The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 13

No story mode for a fighting game these days would be unwise since it would cripple the amount of hours available for the single player experience aspect that the casual demographic consumers enjoy. Even Capcom (infamous for providing nothing beyond the essential modes) acknowledged they need to enhance their single player aspect (Give a future SF title an actual story mode would be nice) to compete better with rival fighting franchises that can deliver both a satisfying single and multiplayer experience for their fighters.

Luckily TN realized this and at least created a unified story mode for DoA 5. I personally feel indifferent about the current story, but it would be foolish to underestimate the ramifications of omitting the mode for DoA 6. Story mode makes players feel that their character is something more then fancy looking floating hit-boxes and enhances the positive experience of playing and fighting against x character.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Story mode makes players feel that their character is something more then fancy looking floating hit-boxes and enhances the positive experience of playing and fighting against x character.
I have Ninja Gaiden for this. XD

Argentus

Did anyone notice how much they took away from DOA5 that were in previous DOAs? Like, when fights start, the camera doesn't transition to the two fighters on the stage? Or how there are no replays anymore? Why did they get rid of these little touches? Also, we need the DJ announcer voice back from DOA4. "GET REEEAAADDDYYY!!!!!!! FIGHT!!!"

Yes.....yes I have. I spent the last two years bitching about how they removed everything that made it feel like DOA. For example...

DOA 5 has a distinct lack of
aerosmith.jpeg

And they seriously need to bring that back for doa6. I have become so fond of Drem On, 9 Lives and Eat The Rich because of memories of DOA.

Much like how Animal by Mud men brings back memories of burnout, 80smusoc brings memories of saints row 2, so on and so forth.

Its honestly really sad that I don't have anything like that to associate with doa5....except for terrible rap that resulted in me always muting the TV till I got in a match.

Kronin

The story mode is able to give a big influence on the characterization of the characters and consequently on the appreciation or less for them (indipendently by the fighting moveset). Personally I love the story of DoA (DOA5 included) but I think that the importance of a such mode should never be understimated, even by the people that doesn't like it.

If Virtua Fighter - generally considered the best fighting game from a technical point - is far from getting a big popularity in the West, IMO one of the main reasons is just the absence of a such element.

Last edited:

Argentus

The story mode is able to give a big influence on the characterization of the characters and consequently on the appreciation or less for them (indipendently by the fighting moveset). Personally I love the story of DoA (DOA5 included) but I think that the importance of a such mode should never be understimated, even by the people that doesn't like it.

If Virtua Fighter - generally considered the best fighting game from a technical point - is far from getting a big popularity in the western, IMO one of the main reasons is just the absence of a such element.
Virtua fighters main hurdle is that its really really bland. Can be as technical as it wants, but if its not entertaining, its not a good game....

But I agree that a mortal kombat9/doa5 style full story would help any fighter.

Though I never wanna touch doa5s story again. Still haven't since the one time I played it at launch.

Jadeinchains

Omg i am on tumblr and i just saw a post of someone who identified as coffee-kin! That site! Jesus christ.

Anyway so that this post has to do with doa i actually think characters had more personality in doa5.

Chaos

Omg i am on tumblr and i just saw a post of someone who identified as coffee-kin! That site! Jesus christ.

Anyway so that this post has to do with doa i actually think characters had more personality in doa5.

Not MOE enough.

compared to this -__-
Hitomi had that serious attitude on DOA3 and her victory quotes weren't too cheesy but now her attitude is annoying .

DOA3 "I have both technique and power"

DOA5 "I got the V for victory!" -_____- *face palm

Last edited:

Valhalla

Standard Donor
Hitomi had that serious attitude on DOA3 and her victory quotes weren't too cheesy but now her attitude is annoying .

DOA3 "I have both technique and power"

DOA5 "I got the V for victory!" -_____- *face palm
Wait, wait, what? Where did her "Yeah! One more to go!" win pose come from??? This is news to me.

Blazeincarnated

Luckily TN realized this and at least created a unified story mode for DoA 5. I personally feel indifferent about the current story, but it would be foolish to underestimate the ramifications of omitting the mode for DoA 6. Story mode makes players feel that their character is something more then fancy looking floating hit-boxes and enhances the positive experience of playing and fighting against x character.
^this. Zack needs to be cold as fuck again. Until then, they will constantly lose their depth and further make people drop this game, but oh what do I know, the game was always about tits anyways right? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD