Tina's best moves

Rapham0n

They lost good properties from the first version of the game. The only thing she has is great damage output and some positive GB...

I'm actually starting to notice a trend in these games. Every time the developer brings out a new patch "weaker" characters (for lack of a better term) get nerfed even more while "stronger" (once again for lack of a better term) characters get buffed even more. Many times characters that got no complaints before get nerfed just because the developer wants to be funny. These guys seem to be completely insane and they are in charge of making the games we play. That's not good. With game developers it seems these days you are in the "cool crowd" if you hit everything with the nerf bat.

Koompbala

Nerfing is definitely a problem in all games not just fighters. I quit Battlefield because of the Nerfing in that game. There were a couple of guns that people complained they got nerfed fine. But they got nerf happy the first patch in 3 they nerfed attachments that no one complained about. Then they nerfed guns that no one complained about also. So fuckin lame it's just like Tina 2P didn't need to get nerfed nor did 2KK. 8P didn't need nerfing either keeping that would've made her unique. She still is unique because of her absurd throw damage. But really she's just like everyone else now just has good throw damage is all.

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
44P is still hella good. That's about it. If they made the knockback on hit from 2K a bit less, though, that would nice.

Rapham0n

Nerfing is definitely a problem in all games not just fighters. I quit Battlefield because of the Nerfing in that game. There were a couple of guns that people complained they got nerfed fine. But they got nerf happy the first patch in 3 they nerfed attachments that no one complained about. Then they nerfed guns that no one complained about also. So fuckin lame it's just like Tina 2P didn't need to get nerfed nor did 2KK. 8P didn't need nerfing either keeping that would've made her unique. She still is unique because of her absurd throw damage. But really she's just like everyone else now just has good throw damage is all.

THIS^

I quit playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer because BioWare and EA went completely nerf-crazy with the guns/skills/characters in that game. It got so bad after a while that they started handing out nerfs on a daily basis. :eek:

Anyway, from reading everyone's thoughts on DOA5U it sounds like Tina really got screwed in this game. So my question now is if it's still worth it to use Tina? Things sound really bad for her now.

RubinRoon

THIS^

I quit playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer because BioWare and EA went completely nerf-crazy with the guns/skills/characters in that game. It got so bad after a while that they started handing out nerfs on a daily basis. :eek:

Anyway, from reading everyone's thoughts on DOA5U it sounds like Tina really got screwed in this game. So my question now is if it's still worth it to use Tina? Things sound really bad for her now.

Sure you should. Tina is one the most fun and rewarding characters in the game, especially baecause I cant think of a character that can switch playstyles on a heartbeat like her.

Your gameplan changes according to your match up, which is rare in this game I think. Most characters are either zonig, stun launch, vortex etc. She is more like a jack of all trades, master of none. If you face someone like rachel/bass/brad and other slower chracters you can actually play her rushdown, due to 3(hold)p 12f pressure. That move is still godlike.

You can stun launch with her as well, if you dont like guessing, or guess your way to cb, which is also a good strategie, due to her brutal throws. If you throw every hold attempt, your opponent will be easier to predict and condition.

Yet you will still struggle a lot against the faster characters, naturally (grapplers syndrome)

RubinRoon

I mean you launch your opponent immediatly after the first stun, for example 66k > 33k then juggle. It lowers the risk of being held in the stun game in exchange for lower damage output, yet since Tina`s damage output is generally high, you still deal good damage with simple stuff like that.

Good stun > launch characters are also; Ein, Momichi or Ayane.

Lulu

I don't if people know this (or if its actually usefull) but if you perform Tina's forward (2 P+K) and then 64T... instead of getting the actual 64T you'l instead get her While Rising 64T I think the notation for that is (3)64T.
So uhm yeah.... I find this method gets me that specific throw more consistently. Like alot more consistently..... I still don't know how to weave it into an actual fight.... but that was a long time ago, I learned some new techniques since then and maybe now I can make more viable.

Koompbala

Yes this is known. The move puts her in crouch. She can put in the 64T without needing a crouch. This works with any move that does that. 2K, 1K, 2P, 1P, etc.

Lulu

Yes this is known. The move puts her in crouch. She can put in the 64T without needing a crouch. This works with any move that does that. 2K, 1K, 2P, 1P, etc.
Thanks thats actually very helpfull information.... :D
I'm also exploring Bound States (big and small).... what key moves and conditions should I be looking at ? Other than the obvious double 2P.

Koompbala

Thanks thats actually very helpfull information.... :D
I'm also exploring Bound States (big and small).... what key moves and conditions should I be looking at ? Other than the obvious double 2P.

I don't understand? The bound as in her 8P after a CB? A 2P sets up her FC 3P. So that's the other perk to using her 2P.

Lulu

I don't understand? The bound as in her 8P after a CB? A 2P sets up her FC 3P. So that's the other perk to using her 2P.
LoL.... yes 8P... my bad. I haven't used Tina since many months ago..... its 8P and P+K right....
But those are obvious, I saw one being performed while BT..... I think it was a Double 7K or just one H+K, both of which where followed up with 33K. I don't know if you can connect with the entite 33KP into a Ground Throw.
But not all double moves in Stun seem to leave opponents in the bound animation.... which was so small I actually didn't notice until I saw people connecting 33K with them.

Koompbala

LoL.... yes 8P... my bad. I haven't used Tina since many months ago..... its 8P and P+K right....
But those are obvious, I saw one being performed while BT..... I think it was a Double 7K or just one H+K, both of which where followed up with 33K. I don't know if you can connect with the entite 33KP into a Ground Throw.
But not all double moves in Stun seem to leave opponents in the bound animation.... which was so small I actually didn't notice until I saw people connecting 33K with them.

Her bounds suck all of them are bad. What I think your talking about is her 44PK. Which yeah I seen Tinas do 33KP after it. She can get more after 44PK though. She can get off her 6PPP+K on all weights. Check this vid out go to 27:25
yeah I know I'm shamelessly advertising myself. Anyway I pretty much do it at the start of the match. Would you be talking about that one? That's her only useful one. Also P+K is not a bound it's good but it's good for other things.

Lulu

Her bounds suck all of them are bad. What I think your talking about is her 44PK. Which yeah I seen Tinas do 33KP after it. She can get more after 44PK though. She can get off her 6PPP+K on all weights. Check this vid out go to 27:25
yeah I know I'm shamelessly advertising myself. Anyway I pretty much do it at the start of the match. Would you be talking about that one? That's her only useful one. Also P+K is not a bound it's good but it's good for other things.

That one is one of them and gosh darn it I can't execute it (Physically speaking)... I'm actually in the Dojo right now and theres another one, BT H+K on normal hit bounds nicely for 33KP..... unfortunately I can't end it with a ground throw.
Mila actually has great bounding options....

Update: alright so with Recovery off it turns out you can follow 2KP (on stun) with something minor like a Force Tech.... the only signifcant move I was able to connect with was her 33KP.
And heres a nice one, you can perform her Eagle Kick (InActive Power Launcher) and chase after it and you should just manage a 66PPK.... thats the most I could manage.
I tried chasing after her Double BT 7K but I couldn't reach it with a single move....
I'l turn on the recovery and see just how much I can get away wiTh.
Update 2:
With Recovery on you get absolutely nothing. That Sucks.... only her BT H+K gaurantees a 33KP.... and the obvious Double 8P.
4PP (P) has fantastic bounce properties but no matter how hard I chase theres not a single tiny move I can reach with it. :( it was probably designed just for tag.

Last edited:

Koompbala

That one is one of them and gosh darn it I can't execute it (Physically speaking)... I'm actually in the Dojo right now and theres another one, BT H+K on normal hit bounds nicely for 33KP..... unfortunately I can't end it with a ground throw.
Mila actually has great bounding options....

Update: alright so with Recovery off it turns out you can follow 2KP (on stun) with something minor like a Force Tech.... the only signifcant move I was able to connect with was her 33KP.
And heres a nice one, you can perform her Eagle Kick (InActive Power Launcher) and chase after it and you should just manage a 66PPK.... thats the most I could manage.
I tried chasing after her Double BT 7K but I couldn't reach it with a single move....
I'l turn on the recovery and see just how much I can get away wiTh.
Update 2:
With Recovery on you get absolutely nothing. That Sucks.... only her BT H+K gaurantees a 33KP.... and the obvious Double 8P.
4PP (P) has fantastic bounce properties but no matter how hard I chase theres not a single tiny move I can reach with it. :( it was probably designed just for tag.

You're just focusing on niche things to be honest. She has amazing things about her dont worry about her PL so much. It sucks anyway outside of actually getting a launch off. Her 2KP is good it tracks and gives a lot of advantage if they tech

Lulu

I'm just trying to do right by my dear sweet Tina..... plus its fun exploring whats possible.

Lulu

Giant Swing is pretty good....
Its got crazy lock on properties, I guess the only thing stopping it from being over powered is the recovery on it reduces the range from which you can chase after the follow up Sit Down Stun, I don't know how good it is on a more lethal Danger Zone.

Koompbala

I hardly use Giant Swing it's not that great. I use to like it a lot, but that's not the only thing. It takes away from you by using it. Not only does it take away the guaranteed SDS after knocking the opponent into a partition. You can't use her vortex with it either. It's only good for when you're near cliffs and can only land 1 hit before the person falls. It's also good for getting that extra damage to close out a match.

Lulu

Thats a shame..... I'm trying to use it the same way I use Mila's mount..... if I'm at the bottom of an incline then I'l use Giant swing.

Trying to be more aware of my surroundings.

Which brings me to another move I've been experimenting with: 236P.
Tina's got long recovery in her most powerful strikes..... 236P is no different but she is still traveling forward after it connects, I haven't tried it yet but theoretically speaking this move seems ideal for allowing me to be closer to the sit down stun after they crash into the Stage Hazards.

I also wana give a shout out to 2K..... the only kick of Tina's that doesn't slam the opponent into the all (not counting launchers) that I know of and in stun it doesn't lower the opponents profile the same way 1P and 1K does.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD