The International Interviews: #18 Ky-Dragon

ikodomo

“When I started to play competitive DOA; no one believed in me. So I had to work hard to become the best French player. Since that time, I have never given up even when I had only 1 pixel of life left. I always do my best in tourneys and that’s why I always get top 2 in every EU tourney.”
- Ky-Dragon

We are back at it again with another series of the International Interviews! As we are currently in the Holiday Season, I wanted to make this one a Blockbuster one. This is going to be something special folks. This time we around, we have two highly touted and skilled players coming out the European scene, France and the UK. Now let's get started! Up first is Ky-Dragon!

Ky-Dragon has been considered one of the best, if not the best, player coming out of France. What makes this more fascinating is that he first started with DOAD. Known for his Kasumi, Ky-Dragon has been tearing up the French scene these past recent years. As the new year approaches and with a new tournament season up ahead, definitely look out for France's own Ky-Dragon.

a6kUZkGzjTqCngW4nhxEWSAsEAzyrS9sfFikp0OpPaGwmNVCuPR_aEJY2bAyoI1cr0tyMXj43IG8MrCyQXF456-FDj_EuCGV_lu8udCQCBvzyp8O-FwreJ0hQN-8kRFhTRcS9E5z

Name? Gaming alias?

Ky-Dragon

Country of Origin?

France

How did you come up with the name Ky-Dragon?

Ky - It’s because of Guilty Gear and a GG character named Ky. He was one of my fav.

Dragon - It’s because i like dragons and i’m a fan of Bruce Lee

Who are your main characters in DOA5LR?

Kasumi is my main and my fav character because she is my waifu xD but I’ll use Jann Lee, Christie and Genfu as well

How long have you been playing DOA casually and competitively?

Since DOAD casually and competitively since DOA5

If you were to describe your play style in 3 words; What would they be?

I am an aggressive player who likes to play a lot with mind games and my opponent reactions.

Is there any weaknesses in your game that you would like to improve on?

My weaknesses is my lack of confirmation and would like to improve it. Also, I throw a lot lol

What's your typical routine when preparing for an upcoming tournament? Do you have any players you spar with for an upcoming tournament?

Before an upcoming tournament, I train a lot with my clan.

Do you concentrate and listen to music, chat with friends, or just want to be alone and zone out everything around you?

I’m having fun with my friends and when i have to play, i get serious and do my best lol

What are the tournaments you have attended? What were those results you had on those tournaments?

I always get 2nd place in tourneys lol. I got the 5th place at the winter session 2014 lol

Ky-Dragon vs Alucardo

Any upcoming Tournaments you will be participating in the near future?

I would like to participate at least one huge tourney in the usa like TFC

Which version of DOA do you like and hate the most? Why?

I’ve played only DOAD and DOA5. So DOALR5 because they improved so much in doa5

Any players you enjoy watching or would like to play against?

I would like to play against all the US and Japanese players

How is the French scene? I heard that France has the biggest scene in all of Europe. What makes DOA very popular there? Can you tell us more about your scene and the players you have over there? Are there any ways you can think of improving your scene and its growth?

The French scene is strong and growing. We are a small community compared to the USA and Japanese scene, but we do our best in spite of all that. We have some strong players. We have many doa fans here that keep supporting the game that they love. As for the DOA popularity, i think it’s because it’s an easy game to pick up, but hard to master and because of the triangular system that makes it so unique, and the DOA girls ofc XD

We have a bit of everything here from casual to pro, but we do our best to help each other. Most of the players live near Paris so we have lot of offline sessions every time. If i can, I will help new players learn the game and try to bring new ones to play it by explaining how doa works.

Who are the players in France people need to be aware about?

I think the most dangerous players in tourney are Ivan, Snow,Bonus, JayceeChris, Elena Bathory, 8ml4, Ninrin and me ofc xD

Does the French players have a specific style that is unique compared to the other European countries?

We try our best to punish every unsafe moves. We take guaranteed over counter hit so our style is based on punition lol

Do you have a personal tier list on DOA5LR?

No I don’t have a tier list:

1. Because of the DOA triangular system

2. You can win with every character

If you were to pick one moment that defines you in DOA, what would that be and why?

My video (Stun Academy 3/ DOA Festival) against Snow or Ivan or any other player except Gehakball lol, because they show my mind games and how I can read my opponent

Ky-Dragon vs Ivan - DOA Festival Qualifier

Any other games you play for fun or competitively?

Smash Bros 4

DOA6. What year do you think it will come out?

next week xD nah I don’t know when, but I just hope they will take their time to make it

If you could create a DOA character from scratch for DOA6, How would you make that character? Gender? Martial Arts? Default Costume?

Honestly I have never thought of it, but I will give it a try lol

Martial Arts: Kung Fu and she can control elements like a witch lol

Default Costume: a witch costume that shows a lot of skin lol

DOAX3 is coming out soon. What do you think of the game? Are you going to get it?

I love the DOAX series because i love the new Kasumi and would love to get it, but unfortunately I don’t have ps4 atm
rdu9b81bMy1UgHiLbhU8T1qqN5sOu4Q-wi1GwxgyISZhw5kShpxaAJ7muUeVOZqFW_341mkilhvXyb3JBmLVrbf_pFKW2uSoAsrAOb5czVEki4QYgQhFXBMUpTdQaRCGyivd0Fsk

If you could give an advice for the aspiring competitive DOA player, what would you say?

Spend a lot of time in training mode and learn your character and work every MU. It’s the best way to get better at DOA.

Do you have a Twitter, Facebook or Youtube channel people can follow you on?

No sorry I don't have a pc

Any last messages? Shoutouts?

I would like to thank the ROF staff for the tourneys, the EU DOA players who go to tourneys and keep supporting the game and TN for this beautiful game

Dark-truth

Hmm Ky you might be one of the best kasumi's now but one day I will be the strongest Kasumi of Europe so be prepared and Uhm are you on PS3 ?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD