The International Interviews: #5 Force of Nature

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
And this is something you don't like to see, thus resulting into your wish to remove her?

Does said novice player automatically become "bad" if he doesn't use Alpha? Or, to use Christe as good example again ... does the impression that he is "good" not come up if he's gimmicking opponents to death with her instead? Is this only the case with Alpha?

Where do you draw the line to determine which character gives people the wrong impression when being used in a mashy way?

Interestingly most novice level Christie players I see usually have no idea what the hell they're doing with her and get bodied when PPPPP & 6PPPP stops working. She's not really an easy character to use compared to ALPHA. But yeah, Grimace summed up part of my impression of ALPHA reasonably well. In my experience, ALPHA either destroys her opponent or gets destroyed. There's, like, no middle ground with her. It reduces matches to retarded "first hit wins" contests at times, which is incredibly aggravating to endure. A lot of times I don't give a fuck and just go YOLO on ALPHA lol.

@lotr9690 Surprised no one complained about my tier list with having guys like Hayabusa so high lol.

@iHajinShinobi I actually want to play all the players listed offline. I only played a handful of them (SweetRevenge, RIG Kwiggle, MASTER, & Hoodless) when I was still shit at the game at TFC 2013.

@Omega Ayane DO IT! Come to EGLX next spring! Shit is gonna be BIG!

og23

Lol, C'mon dude you're pretty good! Don't sell yourself short ;)! I like your play! Corey uses Kokoro BTW.
Bro, you don't remember? Corey was playing Lisa before I even started coming out to A&C. He was even playing the exact same costume too... Creepy...

Anyway, Gatekeepers are moving up in the world, aren't they?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Bro, you don't remember? Corey was playing Lisa before I even started coming out to A&C. He was even playing the exact same costume too... Creepy...

Anyway, Gatekeepers are moving up in the world, aren't they?
Haha, yeah I remember but he dropped her for Kokoro because Kokoro gets more buttons. Your Lisa is more solid than his was.

Xernuht

I don't ever remember corey playing kokoro, was that when i was in ottawa???

When we finally got the VF and DOA scenes merging, Corey picked up Kokoro, og23 picked up Lisa and Luke picked up Leon. I think Corey tried Lisa because luchadors, but it really didn't go well.

Corey switched to Sarah because using Kokoro frustrated him. I think he's switching back, though.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
When we finally got the VF and DOA scenes merging, Corey picked up Kokoro, og23 picked up Lisa and Luke picked up Leon. I think Corey tried Lisa because luchadors, but it really didn't go well.

Corey switched to Sarah because using Kokoro frustrated him. I think he's switching back, though.
The irony is that Kokoro is miles easier to use than Sarah.

@Yurlungur Yes.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
There was one question with reference to "otaku" and I don't see where there was any "scrubby" talk. This wasn't an interview to some random online scrub and neither was the interviewer. Both Air Gear and I have participated in numerous offline events. It's like you only read the first couple of questions then stopped there. They're called "icebreakers".

@og23 I'm telling Corey you said that lol

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Can we get less scrubby talk and most importantly less weeaboo creepy shit for the next interview?
@Force_of_Nature is far from the "scrub" you think he is. He may not be some big name in major tourneys people flock to like a celebrity or deity, but you don't see that stopping him from building his struggling DOA scene in Canada, much less go out of his way to painstakingly stream a visual guide to the basics and advanced strategies wherever and whenever he can, despite the hardships he went through with stolen equipment which would've caused any ordinary person to just give up altogether-- but he didn't.

He knows his limits as a player and acknowledges he has a lot to learn, but that doesn't stop him from always being active when talking about strategies for certain characters, even now. Rather than take anyone's word for it because a player of a certain status says so, he does the research himself in order to prove his credibility as someone helping the community.

If that kind of mentality is what's required to be a "scrub", I guess we should all do nothing to help our fellow DOA fans and players in the community to get better. We should all be not even try to push ourselves to build not only our local scene, but the potential lasting friendships around us that could extend well beyond the game... but guess what? "Scrubs" like him are exactly who we need to keep this game alive.

So the next time you wanna judge someone who got an interview and call them a "scrub" or a "weeaboo" because of a few humorous replies, make sure you do your research. The man has earned it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD