calling. You'd be surprised how easily and efficiently it can be thrown back at you.

Emmanuel

so the descount price on characters it's gonna be only when all come out in 6 months? i didn't understand that part, would't be better to make a season pass and give a descount right away, i mean a lot o people are gonna but them anyways why not make a season pass and give a discount price. (well TN discount price that would be probably like 5 dollars, maybe a little more).

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
so the descount price on characters it's gonna be only when all come out in 6 months? i didn't understand that part, would't be a better to make a season pass and give a descount right away, i mean a lot o people are gonna but them anyways why not make a season pass and give a discount price. (well TN discount price that would be probably like 5 dollars, maybe a little more).
That would be smart on their part and convenient on our part, but alas, nope.

Yurlungur

Let's be honest, ngz is a b rated horror film especially with the dialogue
That being said not worth whatever price it is especially since it's not complete
i'd probably at most pay 40 dollars for it

Chapstick

At first I thought when they talked about a character pack it meant just the characters after MR and P4, because there is no way they could be that stupid. Announce a character you're putting up for sale in several days will be available at a later date for less? :/

Yurlungur

:|

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
At first I thought when they talked about a character pack it meant just the characters after MR and P4, because there is no way they could be that stupid. Announce a character you're putting up for sale in several days will be available at a later date for less? :/
I doubt the character pack will be for less when all the new characters are bundled together. Besides, Marie Rose is going to be $6 for just her alone, Phase-4 might be the same amount. If TN adds 2 or 3 more characters for a total of 5 new characters, the bundle will probably cost around $15-$20 for all of the new characters, maybe more. But I'd rather just buy the new characters as they are released rather than wait for the bundle, especially if you're a tournament player.

Emmanuel

I doubt the character pack will be for less when all the new characters are bundled together. Besides, Marie Rose is going to be $6 for just her alone, Phase-4 might be the same amount. If TN adds 2 or 3 more characters for a total of 5 new characters, the bundle will probably cost around $15-$20 for all of the new characters, maybe more. But I'd rather just buy the new characters as they are released rather than wait for the bundle, especially if you're a tournament player.
that's exactly my thoughs, and as i said i think i would be better to have a season pass that you pay now and get all the characters as soon as the come out with a little descount, but that's obiously a wishful thinking.

werewolfgold

For people that care.

Kasumi (Current): BITCH, I'MMA KILL YOU! (My own spin on it. lol)
PHASE-4: AAAAAAHHHH, you're killing yourself.
Alpha-152: The number of clones have gone up again and things are getting rough, huh?
Kasumi Alpha: Hurry up and make DOAX3.
Kasumi (Sakura Tange ver.): Stop. Fighting amongst ourselves (?) is unbecoming. Besides, I'm the real one!

Shots fired... lol

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Okay, i'll clarify myself.
The Doa fighting game does have boobs, and stuff, but it's not the main point in the game, unlike in DOAX.
The reason why i don't want a new DoaX is very simple :
I just hate the fact that when i mention Dead or alive in conversation, people say " You mean the BV crap with bouncing boobs ?"
As you spotted it, the Doa franchise's image is already pretty low, but it's not a reason to make it even worst with games only for perverts like DOAX...
I don't dislike the sexy side of DOA, but i dislike when there is no other side. That's what i don't like in DOAX.

Mini game and volleyball ? Don't fuck with me, the mini game were brain dead as hell and the volley system was pretty bad too. Everything in that game was just a pretext to fapp...
I don't want a shitty game like DOAX2 with better graphics and the DOA5 model's named DOAX3.

If they were to create a DOAX with a really good gameplay, interesting mini-games, or anything else that could make me say "okay, this game is not just Fap-service" , i would gladly buy it.

We need to show that DOA is not only about tits and asses, and DOAX might not be a good point for that. That is why i don't want an other one of those games.
I don't entend to be offensive toward anybody. You wanted to know why i don't want DOAX, now you know.
Yep, you definitely understand. You get a gold star sir! :)
images

Cake

Okay, i'll clarify myself.
The Doa fighting game does have boobs, and stuff, but it's not the main point in the game, unlike in DOAX.
The reason why i don't want a new DoaX is very simple :
I just hate the fact that when i mention Dead or alive in conversation, people say " You mean the BV crap with bouncing boobs ?"
As you spotted it, the Doa franchise's image is already pretty low, but it's not a reason to make it even worst with games only for perverts like DOAX...
I don't dislike the sexy side of DOA, but i dislike when there is no other side. That's what i don't like in DOAX.

Mini game and volleyball ? Don't fuck with me, the mini game were brain dead as hell and the volley system was pretty bad too. Everything in that game was just a pretext to fapp...
I don't want a shitty game like DOAX2 with better graphics and the DOA5 model's named DOAX3.

If they were to create a DOAX with a really good gameplay, interesting mini-games, or anything else that could make me say "okay, this game is not just Fap-service" , i would gladly buy it.

We need to show that DOA is not only about tits and asses, and DOAX might not be a good point for that. That is why i don't want an other one of those games.
I don't entend to be offensive toward anybody. You wanted to know why i don't want DOAX, now you know.

As much as I would love another DoAX (I really would), this is the very reason I don't want it. I really want the naysayers to shut the fuck up and realize there's more than boobs to Dead or Alive. A lot of people regretted thinking so already after trying it, one can only hope it gets better even.

Granted, if they removed the sexiness from the game entirely, I personally would feel it would be losing part of its identity.

(or something along these lines, I should be in bed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD