"The Sweetest Sting" Mila's Top 10 Moves

These threads are always useful especially for new (and old) players trying to learn their character for the first time.

List your top 10 Moves that you think are her best and why. I feel a variety of opinions will help everyone in shaping their playstyles a little better. I'll start.

TD - Mila's main staple, need I say more, can bypass all moves except low holds. 1000x more points for being able to cancel, adding in amazing mind game and mix up potential. If you're not making use of her takedown, than go home. SST is wonderful.

1P - My favorite high/mid crush. Puts you at +20 frame advantage on CH and is a good combo/CB starter. I throw this in a lot while canceling my takedown for mixups. SS TH > 1P (or 2P) OR SSTH into SS T again = $$$

4k - Safe and also a good poke to use for spacing. Probably is my favorite TD transition as well. -3 on block!

66P - Puts you at +12 advantage when on block and a guaranteed P or K when facing a wall. Has a strong pushback when you want your opponent to get out of your face. Turtles Beware.

PK - +11 on NH and good stun to add for setting up CB's. Safe on block and good for maintaining offense.

P6PP - This move is good for stunning but where it truly shines is being a reliable juggle. I use this in about 99.9% for combos and never fails.

6T - Just like Master Chiefs throw in the last game except without any follow up. It's useful for resets and setup for a takedown if they block.

2T - Dat extra damage while there on the ground <3. It's satisfying as **** when it lands.

4H+K - Stuns on NH and has ridiculous range. Use this when you want to whiff punish or when you want to get a combo going.

SSP - For me this is my favorite move out of the entire movelist, safe and I use it the most for setting up combos and tricking my opponent to counter for a high damage counter throw.

Jefffcore

I would put K(P) as oppose to PK because the K after P can be blocked on NH and CH. K is also guaranteed after 6T, PK isn't.

Tokkosho

i also love takedown and SSP, i do SSP-3KK-CB-6 H+K- 3PP- 5P6P6P.
almost half a bar worth of damage. my favorite combo
3pp is also amazing. great in tag and an awesome ground bounce
put 3 instead of 6 >.< oopsies

synce

That 3h+k is beautiful. If blocked you can just ss td like nothing even happened. She's got so many things going for her... haven't really looked into the other characters to compare but if they're not on this level I can see TN whipping out the nerf bat. And they'll probably buff Ryu while they're at it ;p

Mila

Anyone here have issues against Tina? Man... fighting her with another grappler is intense.

WorldWithoutWords

TD canceled into p is a 7 frame mid. Win. srsly. Also if you abuse TD you're just going to get low thrown all day long unless you mix up the cancels heh.

Mila

That 3h+k is beautiful. If blocked you can just ss td like nothing even happened. She's got so many things going for her... haven't really looked into the other characters to compare but if they're not on this level I can see TN whipping out the nerf bat. And they'll probably buff Ryu while they're at it ;p

Really? I'd think Rig is more likely to get a nerf.

WorldWithoutWords

Sorry Phishfood I was talking about milas take down. Also as far as I know 3F+K is nothing special, it's just -4 on guard, yeah it's safe but that doesn't really make it really great in any way, heh.

Tokkosho

^^ you get a guaranteed ground grab off of it when/if it hits, making it very useful when people are rushing at you and they have the health advantage or when they're low on health

WorldWithoutWords

If they're rushing you then they're probably using quick attacks like jabs, etc. since 3F+K is slow you'll probably end up being jabbed in mid air hence free juggle for them. Also I didn't know you could get a free grab if it hits, can't the opponent tech roll?

Tokkosho

i mean when your spaced out and they're running at you, and they can't fast enuff, not from my experience at least

synce

I actually use it to close the distance against turtlers along with 66p. Both set you up for takedown. 3h+k is also great against Helena and Brad

WorldWithoutWords

Hmm, it seems 4F+K is safe despite being -7, even at point blank it pushes back far enough that normal 7 frame grabs can't reach to punish but some characters like Mila,Lisa,etc. seem to have really long 6F+P's...

SkatanMilla

TD - no explanation needed
6P - Fastest mid, 6PK is safe on block
3F+K - Most reliable whiffpunisher that leads to damage
2P - Fast low, +1 on hit, high crush
1P - Slow but gives enough advantage to land 6P afterwards on normal hit
SST - Extremely strong in situations where you are -4 and you fuzzy guard into this
4K - Long range, cancels into td, -3 on block, ch 4K~TDC~K combos from far away
66P - +12 on block, extremely good against walls since you can land P6P6P or KP afterwards for a wall splat
6T - Guaranteed K afterwards, extremely strong against walls and will lead into 100+ dmg combos when you wall splat
66K - Mother f***ing Bass Kick

WorldWithoutWords

9p vs 3F+K, thoughts anyone? Both are pretty similar and guarantee ground throws.

9p: 28 frames, enters 'jumping attack' state slower than 3F+K, -3 on Guard, 28 damage on normal, Seems slightly longer range, guarantees low throw.

3F+K: 23 frames, -4 on Guard, 25 damage on normal, guarantees low throw.

9p is slightly slower but you get a little bit more damage, a little bit more range and 1 frame less recovery if guarded.

WorldWithoutWords

Hey Skatan, I was playing around in training mode and it seems that 3F+K is counterable whereas 9P forces the counter to side step leaving you only at -5 apparently. I think thats a big point for 9p isn't it? I guess for Whiff punishing though the faster the better.

Jefffcore

I don't think 9p actually "guarantees" a ground throw.

9P is also safe on whiff, and can't be held.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD