The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
If we still had the actors from black and white movies we could. Just that today's actors are emotionless retards who rely on cg and post editing to make up for their lack of expression and acting ability.
People have to understand that in America, voice acting isn't a lucrative career like it is in Japan. That's why many Japanese VAs have so much emotion and expression in their voices. In America, most of the same VAs are used because they're seasoned professionals and it's hard to find English VAs that can capture a similar essence of the Japanese VA.

Hoya Destroyer

Oh wow. Yeah, Tengirls face and hair are stunning. A-grade work there. Well done, Team Ninja. After playing SF4U tonight, this stuff really emphasizes how much better DoA looks.

iIOxp7ch0T9Fy.gif

And a costume pack where everyone wears a pair of overalls? Seems odd, but Phase-4's looks damn good. Heh.

ibu3gfjvfTC2cZ.gif

Argentus

Meh.
Sitting here...still waiting for dlc that appeals to me. Haven't seen a one since Mila s schoolgirl outfit.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Argentus, you are a little annoying to me... >__>
Yes, she's no Mila and she has no light blue fluorescent hair... I really don't like, how you bash all the characters (except Mila and Leon). It's okay to not like a character, but we don't have to hear it over and over again, while on the other hand hyping other actually pretty dull, stereotypical characters.

AsheMann21

Ryona videos as DJClayface, participating in offline tournies, and more recently, an attempt to bring discussion back to the Christie forums about her 1.05 incarnation.

And you?
Oh that's nice. I just wanted say don't double post. Remember, a new sheriff's in town and he's watching (I think)

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
With Nyotengu, this just restores my faith in Team Ninja that they are dedicated to bringing BRAND NEW characters for the remainder of DOA5U's lifespan. Really hoping that they all stay for DOA6 and have some plot in the overall story as well. So far, three female characters have been released. I'm ready for some males. Two spots are left, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Kronin

@Kronin

So much for the "clumsiness". Same like classic Tengu.

Most of Tengus signature moves are in. Actually all, lol, which is pretty cool. Even that flail throw (can't wait to see her throwing Bass around xD).

But I don't like her japanese voice. Sounds annoying. That latex suit is also absolutely out of place IMO.

Fortunately I was wrong! XD TN was able to give really a Bankotsubo's vibe in her (at least for me): her clumsy/funny way to act, the sadistic side, the folklore new theme and the return of Bankotsubo's iconic moves and at the same time creating a new moveset, but of course we need to see more for it.

I'm pretty glad and I think that TN made a great work so far in the creation of an alternative to Bankotsubo - they could create a male, but in the end the Female Tengu idea was too much popular to lose the chance.

Personally I totally love her voice, it's exactly what I would imagine for a female counterpart of the DoA2 Boss (of course with a seductress tip).

PS: Great news to see that also Phase-4 will receive DLC outfits (being similar to Kasumi, this time some doubts about it were legit). But where are DLC for male characters?! :(

PPS: Marie Rose get pants (well actually shorts)! XD Her quest is - partially - ended @David Gregg :p

Last edited:

Argentus

Argentus, you are a little annoying to me... >__>
Yes, she's no Mila and she has no light blue fluorescent hair... I really don't like, how you bash all the characters (except Mila and Leon). It's okay to not like a character, but we don't have to hear it over and over again, while on the other hand hyping other actually pretty dull, stereotypical characters.
Not trying to hype or bash.

Actually happy that they made tengu fit in. Just ugh on the design. Not my type, and I never used tengu before so not likely to now.

But let me clarify.
I only used Leon. I used mila as lemons replacement also because especially in c2 she turns me on so much.

Overly sexualized things like Tina, Rachel, and this lady tengu turn me off. Its like they are trying way too hard.

Seriously though its like ms Escher is her barber.

Anyways have fun, enjoy, not my type, moving on. Character design is a big deal to me.

I pointed out how I'm dissapointed, and now basically moving on to not caring in the least unless I see a costume for her that I like down the road.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Also, did anyone else notice that Marie Rose's new overalls outfit is the same one from the costume contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD