The Official E3 2013 Thread: You Must Login Every 24hrs to Post

Where do you stand as the Next Gen is being revealed?

• MICROSOFT

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • SONY

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • NINTENDO

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • PC

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Last Gen until the servers get cut!!

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Preparing for The Purge!! (someone will die, and zero ****s will be given)

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • "I'm too old for this ****!"

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other [insert stance in thread] (PLEASE BE ENTERTAINING!!!)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

Raansu

I didn't mean support for gamepads and sticks there. Those are very well supported. I meant that PC user do not necessary have a controller, since it's an optional accessory. (Yes, they can buy it if they understand it will make a game playable or more enjoyable.)

Just not seeing the issue here.

Brute

Standard Donor
I didn't mean support for gamepads and sticks there. Those are very well supported. I meant that PC user do not necessary have a controller, since it's an optional accessory. (Yes, they can buy it if they understand it will make a game playable or more enjoyable.)
Yeah, that's the idea. You buy your own shit.

Xboxes don't coming with arcade fighting sticks, either. Doesn't stop people from buying them and using them for competitive play.

Koompbala

I guess the market just isn't that big...

None of my old contacts ever knew anything about it.

Okay let me change that around my current friend has a friend with a modded PS3. He never brings it online though so I don't think a modded PS3 can be online like 360. What he has to do is transfer games from his computer to the PS3 and the PS3 stores all the games. So yeah its a pain to play for free on PS3. 360 its a pain at first, but then less work later on as you know.

Jaguar360

I'm the only one who's voted for Nintendo? Well that sucks. :( Oh well, at least I have Sony backers of course.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm too invested in the MS ecosystem to not get an Xbox One and I honestly don't have a problem with any of the systems they've mentioned. I actually rather like the family and friends thing as I do routinely give my friends games. This way I can simply gift it to them instantly and depending on how the family thing works as long as your "family" has a consistent internet connection and you do too you can still borrow each other's games. I'm hoping they clarify some of that shit further.

As for the Nintendo bit, I honestly couldn't care any less about them. The Wii U is a last gen console all the way and developers are not exactly flocking to it. Much the opposite, really. My 3DS is very rarely played and might get sold if they just show Zelda and Pokemon at E3 for it.

Sony I'm at least curious about. I love my Vita but I don't see myself getting a PS4 at launch without some killer exclusives. A new Uncharted at launch might do it but I can't think of anything else off hand. I'm also curious how hard the news of the PS4's inevitable DRM solutions will land. Sony definitely has their own version of what MS is doing but it's possible they've been scrambling to dial things back since MS committed PR suicide with their reveal event. People blew it out of proportion but they pushed nearly everyone away and Sony was smart to keep their mouths shut.

We'll see what happens.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It won't. You're welcome to your opinion of course. I seem to recall people bitching about MS locking them out when Xbox Live came around and required a broadband connection, too. MS isn't afraid of forcing change and I don't see that as a bad thing, necessarily. Software companies have always looked for ways to prevent borrowing, trading, and re-selling. MS is just forcing it at the hardware level.

I would have preferred they didn't piss everyone and their favorite internet mouthpiece off but this isn't new for MS. Other big companies routinely force massive changes on everyone too. Apple is a great example.

You can try to label me a fanboy all you want but the fact remains that I can give personal reasons why the things most people are screaming about don't affect me in any noticeable way. Going to be really interesting if Sony comes out and says anything even remotely similar. Since MS didn't backpedal from all of the backlash, it might shore up Sony's resolve to also not give in on whatever DRM shit they're doing.

Get ready to either pick your poison or hop on the PC gaming bandwagon, but as fighting game players every single person here will eventually be on one of the new consoles.

Koompbala

Just wait til your favorite NG game gets released on XBone, or a good DoA comes out. Then wait for that moment way down the line. When you wanna go back and play those good games in the series. Oh wait you can't DRM and the servers are down permanently. That also throws any game collection you have right out the window. Collections are now moot cause there will always be that gap of you not being able to play it anymore. From my understanding you are a NG fan with a collection. Say bye bye to a complete collection. I know you will get a PS4 too, so you could complete it through that just saying though.

Honestly if you don't see anything wrong with that? Then there's something wrong with you as a gamer. My head was so far up MS's ass that I bordered fanboydom (I know its fanboyism). All these restrictions are not okay though. Its funny how some people compare games to movies. There's pirating used movies and so on. You don't see movie companies doing this shit. There's gotta be a better way than this shit. They probably didn't wanna invest any money on actually solving this. Just took the easy way out complete control.

Game Over

9hrs until Microsoft bombs ... I mean ... launches this year's showdown!!

MS pre-show/press conference @ 12noonEST.

It was me. I felt like being an asshole for 2 seconds.

I don't buy it!!! I know you were the one who voted "I'm too old for this ****!"

Now NAME THAT MOVIE!!! lol

Koompbala

I'm too invested in the MS ecosystem to not get an Xbox One.

I know I'm not the one who can tell you what you can and can't do. Even though I'm about to....... But your not too invested in anything MS related. Unless you actually owns stocks that pertain to MS then yes you are. Being too far in investments is owning stocks, or owning a business. When you fall those fall with you. I wasted more money than I thought I could ever come up with in MS. The way they see it is our investments don't mean shit to them. As long as their pockets gets filled they will do what they want with it. DLC/XBLA thats time and money spent now gone. Games those you can at least go back to. Dlc/xbla you can play, but only under 2 conditions. We are connected to xbl, or play said dlc/xbla on the console it was downloaded.

What happens when the console breaks, or for whatever reason that DLC gets corrupted. Thats now money down the drain and no way to get it back. With games that's just time spent and money put to use. Clearly your investments don't mean shit . If they actually cared they would make cost effective improvements not just improvements. You say your too invested now? Wait til the generation after next gen. What are you gonna be saying then when they pull the same shit? Still too imvested? If our investments mattered then there wouldn't be, so many restrictions.

What about dlc/xbla are you not just gonna buy anything? Your just gonna play the vanilla version of every game to come out? It was announced already games will have further support through achievements. That could be free achievement support or it could not be. Point being this most likely means more dlc next gen. Your really gonna pass up all the dlc to come? Remember dlc xbla dont carry over this highly likely it won't next gen. You don't support them now to show them they are going too far. I can say this for sure if people actually liked this, or this sold like candy. Every gen after that would stay the same. Which would make sense as there would be no incentive to go back to something if the other sells. This could also get progressively worse and not stay the same. What I'm saying its only gonna stay the same, or get worse. Things are not gonna get better if you support this.

I don't buy it!!! I know you were the one who voted "I'm too old for this ****!"

I agree I was thinking who voted for that? Now that you said Awesmic yeah I totally agree.

Saber

As for the Nintendo bit, I honestly couldn't care any less about them. The Wii U is a last gen console all the way and developers are not exactly flocking to it. Much the opposite, really.
I agree. People say it's next-gen, but really, it's a late-current gen. Plus I don't really care about Wii U exclusives. (The only Wii-exclusive game I care about is Xenoblade Chronicles in which its only limitation is the console it's on).

As for E3 this year in terms of games, I'm probably looking forward to Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, Assassin's Creed 4, Dynasty Warriors 8, Toukiden and Mirror's Edge 2 if it's true.

The only thing I'm expecting from Sony is not to follow in Microsoft's footsteps.

And I mentioned this before, but I'll just wait till the Slim versions come out.

shunwong

As for E3 this year in terms of games, I'm probably looking forward to Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, Assassin's Creed 4, Dynasty Warriors 8, Toukiden and Mirror's Edge 2 if it's true..

Looking forward to assassin's creed 4 too. Havana and Kingston should be fun.

Also, Im enjoying Dynasty Warriors 7 so I want to see if they improve the graphics some more in 8.

janejana

Looks like this thread could use some lulz, so here's one of Microsoft's advertising slogans for the Xbox One.

Aj2C0h5.jpg

Because when you go to E3, you want to hear about TV inputs!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD