"The Sweetest Sting" Mila's Top 10 Moves

shinryu

Careful with 1p+k. Fast stagger escape gets you down to +17 so CB isn't guaranteed. It's one of those stuns where 9k is actually the best you can do for launch. You can easily extend with 3p or 4k though if it's early enough in the combo.

Jefffcore

No 9k! The point of 1P+K is to crush and start a stun, not end it. If someone wants a CB there last stuns should be 3p, P, or 6p.

9k as a last resort at the end of a match.

shinryu

That's what I said, yeah. If you open with 1p+k you have to stun extend or 9k. Those are your only options. Aside from 7k that's true for almost all her starters.

JusTheBest29

I know I'm late here... very late... but I want to share my list of Mila's top ten moves in no specific order in 5U. So here it is.

66T
...I don't think I need to explain why

Highest priority launcher with the best launch height and damage.

14 frame mid kick that is her her best way to transition into a takedown grab imo and can
go into a tackle feint for mixups.

66P
Probably her best guard break(now that 7K is nerfed) and guarantees a P in the corner.

6T
Best punishing grab she has imo. Despite
the nerf this got its still pretty useful.
Guarantees a K normally and 8PP in the
corner.

4PP
16 frame high punch to mid punch chain
which stuns on natural hit. Can cancel into a takedown feint for mixups.

3PP
One of the best moves to use in stun or as a counter hit. Sit-down stun. Has many options to follow up with.

6P
Fastest mid punch she has. Nice to use as a counter hit to enter your opponent into a stun.

1H+K
There might not be much use for this move by itself but using this move in a chain
containing it can be really useful. It makes up for what 2K can't do. And it can cancel into a takedown grab.

Like 66P it is a guard break with a good postive advantage. When used in a stun under certain circumstances it gives a guaranteed CB.

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
6T
corner. But misses on certain characters.
Against the wall 8PP will hit all opponents (it was pre nerf that it hit certain characters and after the nerf that K missed certain characters. Currently is as follows). Neutral K will hit only if the opponent is on equal ground or on a slope higher than Mila is standing on (but will always hit in those cases), if the opponent is on any lower ground K will miss.

JusTheBest29

[QU264, post: 181002, member: 2730"]Against the wall 8PP will hit all opponents (it was pre nerf that it hit certain characters and after the nerf that K missed certain characters. Currently is as follows). Neutral K will hit only if the opponent is on equal ground or on a slope higher than Mila is standing on (but
will always hit in those cases), if the opponent is on any lower ground K will miss.[/QUOTE]
I was talking about the K missing on certain characters, my bad should have elaborated on that. But from my
experiences, it misses on Lisa and Tina and there is a thread that talks about it missing on certain characters despite the stage being even-leveled or on ground above her.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
That was before the 1.05 fix. I just now verified. I can get you video proof if you'd like.

I did it anyway. This first one is your La Mariposa thing.

Tina was a known issue with the nerf.

I may not play Mila as much as much as I used to/as the rest of the people who come here often but trust me, it has been fixed. It's based on where her forward foot is after the throw. You'll see coming off the steps that Mila's 6T K hits, her forward foot was on even ground.

Last edited:

JusTheBest29

That was before the 1.05 fix. I just now verified. I can get you video proof if you'd like.

I did it anyway. This first one is your La Mariposa thing.

Tina was a known issue with the nerf.

I may not play Mila as much as much as I used to/as the rest of the people who come here often but trust me, it has been fixed. It's based on where her forward foot is after the throw. You'll see coming off the steps that Mila's 6T K hits, her forward foot was on even ground.
Guess I was wrong then. I'll go edit that part of the post. Thanks for correcting me about it.

synce

I know I'm late here... very late... but I want to share my list of Mila's top ten moves in no specific order in 5U. So here it is.

66T
...I don't think I need to explain why

Highest priority launcher with the best launch height and damage.

14 frame mid kick that is her her best way to transition into a takedown grab imo and can
go into a tackle feint for mixups.

66P
Probably her best guard break(now that 7K is nerfed) and guarantees a P in the corner.

6T
corner.

4PP
16 frame high punch to mid punch chain
which stuns on natural hit. Can cancel into a takedown feint for mixups.

3PP
One of the best moves to use in stun or as a counter hit. Sit-down stun. Has many options to follow up with.

6P
Fastest mid punch she has. Nice to use as a counter hit to enter your opponent into a stun.

1H+K
There might not be much use for this move by itself but using this move in a chain
containing it can be really useful. It makes up for what 2K can't do. And it can cancel into a takedown grab.

Like 66P it is a guard break with a good postive advantage. When used in a stun under certain circumstances it gives a guaranteed CB.

I agree with all of these except 4PP (slow high into useless feint), 3PP (easy to hold), and maybe 66T. Takedown is so slow it's too risky to do outside of stun, at which point you might as well launch and use 2T as ender

JusTheBest29

I agree with all of these except 4PP (slow high into useless feint), 3PP (easy to hold), and maybe 66T. Takedown is so slow it's too risky to do outside of stun, at which point you might as well launch and use 2T as ender
I use 4PP as my main stun starter and if the 4P hits on counter the feint can go into a 2P or K for a quick launch from said feint. I agree with 3PP being easy to hold but as on counter its just an amazing move imo. As for 66T again I agree with you as it is slow. I believe that if it is used at the right times and use a move (like 4K) to cancel into it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD