The Official NorCal Thread

Pink Nitro

I'm usually free, not like I'm doing anything. Although, Tuesdays might be a bit iffy as the only thing preventing me from going is a ride to and from. I got a PS3 recently so I've been able to play more.

Pink Nitro

I have a controller if that counts? Although, the only thing preventing me from using it is a broken R button.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'm down to play online with other NorCal players. Actually it's about time I scout for another venue so NorCal players has more than one to go to.

Last edited:

Koompbala

I'm also free from work again. I just recently quit but like always. The bay is too far for me, so I'm probably never gonna show.

Sixmsj

Is anyone in NorCal even active right now? I always bring my personal 360 DOA5U setup to Milpitas Golfland every Tuesday night. If anyone in the South Bay (San Jose, Milpitas, Gilroy, Salinas) is looking for a place to play DOA offline I host sessions every Tuesday night at Golfland from 7pm-12am. It's $5 for a wristband to play all night. Like seriously, I'm trying to find some new recruits for people that want to learn the game or experience high level offline play! I'm willing to teach people too if they are interested :)

If anyone is interested in this just reply back to me or message me! Let's show everyone NorCal DOA is still going strong! There's a lack of events for this game in the West Coast right now but I have some stuff up my sleeve once DOA5LR drops! In the meantime, let's make things happen and level up!

Yo, yeah I've been in-active lately. Been focusing on work but I'm about to hop back in to the scene.

Xrd just dropped, so I got a PS4 and a stick and playing that right now. I'll be playing LR/Xrd as the two main games when LR comes out on the PS4. Maybe some Blazblue too on steam.

If anyone's interested also, I'd be glad to host some weekend sessions (everyone welcome) at my apartment in San Mateo.

As for Milpitas Golfland, that's a tough one coming from San Mateo. I might be interested in doing that if someone else was available to share a carpool coming from San Mateo. Otherwise I might be able to drop in every other week or so.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah, Adon and I can host casuals in Pittsburg sometimes as well (probably a 2-3 guest max). I'm also totally interested in coming out to San Mateo for casuals with Adon (and hopefully CJ too) at your spot, James.

Another thing NorCal seriously needs though is a venue that's relatively close for everyone (I've put off searching for one due to personal business "life" but will look around soon) so that most of us can start having gatherings more often offline.

quash

^ Sounds about right.

I'm coming back home for a bit next month. I know the anime scene in Norcal very well as well as the few VF heads, but have no prior experience playing DOA here. It sounds like you guys don't really have a regular meetup spot, which is unfortunate, but I'm willing to bet that Gamecenter wouldn't mind the extra business...

Koompbala

^ Sounds about right.

I'm coming back home for a bit next month. I know the anime scene in Norcal very well as well as the few VF heads, but have no prior experience playing DOA here. It sounds like you guys don't really have a regular meetup spot, which is unfortunate, but I'm willing to bet that Gamecenter wouldn't mind the extra business...
It's because no one has a vehicle and we're all so spread out. Combine that with people having work or school. We got a lot of no shows in CA. Again though, that is because of schedule issues, or transportation.

Pink Nitro

I'd love to show up if I ever got the chance, but yea, it's not that we do want to go. The problem is that we either can't get there or we're busy and have to skip it.

quash

That sounds about right, too. :p People who aren't from here tend to underestimate just how spread out the Bay Area (nevermind the whole Sacramento area) is.

Gamecenter's new location is a private venue, but the owner is always down to have more people come and use the place. I can speak with him about it, if you guys would like.

quash

I believe it's in San Carlos. It's not too hard to get to, as I remember, though I've only been to the new location once.

Koompbala

I have a smart phone, so my only issue is not getting lost, but simply transportation. I also am at a point in life. Where I enjoy offline, but I just don't care about it. To the point of I wont jump through hoops to play it anymore. If I gotta do public transportation to play it. Forget about it.

quash

Understandable. I just figured I'd offer since it seems pretty dead in here. In any case, if something does pop up, or if you guys just wanna play at some point, hit me up in February.

Koompbala

I'm always down to play that has never changed. I'm pretty much stuck in the Sac area is all. If someone can take me with them great.

NukNuks

Believe it or not but i've been bringing my set up to Milpitas Golfland every Tuesday for months now and have been teaching people how to play DOA. Like no joke, people are getting better and understanding the game better because they've been attending my sessions.

Aside from the sessions at Golfland I also host private sessions with other members of the community and great Fighter Game Community.

So if anyone near the San Jose Bay Area is looking to level up then all you gotta do is holla at me. Been out here doing this forever aint no one sleeping in round these parts.

loan_grains

Understandable. I just figured I'd offer since it seems pretty dead in here. In any case, if something does pop up, or if you guys just wanna play at some point, hit me up in February.
Just wished it were more in the vacaville, sac town, davis, heck even Fair field seems fine, I don't mind the bay but I have to pay for fuel and bridge cost damm.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD