Tilting and all things rage 101

UmbxCrisisx

We all do it and we don't want to admit it. But how do we deal with it. How do we even know we're doing it ourselves in the first place?
Urban Dictionary:
Tilting
When your so pissed off from losing multiple amount of games that you play worse and worse till your so pissed you begin leaning over your keyboard screaming over every little mistake you make and complaining about gaming imbalances

Tilting is very common amongst my friends and myself and I'm here to say you're not alone. I get stuck all the time not wanting to stop that i don't realize I've just lost 10000gp simply because i wouldn't take a break. So i started doing little breaks in between matches that i was shaky or lost and just breath and thing about how i played. This is especially useful when the opponent picks Brad Wong. Chewing gum or eating snacks also helps simply because when you eat or even chew gum your body becomes relaxed due it being ready to consume and you bring in a safe environment. Share your guys experiences and tips to break tilts.

* Excuse any typos pls*

WAZAAAAA

just need to keep in mind that focusing your energies on the match is a better and more rewarding way to spend them compared to being butthurt

Reactions: Kyo

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Going on tilt used to be battle doctrine for me. Of course, back in the day, I would spar with Lopedo and our entire strategy for winning was to play as bad as possible to the point it messed up the enemies ability to think straight. So that doctrine worked well.

I think my news ways are more consistent, though. Patience is key.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't think I've ever experienced a "tilt", mainly because when I'm about to fight I automatically assume I'm gonna lose and get fucked up, so that if I DO lose it won't be a surprise. I do get fustrated and will occasionally just play recklessly if the opponent is doing something annoying, like if I'm fighting an Ayane and I keep getting hit in lag, I'll just start to mash PPPPP and throw out a whole bunch of moves in anger, and sometimes I'll go overboard and accidentally corpse beat my opponent once since I'm literally seeing red....I fucking hate losing because of lag. XD

So basically to avoid tilt I just use the "I'm gonna lose anyway" mindset so that if I do lose, it's whatever and if I do win, I can be like Hitomi and be all like "HEY! I won!". I also have no honor system either, so I don't get annoyed if the opponent spams since I blame it on myself for not stopping them, plus I'm petty, if you spam me in lag, you better not hope I'm using Kasumi or Naotora because I'll just start PPPPP or KKKKKKKK/6KKKKKKK and stop mid string and throw and rinse and repeat until the match is over. I also find eating as a good way to avoid it too, I'm already stressed playing online but eating a snack or something helps me unwind and focus clearly.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
I used to play on tilt a lot back in the days of KOF98 GGPO many years back but now I know better.

UmbxCrisisx

I don't think I've ever experienced a "tilt", mainly because when I'm about to fight I automatically assume I'm gonna lose and get fucked up, so that if I DO lose it won't be a surprise. I do get fustrated and will occasionally just play recklessly if the opponent is doing something annoying, like if I'm fighting an Ayane and I keep getting hit in lag, I'll just start to mash PPPPP and throw out a whole bunch of moves in anger, and sometimes I'll go overboard and accidentally corpse beat my opponent once since I'm literally seeing red....I fucking hate losing because of lag. XD

So basically to avoid tilt I just use the "I'm gonna lose anyway" mindset so that if I do lose, it's whatever and if I do win, I can be like Hitomi and be all like "HEY! I won!". I also have no honor system either, so I don't get annoyed if the opponent spams since I blame it on myself for not stopping them, plus I'm petty, if you spam me in lag, you better not hope I'm using Kasumi or Naotora because I'll just start PPPPP or KKKKKKKK/6KKKKKKK and stop mid string and throw and rinse and repeat until the match is over. I also find eating as a good way to avoid it too, I'm already stressed playing online but eating a snack or something helps me unwind and focus clearly.
For me it's not so much getting frustrated. What happens a lot is beat the usual gamertags or psn id, but then i get beat up pretty good etc. Hold spammers that keep going from high, mid to low hold spam and punch grabbers get me in a tilt. Also ppl that win once and leave without accepting your ft5 get me to rage. Switching of rachel to momiji or tina also helps me out.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
For me it's not so much getting frustrated. What happens a lot is beat the usual gamertags or psn id, but then i get beat up pretty good etc. Hold spammers that keep going from high, mid to low hold spam and punch grabbers get me in a tilt. Also ppl that win once and leave without accepting your ft5 get me to rage. Switching of rachel to momiji or tina also helps me out.
I know ft5 can be fustrating, that's why I don't do them, or is that just any general session?? XD I usually switch who I use depending on whom I'm fighting, like if it's a slow character I use my OG main Kasumi but if it's someone with bad range who can't move in well I use Naotora so I can crush/zone them out, I don't use Phase online unless it's 4-5 bars, Ein I PLANNED on using in a mirror match but the person I wanted to do it with is apparently not online anymore so I haven't used him in a while. Mai i use for a bit of zoning and space, and IDK about Eliot...I took him online once and ALMOST won but a Mila player beat me so I'm not taking him online till i feel I'm ready. Marie Rose I haven't used in a while either.

And I hate hold spammers but then again I'm pretty reactive to holds so if they throw one out I punish if I see the opportunity, it's only in lag that I usually get angry/feel like I'm playing worse and my hands get all sweaty and I lose the interest to play since I feel like I'm playing like trash.

UmbxCrisisx

I know ft5 can be fustrating, that's why I don't do them, or is that just any general session?? XD I usually switch who I use depending on whom I'm fighting, like if it's a slow character I use my OG main Kasumi but if it's someone with bad range who can't move in well I use Naotora so I can crush/zone them out, I don't use Phase online unless it's 4-5 bars, Ein I PLANNED on using in a mirror match but the person I wanted to do it with is apparently not online anymore so I haven't used him in a while. Mai i use for a bit of zoning and space, and IDK about Eliot...I took him online once and ALMOST won but a Mila player beat me so I'm not taking him online till i feel I'm ready. Marie Rose I haven't used in a while either.

And I hate hold spammers but then again I'm pretty reactive to holds so if they throw one out I punish if I see the opportunity, it's only in lag that I usually get angry/feel like I'm playing worse and my hands get all sweaty and I lose the interest to play since I feel like I'm playing like trash.
Hold spammers that alternate between crouching and standing holds are my weakness. They get me to pull my hair out.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hold spammers that alternate between crouching and standing holds are my weakness. They get me to pull my hair out.
I fucking know right?? I hate that, especially those who low hold our of stun, I also hate when they suddenly won't hold when I'm actually ready to throw punish, like wow, did they suddenly decide to adapt? XD Thank god for mid kicks, alot of players seem to forget that exists

Awesmic

Standard Donor
So that's what they mean by tilt nowadays.

I always thought Tilt was this arcade chain I used to go to at the mall when I was a wee lad. Times have truly changed.

UmbxCrisisx

So that's what they mean by tilt nowadays.

I always thought Tilt was this arcade chain I used to go to at the mall when I was a wee lad. Times have truly changed.

Usually a term in video games (though it can really be used in any activity or hobby), tilt is an emotional state when doing the exact same thing activity over and over produces negative results. It's an emotional breakdown and fustration of your hard work not resulting in the success that you crave so desperately. When you or someone is in a tilt state of mind, the best thing to do is take a break from that activity and try not to think about it as much.

Or.

When your so pissed off from losing multiple amount of games that you play worse and worse till your so pissed you begin leaning over your keyboard screaming over every little mistake you make and complaining about gaming imbalances

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Usually a term in video games (though it can really be used in any activity or hobby), tilt is an emotional state when doing the exact same thing activity over and over produces negative results. It's an emotional breakdown and fustration of your hard work not resulting in the success that you crave so desperately. When you or someone is in a tilt state of mind, the best thing to do is take a break from that activity and try not to think about it as much.

Or.

I used to call that just having a bad day.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I dunno if this is the right thread, but how can anyone play online seriously? Nothing works legitimately lol.

UmbxCrisisx

I do because of no connections here. If i got lucky enough to know other doa players i would play offline. The only person i got is my brother and we prefer playing each other then online

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD