The Late Shift lopedo: Episode 2 fallout!

Did you enjoy this episode?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lopedo

Episode 2 is now in the history books. Matt Ponton joined us as we recapped and discussed TFC top 8, mentioned an incident and heard an absolute KILLER announcement from Matt regarding FSD. An honorary mention was given as well. This weeks poll is simple, did you enjoy the show? Got a question? Have something to say about it? We talked for an hour, your turn!

And of course, if you missed the episode I encourage you to listen here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lopedo/2015/09/18/the-revolution-continues-tfc-fallout

Last edited by a moderator:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think there has been a little bit of backlash from some regarding what was discussed in the podcast last night. While some of the podcast has indeed already been discussed, I think that when there is still this much controversy over what happened at TFC it's important to hear something of legitimacy from our community leader... not Kotaku, not Gamespot or the Game Theorist.

This podcast is also shared to a wide array of people outside of our every-day community. It's important that we fill in every player to the news of our events outside of those on FSD. The Facebook Competitive Group boasts pretty high numbers of people yet to join up at FSD even... catering to social media over a game forum.

It's important that the community is informed in a variety of ways... and that should be seen as a sign to community growth. Convergence is the key to success as I tried to point out earlier.

Regardless how you feel about the information given, you are still given exclusive content from the pros in this podcast. It's live for the community, and the questions are interactive. Another way we have converged education and awareness of our game.

We are taking this podcast seriously. We want to recognize the good work done in the community in more ways than one. If only the negative is highlighted who else will want to join? The community is recruiting for more fighters, and we want to show other communities interested in our game that we can cater to their needs here.

Any controversy surrounding Lopedo should also take a back seat. I think Lopedo is trying hard for the community. When you see people invest their time into something, and they are trying hard, it should be seen as a good thing in my eyes.

I also liked Matt Ponton's views on commentary and how it should be performed in this community. We don't need a play by play; we want to hear a story about why these two are fighting and what kind of intensity they are bringing to each other's game.

The community is trying very hard to go. Instead of feeling this way about this person, or this way about FSD. Why not channel that time into creating something fabulous for the community?

The Enforcer

Well said, DOAN.

I think a bit more time may have been spent than necessary on the one issue, but beyond that there was so much good stuff in there. The community itself has to be proactive about demonstrating the key thing of, having fun playing DOA. That's really what it's about. If people aren't having fun with it why are they still hanging around?

Having seen lopedo at a couple of tournaments and still sensing that in person he does a lot for having a good time, I wouldn't have known it was the same person on the talk. I mean that in a good way because he's being professional about all of this.

DOA's most active members whether casual or competitive are the windows people see to the franchise. If we're not at least being professional about it whether in agreement or disagreement on the various issues we will never grow this community.

system11

Standard Donor
I had no idea the second one had happened, was it announced anywhere ahead of time?

Edit: have listened to it now, totally on point with the stuff about interrupting tournaments.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I also liked Matt Ponton's views on commentary and how it should be performed in this community. We don't need a play by play; we want to hear a story about why these two are fighting and what kind of intensity they are bringing to each other's game.

I forgot to mention it in the stream, but this is one of my favorite recent matches where in the second match I was able to realize the story that was going on. Unfortunately it requires a lot of knowledge of the players, the scene, and playstyles to tell a proper story.

In this you can see that Kwiggle was "not respecting" Jaeger's skill, due to choosing one of his 'lower string' characters (Kasumi). But after losing the first match you can see him switch gears and actually decide to bring out the big guns by picking his chosen main to prove a point that Jaegar couldn't hang. Granted, Jaegar wasn't able to overcome his Christie. But I like the story that goes here to the point where Jaegar using his Ayane to counter Christie and getting the first two rounds of the last match helps establish Jaeger as a threat that Kwiggle didn't appear to believe at the start of the set.

system11

Standard Donor
Didn't see the thread juggle until now, would have voted yes in the poll so take this as a vote of thanks.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Didn't see the thread juggle until now, would have voted yes in the poll so take this as a vote of thanks.
Not sure why @lopedo set it to expire. I don't think the question needs to be an ended thing. So I turned off the due date on it. You can feel free to vote however you'd like now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD