The Fall Classic Offline Experience

Gill Hustle

Hey gang, Gill Hustle here and I'm gonna fill you in on what happened down in North Carolina this past weekend at TFC!

WELCOME TO NORTH CAROLINA

Well it was Friday and I had just landed in Raleigh, after multiple attempts I was unable to get a hold of UGS Bboy Dragon (team and one of my roommates at Hilton for the next few days. While I was scrolling through my phone for the airport shuttle number, I noticed a familiar face coming outta the restroom!

It was @SomewhatMental ! I had met him for the first time last month at Summer Jam in Philly. He was accompanied by @Return of the Shadow and after the quick reunion, he introduced us as this was our first meeting outside of XBL. As we waited for the bus we discussed our impressions of DOA5U regarding character changes systems etc.

The shuttle arrived and we were on our way to the venue but made a brief stop to pick up another group of gamers at another terminal. Recognizable faces were Neo, Sherry Jenix, Chris G, and a quite individual I'll come back to .

Chris, Neo, and Sherry were probably the liveliest of our little " pilgrimage " recounting their past exploits back in NYC. Needless to say some hilarity ensued on Ms Jenix part about not being aware that Brooklyn was part of New York City . . . :confused:

I SEE GAMER PEOPLE . . .

Welp after a trip that took roughly 35-40 minutes we made it to the Hilton ( and Mental thought we should have took a cab )

Now lemme tell you guys that have never been able to make it out to Major yet, there is something about walking into a lush hotel with every other occupant walking around with either an arcade stick, monitor, game console or some combination of the three.

I believe the next familiar face I came across was my ol buddy @CyberEvil who was waiting not for me mind you, but the player who I would learn was @Tulkas. Yeah, the quite guy on the shuttle FSD member that just flew in from Venezuela! He spoke little english, but through unique "gamer lingo" we were able to communicate.

Cyber informed us that everyone was in the main hall for the Team Battle Tournament so I made that my first stop.

Ahh reuniting with my DOA family . . . time to name drop! : @Mr. Wah, @Rikuto , @Mr.Kwiggle , @Blackburry , @Blackula , @XCaLibur BLadeZ , @WINBACK , @Shade, @rabies, Chosen1, @SweetRevenge117 , @IMMERW0LF, @BBoyDragon and @Allan Paris FREAKING ALLAN LOL! were all the peeps I knew and recognized from past tournies I had attended. Further inspection of the crowd hovering over the monitor set ups that were easily recognizable @MASTER , @Perfect Legend , and @E-Mann as I chatted for a bit with peeps I an into fellow Ayane player and brother in the school of Hajinmon Rip.

Funny thing with that was the whole "I knew it was you but kinda didn't moment" that happens so often at these events ha ha.

More to come gang . . .

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD