The official "I want DOA5U for PC" topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocogerman777

PS4 and XBOne being more like PC because of x86-64..
DOA 5U Arcade on the horizon..
PC version of Yaiba NGZ in the works..

I'm still not that optimistic about a PC version of DOA5...but now's probably a good time to ask.

We just have to let Team Ninja know that we want it..and maybe they might just grant our wish someday.

Last edited:

chocogerman777

NO! TN would lose money. End of story. Move on.
Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpeg

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It takes a lot of effort to optimize a game for the impossible amount of combinations of hardware for a PC.

chocogerman777

Maybe consider this for doa6, but as for 5, there's not a snowballs chance in hell.
If Skullgirls,Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters XIII, Naruto UNS3, and Injustice can come out on PC(albeit a little bit late)..then there's no reason DOA shouldn't be able to as well.

If the PC version of Yaiba doesn't totally suck and/or flop..then there's no reason that Team Ninja can't bring more of their franchises to the PC.

Don't you guys want DOA to have an even bigger community?

Berzerk!

love how people think they know better about Team Ninja's resources "oh no, don't do it it will be so hard for these professional developers to release a game on PC"

wtf! Of course it would be a good thing to have on PC. More platforms, more exposure to new players.

Squizzo

But all those games are more popular than doa and some are made by much bigger developers.
As for Yaiba, it's being developed for console and pc from the start, doa wasn't. Now I'm no games designer but I would hazard a guess that it's easier to make a game multi platform from the start, rather than porting it later.
Don't get me wrong, I would personally love doa on the pc. But I don't see it realistically happening.

Macca Beam

Considering how fast we get PC ports for the Musou games I don't see why porting DOA to PC would be an issue for them at all.
"Lose money" probably refers to bikini sales and PC moddability.

I personally would kill for a PC version as well, though. I have a good Rig that's constantly up, so I'd feel more inclined to launch a game directly from there than to set up my console every time I want to play something. Steamworks doesn't seem too bad of a netplay option either.

chocogerman777

If DOA5U came onto PC it would just end up being like DOA Online again, there's a reason why Online failed.
So you expect DOA5 to automatically fail on the PC just because of DOA Online? C'mon now..

PC gaming might not be as big as console gaming (yet) but there's no denying that the PC gaming community is much larger than it was before and still growing. It's reason why more and more developers are porting games to PC.

Rawbietussin

Should there be a DOA5U for the iPhone topic too? They barely had any apps after taking down the Girls of DOA Blackjack and the Bijin Tokei app featuring Kasumi ang Hitomi.

UpSideDownGRUNT

So you expect DOA5 to automatically fail on the PC just because of DOA Online? C'mon now..

PC gaming might not be as big as console gaming (yet) but there's no denying that the PC gaming community is much larger than it was before and still growing. It's reason why more and more developers are porting games to PC.
No, but it wouldn't do as well.
Also TN would be losing ALOT of money, PC games are easily pirated and modded.

Why pay £12 of DLC when they can just download mods of the costumes for free? and not to mention all the nude mods.
it would end up being a loss more than a plus, I think that's a good reason as to why they haven't done it yet.

d3v

As unlikely as this seems, if this comes out on PC via Steam, then consider me a customer.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
NO! TN would lose money. End of story. Move on.
*sneezes* Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit.

Think about what you're saying, Blaze... why would I turn down an opportunity to pay for a version that allows me to mod costumes (or better yet, allow even better textures, self-shadowing, etc.) to my liking, especially when running this on really good PC hardware that would already be superior to the current gen console versions? In some ways, playing it on PC could potentially match the arcade version Mochi-A is claiming to be even more graphically enhanced than the console versions with the right setup.

Besides, was it not you who always wanted a Gold Ranger costume for Zack? Heck, I wanted a trenchcoat for Christie, and I haven't got zip yet. Yes, I'm aware it may not be the tournament standard format, and someone is bound to make nude hacks at some point (that's inevitable for almost any fighter on PC with character models worth a damn), but at the same time, you'll never find a better chance of getting that costume than modding through a PC... and with no extra costs, no less. I'm pretty sure that will be enough of a selling point, especially among casual players.

chocogerman777

No, but it wouldn't do as well.
Also TN would be losing ALOT of money, PC games are easily pirated and modded.
If that were really the case then developers who release PC games are either very generous,very stupid, or both.
Yes piracy has always been a problem..but that hasn't stopped PC gaming from growing has it?

Why pay £12 of DLC when they can just download mods of the costumes for free? and not to mention all the nude mods.
One of the reasons why Tekken gets more respect than DOA..Tekken doesn't milk DLC costumes.
Btw, I couldn't care less about mods or costumes. I just want to play the game on my PC.

Edit: Anyway,I've been doing a bit of research on Sega Arcade boards.
Apparently Sega's most recent boards have all been using x86-64 CPUs (mostly Intel), and modified versions of Windows..
If the RingEdge 2 uses PC hardware like its older siblings..then porting DOA5UA to PC will be so much easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD