This move is ridiculous...

Goro Hazuki

Lol yeah the launch height is amazing on the jf knee. The training dummy is probably set on counter hit though. Also, this can be done in VF5FS near the wall ;)

Six more hours, and I get this game. Pity I have some much work to do this week.

Rubedood

It still launches pretty high on normal hit too.

I've found some technique on the 1f knee to do it more consistently. I hope it will work in the long run.

Goro Hazuki

It indeed does. It's my favorite launcher for Akira. On counter or stun, you can easily get a threshold launch with it! :) It's also great mid juggle to keep opponents "up there". It gives good frame advantage on block and it connects well with Akira's sit-down stuns.

Chaos

I can't wait to get my copy this afternoon and try the just knee move myself. I was thinking of some combo strins I had in mind
but I hope it works. lol

Extra

Counterhit launcher. I can only get 2 knees off of a normal hit :)

Knee, Knee, DLC = 57 damage off of a normal hit. He could get a lot more damage off of a nh knee in VF5FS.

Knee vs Youhou (33P):

So far, his Youhou launches a little higher on normal hit. You can connect a 6KP off of a Youhou but not a knee. I haven't played around with combos too much to see what followups are best yet, but so far I don't seem to get anything off of a 6KP. But this much I know: off of a normal hit Youhou you can do knee (it actually relaunches them a little bit), P, DLC for 60 damage. Off of a knee launcher and a second knee, you cannot connect a P, hence 57 damage stated above.

Both moves are 18 frames on start up (knee has a slightly better frames on block, -13 frames vs youhou's -15, but both are still VERY punishable in DOA world). This is a big nerf to the knee. I'm pretty sure in VF the knee is 17 frames vs Youhou's 18 frames on startup, so it has both faster startup and better frames on block, hence making it an overall better move than Youhou. But with the same startup and both being punishable, I just don't know anymore.
And then there's the fact that Youhou also has a longer range than knee, which means if you are building up stuns with moves and pushing opponent farther away from you, Youhou has a slightly better chance of connecting than knee.

I'll post more if I find anything.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD