DOA5U The Last DLC Pack

DOA5U's DLC lifespan lasted from the beginning to the end. From cops to nurses to... reindeer we have seen it all. Which can make one wonder, what will we see for Last Round? Will they start releasing bad ass clothes for more of the males like we would all like, or will they continue creating various fetish outfits that don't really add up to the individual characters?

Either way, I think they will need to change their DLC lineup for LR to keep the fans interested, as nobody seems interested in their last offering. Guess we will find out next year, but for now it's ribbons and reindeer, folks!

Overall, DOA5U has 602 costumes. That's definitely no small feat, even if the costumes were not to everybody's liking. The costumes don't make or break the game. They're all optional. I'm glad DOA5U DLC is done, because I still have some costume packs I still need to buy before Last Round. As far as Last Round DLC, I'm still going to buy the costume packs, because I've already sunk in a lot of money into Ultimate. Might as well continue the trend. And folks on PC will get costume mods, so the community will be able to create any costume they want.

there's the bunnies, police and christmas 2 set that I did not purchase (or the private paradise ripoff) because im just going to wait until LR is out.. then ill see if any of them are included and if not ill get them then. I hope private paradise is included because I will not buy that... I refuse.

Overall, DOA5U has 602 costumes.

I'm curious.

How many costumes does each girl ACTUALLY have if you

a) Count all "variation" costumes as a single costume (Same outfit multiple times, but with a single accessory or two removed, or pallette swaps)

and maybe

b) discount all "copypaste" outfits, only counting unique costumes?

Its really only A) which would reveal the TRUE amount of costumes.

Like, with Mila. Total in 5U, up to Cop dlc, is 32 costumes.

A) Reveals she has 27 unique costumes, If we are being generous and counting schoolgirl and cop as being seperate outfits from Idol and Racing (they really aren't, almost pallete swaps), which if we werent, drops it to 25.

Then if we remove all the outfits copy pasted from other girls (fetish packs, mostly) with

B), we get....only 13 unique outfits, and that's being GENEROUS and leaving the Handmedowns the old characters aren't currently wearing (swimsuits, Tinas doa1 outfit), as well as the Bass outfit. And give or take a couple fetish pack outfits you subjectionally see as different enough to warrant being unique (Maybe someone counts no sleeves on Mila's Idol outfit as enough to make it unique but I don't, while I do count her Schoolgirl outfit as unique since not all girls got schoolgirl, and hers is customized to look "rougher", in a way no other girl has.)

1. C1

2. C2

3. C3

4. C7

5. C8

6. C10

7. C13

8. C17

9. C20

10. C21

11. C22

12. C23

13. C24

(Jesus I think I may need to make a thread for this, and go through each girl)

Indipendently from my personal preference (actually I found very nice the cop DLC and in a lesser measure even this last pack), I praise TN for having included a little more variety and two guys in these packs. Honestly I think that we saw an improvement of the DLC in the last 2 packs that they offered us, I'm really glad for it and make me slighty optimistic for the future.

The sexy packs will continue but maybe this time they will blink more easily an eye to the less popular characters of the roster: finally, with all the ideas got from the costume contest, maybe it's not so unlikely that we could get a little more unique outfits pack inspirated from the designs (so not using exactly them) of the fans. All this without counting the possibility of another Legacy pack (fans are asking it endless from the release of the first one).

Last edited:
Indipendently from my personal preference (actually I found very nice the cop DLC and in a lesser measure even this last pack), I praise TN for having included a little more variety and the two guys in the pack. Honestly I think that we saw an improvement of the DLC in the last 2 packs that they offered us, I'm really glad for it and make me slighty optimistic for the future.

The sexy packs will continue but maybe this time they will blink more easily an eye to the less popular characters of the roster: finally, with all the ideas got from the costume contest, maybe it's not so unlikely that we could get a little more unique outfits pack inspirated from the designs (so not using exactly them) of the fans. All this without counting the possibility of another Legacy pack (fans are asking it endless from the release of the first one).
I agree. Now that Team Ninja is paying more attention to DLC for the male characters and slightly improving in the quality of the packs, that is giving me hope for the release of brilliant packs like Legacy or Casual Vol. 3 in the future.

I don't really care if they occasionally/sometimes make a fetish pack for the girls, because Team Ninja needs to please the people with a fetish too. It's just that they have gone too far and I hope they will abandon it eventually and make more unique packs (which will most likely not be the case).

If TN can continue to weave in legit costumes im fine with whatever other clothing they wanna throw out. But i guarantee you before LR is finished its gonna be costumes made out of nothing but strips of bacon and whipped cream. Mark my words gentlemen.

But i guarantee you before LR is finished its gonna be costumes made out of nothing but strips of bacon and whipped cream. Mark my words gentlemen.

New Helena's outfit:
ob_813de9412676057f72cfc2dafd102fc7_cream-roll.jpg

XD

Last DLC for 5 U
Nyotengu would say : Already finishid ....HOW UNSATISFAYING !!!!!!

yeah on the logc Side off course the new Game is on its way and they will support it with DLC Costumes.

But they really should give the LAST GEN PLAYERS the Oportunity to give them the FUTURE DLC COSTUMES coming for CURRENT GEN ,so LAST ROUND ,also for PS3 and 360 ..whats the point ?

the game will sell well :)

And dammit we want CLASSIC COSTUMES for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaall CHARACTERS (VF ,too)

and i have to say cant wait for STREET FIGHTER 5 :p

I agree. Now that Team Ninja is paying more attention to DLC for the male characters and slightly improving in the quality of the packs, that is giving me hope for the release of brilliant packs like Legacy or Casual Vol. 3 in the future.

I don't really care if they occasionally/sometimes make a fetish pack for the girls, because Team Ninja needs to please the people with a fetish too. It's just that they have gone too far and I hope they will abandon it eventually and make more unique packs (which will most likely not be the case).
Team Ninja isn't exactly in control of what DLC they release for DOA5. Koei is. Koei decided to have TN release the fetish packs because that shit sells assloads for them in the Eastern market. If Koei believes that Legacy or Casual DLC would sell more, they'd probably go down that route.

Last DLC for 5 U
Nyotengu would say : Already finishid ....HOW UNSATISFAYING !!!!!!

XD

But they really should give the LAST GEN PLAYERS the Oportunity to give them the FUTURE DLC COSTUMES coming for CURRENT GEN ,so LAST ROUND ,also for PS3 and 360 ..whats the point ?

I'm not sure to have understood well, but if you are saying that the new Last Round costumes will not be available for the owners of DoA5U on old generation, actually it's the opposite: TN will give the possibility to everyone to play with the new characters and outfits from Last Round.

The owners of Doa5U will have a free update that will patch the game to Last Round's gameplay (and so I suppose even eventual new intro and outro for characters, in single and tag).

Then, through the purchase of a paid special DLC pack, the owners of the old gen will have the possibility to buy Raidou, the new female character and all the outfits included in the Last Round disc.

Of course, with the update to Last Round, seems obvious that then the old Doa5U owners will have the possibility to buy and play with the future DLC packs that will be released for Last Round.

For making a supersummary... the current owners of DoA5U, after updating their game to Last Round, will NOT:
- get the new stages;
- get the new hairstyles and customization windows;
- get the new graphics and related engines.

But the current Doa5U owners, after updating their game to Last Round, will BE ABLE to
- get the new mechanics and gameplay changes and new outro (I suppose) of DoA5LR;
- get Raidou, the new female girl and - I suppose - eventual future DLC characters;
- get the new and old in disc outfits for Last Round and - I suppose - future DLC outfits.

EDIT : Maybe I realized the misunderstanding, you read how in their announcement Team NINJA talked of last DLC pack for DoA5U... but remember when you will update your DoA5U game with the free patch, your version will become automatically "Last Round" (I suppose that the title will replace Ultimate, exactly like happened for the updates with the SF series).

So they are correct in what they are stating, the Christmas set is the last pack for DoA5U, but this doesn't mean that the current last gen owners of the game will not able to get other DLC packs: just when they will do it, technically they will buy packs for their mutated "DoA5 Last Round" game.

Last edited:
Sexy outfits where great for a time being, but not its all boring uninteresting milking....
Especially how the males are being neglected and some female characters are even being skipped. -_-

I'm going to buy the super hero Lee costume once I get LR on PS4 and just go hammer time for a week!

I keep seeing people implying that the western fans don't want bikinis, fetish dlc, etc and that it's mostly the Asians that buy this stuff. I'd like to see some hard numbers to back that up, because it sounds like a load of bull and I often see people repeating it like it's the truth.

I keep seeing people implying that the western fans don't want bikinis, fetish dlc, etc and that it's mostly the Asians that buy this stuff. I'd like to see some hard numbers to back that up, because it sounds like a load of bull and I often see people repeating it like it's the truth.

Indeed it's not so: sure, I believe that the sexy outfits are the most popular in Japan and it's possible that Tecmo-Koei could have a particular regard for the martke of the original country of the game, but definitely on the big numbers they win anyway even on a globlal audience.

It's this the reason because I never asked to stop them or to make overall outfits for males (if there is a request for them from the fans, then it's right to fulfill it in my opinion), however I believe that would be possible different ways for achieving them. First of all with a better balancement between releases of outfits for the males (or even all roster packs) compared to the current ones seeing almost always only the most popular females; in second place even in the variety of the outfits bringing more uniqueness in the designs through the abandoning of unique themed DLC (honestly I prefer the swimsuits to some packs as the nurses or the training gears, just because if the DLC has to be necessarily sexy at least is better to get originality and variety between the outfits).

I believe that there are various ways for getting an improvement able to satisfy in a better measure all the fanbase and without really sacrificing financial outcomes, but sadly from the other side (I talk from TK), doesn't seem that there is a real wish to do this.

I like the female DLC and all, but the guys really need to catch up to the girls in term of DLC costumes. Bikinis and fetish wear is good and all, but not back to back.... I swear this will be me if they go through another drought of no male characters in the DLC packs....

Attachments

• jack-30-rock-heart-attack-study.gif
    jack-30-rock-heart-attack-study.gif
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 214
XD

I'm not sure to have understood well, but if you are saying that the new Last Round costumes will not be available for the owners of DoA5U on old generation, actually it's the opposite: TN will give the possibility to everyone to play with the new characters and outfits from Last Round.

The owners of Doa5U will have a free update that will patch the game to Last Round's gameplay (and so I suppose even eventual new intro and outro for characters, in single and tag).

Then, through the purchase of a paid special DLC pack, the owners of the old gen will have the possibility to buy Raidou, the new female character and all the outfits included in the Last Round disc.

Of course, with the update to Last Round, seems obvious that then the old Doa5U owners will have the possibility to buy and play with the future DLC packs that will be released for Last Round.

For making a supersummary... the current owners of DoA5U, after updating their game to Last Round, will NOT:
- get the new stages;
- get the new hairstyles and customization windows;
- get the new graphics and related engines.

But the current Doa5U owners, after updating their game to Last Round, will BE ABLE to
- get the new mechanics and gameplay changes and new outro (I suppose) of DoA5LR;
- get Raidou, the new female girl and - I suppose - eventual future DLC characters;
- get the new and old in disc outfits for Last Round and - I suppose - future DLC outfits.

EDIT : Maybe I realized the misunderstanding, you read how in their announcement Team NINJA talked of last DLC pack for DoA5U... but remember when you will update your DoA5U game with the free patch, your version will become automatically "Last Round" (I suppose that the title will replace Ultimate, exactly like happened for the updates with the SF series).

So they are correct in what they are stating, the Christmas set is the last pack for DoA5U, but this doesn't mean that the current last gen owners of the game will not able to get other DLC packs: just when they will do it, technically they will buy packs for their mutated "DoA5 Last Round" game.
I meant that the dlc WICH is coming for DOA 5 LR should be made for DOA5 U , too :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD