The Official SoCal DOA Thread

ModusPwnins

So, quick question. I'm gonna be heading to Japan for about a week on August 13. Does anybody happen to know if anyone from the Japanese DOA scene visits FSD or who I should get in contact with? I would like to get some games in against them while I'm there, but the first step is even finding the arcade where they play at, how to get there, and when they even play.

Oh, and I'm also down to play some serious casuals to train me back up and shake off the rust before I depart. I'd like to put up some semblance of a fight while I'm there.

Last edited:

Vincent Rayne

@ThatOneAznJosh is awfully quiet about this tournament... What's the deal?
he was playing a lot last i saw him. and he has my copy of DOA so he can play the full game. but i dont know if he's playing anymore or not. anyone shoot him a message on facebook? i can ask if need be.
So, quick question. I'm gonna be heading to Japan for about a week on August 13. Does anybody happen to know if anyone from the Japanese DOA scene visits FSD or who I should get in contact with? I would like to get some games in against them while I'm there, but the first step is even finding the arcade where they play at, how to get there, and when they even play.

Oh, and I'm also down to play some serious casuals to train me back up and shake off the rust before I depart. I'd like to put up some semblance of a fight while I'm there.
look to see if there's a japan players thread on here. I know there's one for Soul Calibur on 8wayrun so maybe there's one here too. I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
he was playing a lot last i saw him. and he has my copy of DOA so he can play the full game. but i dont know if he's playing anymore or not. anyone shoot him a message on facebook? i can ask if need be.

Yeah, man. Give him a shout. Get him to the tourney. We're gonna show that nation that CA brings it.

SoulTruth2013

What's up guys! I am new to this forum and site. I am SoulTruth2013 and I host VF tournaments. Sorry for those of you who wanted to come in July. Just that we weren't notified. Usually I post on virtuafighter.com and make a facebook event page for the tournaments. So, if some of you are interested for an August VF tournament, like this post and let me know. I will put all information on this page.

ModusPwnins

So games at P-lay this Saturday? I'll be there pretty early since I can only stay til about 6PM before I gotta go somewhere.
I'd like to sneak in some more practice and level up my Marie Rose before I head to Japan on 8/12 and put myself to the test.

Rubedood

Bit of a late notice, but the VF at UGC is happening tomorrow, and I'll be there. If anyone wants to bring a setup for DOA, I'll get in some games with you guys. I'm sure you'll want the practice for Cali Crush, right? ;)

-Might-2

Cali Crush is close to where i live but wont know for sure if i'll be able to go since i wont have my car to drive up there. I know this is asking too much but is anybody willing to carpool i can provide some gas money.

Vincent Rayne

Cali Crush is close to where i live but wont know for sure if i'll be able to go since i wont have my car to drive up there. I know this is asking too much but is anybody willing to carpool i can provide some gas money.
pm me the your address. if you're on the way to cali crush then i wouldn't mind picking you up.

Commmanda Panda

VIncent told me about your situation and said it would be a little inconvenient to pick you up from where he's coming from. So instead I may be able to pick you up since it will be somewhat on the way there. Let me know if you still need the assistance

ModusPwnins

So........gathering at my pad instead of P-lay this Friday or Saturday? I ask because my passenger side rear tire blew out this morning on my way to work so my car's out of commission temporarily.

I'll see what I can manage otherwise.

Last edited:

Commmanda Panda

I'm down to go but idk bout jay and chris
i try to get in contact with them

Edit: Chris is down to go and I'll talk to Jay later on. @-Might-2 Looks like we wont be going to P-lay this weekend. Instead we will be in Hacienda Heights which is much closer to Bell Gardens. @ModusPwnins we're gonna need an address for Saturday :D

Last edited:

ModusPwnins

Awesome, just let me know roughly when you guys will be here. I'll be out and about tire shopping and whatnot on Saturday morning, but I'll be home pretty much the rest of the day after about noon.

I recommend bringing a setup or two so we can all get more games in

Might check your PM, sent you my address as well as contact info if you need it for Saturday

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD