The Late Shift with lopedo feedback and poll.

Who should guest star on the next episode of The Late shift with lopedo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lopedo

Aside from poll options above, I will add another poll that you can reply to.

First, did you enjoy the show? If yes, describe why. If no, describe why.

The Late Shift is going to primarily take place in the evening. With Blogtalk, I can do one show for two hours a day. That is obviously ridiculous, but how often would you be interested in tuning in? Once a week? Once a month? Other? Tell me a time. Feedback on this will propel the show forward and make it enjoyable for all of us.

Any and other comments and questions are welcome. This is OUR feedback thread. Good or bad. Let's hear it.

In case you missed it, here's our first show.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lopedo/2015/09/07/the-revolution-begins

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

Never seen Sweet Revenge talk actually, so I'm gonna vote for him to show up before Wah does!

lopedo

And again, I was sick when I did this. I'm not always out of breath and nasty congestion soundy. :D

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
I came late so I'm waiting for the upload, but from what I've heard I though it was great. Get to personally know more about the host and guest, very straight forward, set standards, and interact with those listening. I feel 1 hour weekly or bi-weekly would be great and I would tune in whenever I can.

DoANoob

Though I know neither players, the only player's name I've heard multiple times is SweetRevenge, so I'll vote for him. Also, I loved the podcast and want it to continue as much as possible. :)

shazzmatazzles

This was definitely a good idea and we should all follow lopedo's example. I think the next one you host though is going to draw in an even bigger crowd. I'll try and find time to do this myself, but until then, keep it up! Awesome, awesome idea!

squarewindow

Standard Donor
I enjoyed the show. It was interesting to hear your and Kwiggle's thoughts on various things. I think once every three weeks or so would be good for a podcast. You don't want to do it so frequently that it becomes a chore or difficult to keep doing.

I liked your idea of creating a "DOA for Dummies" guide to various terminology and systems. Top players are sometimes not the best people to grow a community because without realising it you are in a kind of top players "bubble" where you don't actually realise the lack of knowledge of the game a lot of people have. So a guide like that will be very helpful in educating people who are new to the game.

I have firsthand experience of new players coming into the game since Last Round came out. Today I went to Hurricane Rev's "Next Player UK" session in London for the second time and there are a few players there who are fairly new to the game but seem to be keen to get into it to a greater degree. It was a fun session, and if something is fun then people are likely to stick with it. I also have an online friend who has been playing since Vanilla but really stepped up his practice in the last few months and is improving fast and I'm sure enjoying the game a lot more too. So this can be done.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
That was actually a good listen from both you and Kwiggles. I'm honestly surprised no one has done a simplistic guide on "understanding DOA5" yet, lol. So that will be a good idea for newer players.

As for guest appearances, I think your guests should be focused on some of us top players first on your first couple of episodes. Mostly because it'll actually give the community an opportunity to learn what each/some of us are actually about. Why we play the game, our goals, our focus, etc. Then having other special guest appearances (aside from Tom Lee obviously) can be a better focus so the community can learn more about others players and the game, and were all involved as the show continues to grow and in popularity (as in more people are liking the show).

All suggestions though. Overall, episode one was very good and I look forward to how episode two will turn out.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm throwing my vote in for Mr. Wah. I think SR would be an excellent guest but push that to further down the line. My reasoning is relatively straight-forward: bringing on only top players would have a few negative effects over time that anyone familiar with this community should see coming. That and, no offense to anyone in particular, some people just aren't a good fit for a guest spot. Public speaking issues like rambling, poor tonal consistency, and a lack of professionalism would be a detriment to the show.

Bring people on that can speak to a unique angle that listeners will find interesting.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD