Tina's downgrabs

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
Alright. Can someone explain this for me? Online, I can sometimes execute up to 4 or more downthrows in a row on people (sometimes more), but I always thought I was able to do this due to a combination of lag and my opponent not teching to escaping or something.

That being said, I'm usually not able to do it vs skilled players for whatever reason (it's part of the mystery to me), and I've never had a single person do it to me (only up to 2 down throws). Now, I came across one player complaining that this was most certainly a "glitch" that TN is going to be patching in the next update. Any news on that?

Now before anyone gets on my ass for using a super broken zomg "exploitable glitch," let it be known that I adopt a play to win philosophy, and I don't care about "turtling," "throwing too much," "spamming," (whatever that shi is lmao) or any of that dumbass shit. Even exploits, which can be totally fine/fair game despite how cheesy they may seem, but anyways, to my knowledge, I had no idea about it. I just assumed it was escapable but people didn't know how to get out of it.

Should I stop "abusing" such a tactic and is there any sauce on this as a "glitch" that's going to be patched?

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Glitch? It just seem like it happens online in lag to me.(or someone lack of tech rolling?).

Doa_Eater

It's definitely a glitch, tried it couple of times and it is completely random regardless or surroundings or arena, she does it whenever she wants to and you can really keep it going for as long as you want. I don't advise any Tina players doing that to others.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
I
It's definitely a glitch, tried it couple of times and it is completely random regardless or surroundings or arena, she does it whenever she wants to and you can really keep it going for as long as you want. I don't advise any Tina players doing that to others.

Are you sure it's completely random? How and why would devs do that? Like, I thought sometimes it might of depended on certain environmental things like tight corners or something. I also want to add that sometimes I can get a "high counter" down grab after like the 3rd or 4th pick up which is weird.

Whether they fix it or not I'm still gonna play Tina, and I'm going to play to win. If it's random it isn't anything guaranteed, and going for as long as you want is false, otherwise I'd do it until the end of their life bars, but that's not possible.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It can happen online or offline, and since it's practically an infinite I would expect it to be patched out with the other stuff.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
It can happen online or offline, and since it's practically an infinite I would expect it to be patched out with the other stuff.

I hope they do patch it so people can stop bitching to me. I fought another Tina player and after slamming him 4 times, he tried to do it to me, but I just got up way to quick for him to do it. I don't think it's random because players rarely can ever do it to me, but then again I haven't really sat down and tested everything because I've just been too busy playing the actual game.

Chaos

No, you shouldn't stop..abuse Tina's downthrows, piss people off, make them cry out of anger! lol

Just kidding XD

Renarism

I hope they do patch it so people can stop bitching to me. I fought another Tina player and after slamming him 4 times, he tried to do it to me, but I just got up way to quick for him to do it. I don't think it's random because players rarely can ever do it to me, but then again I haven't really sat down and tested everything because I've just been too busy playing the actual game.

No. You can't "get up way to quickly" -- Tina is supposed to get two guaranteed ground grabs from a critical hit. One from a regular hit. If you are in desperation to win a match and are going to attempt to ground slam someone until their health is depleted then it shows you must not know how to use Tina very well -- or at all for that matter.

Only go for guarantees. Don't abuse a glitch in the game and say "hey it's in the game, it can't be a glitch, so it must be ok for me to use"

Django

this is not an infinite or "glitch" u just have to get up / recover kick on the 1st frame
people just aren't get up fast enough, it just online lag tactics.
and no Tina is not guaranteed 2 ground grabs from a critical hit/counter hit of any kind.

this was after long testing with 2 Human players

TRI Mike

I'm constantly getting two ground throws each time I slam them with a CH or HCH. No more than that. She shouldn't lose this ability because it's one of her best tools right now. Bayman only gets one every time but his damage is better than Tina, so being able to use two in a row with her is a plus.

Django

I'm constantly getting two ground throws each time I slam them with a CH or HCH. No more than that. She shouldn't lose this ability because it's one of her best tools right now. Bayman only gets one every time but his damage is better than Tina, so being able to use two in a row with her is a plus.

am using Turbo holding :K: or :h: and it never hit 2 in a row
i get hit or they get up to fast

ProvesaDark

I know this has nothing to do with Tina's downgrabs but I'm new with her and I'm doing pretty well online using her but one problem I have is people breaking the 2nd part of my grabs. What am I doing wrong?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
You're hitting H+P too late. You may not be buffering the directions before the window.

From what I hear she's suppose to get it twice. The glitch is that she's able to get it more than that.

Django

From what I hear she's suppose to get it twice. The glitch is that she's able to get it more than that.
but she doesn't even get it twice so how she getting more.
all it is people aren't recovering on time, plus it "online" the ground throw is 7 frames and +5 after it hit, nothing changes on CH or HCH.

Raansu

but she doesn't even get it twice so how she getting more.
all it is people aren't recovering on time, plus it "online" the ground throw is 7 frames and +5 after it hit, nothing changes on CH or HCH.

It's not an online issue. It bugs out on certain terrain. I've been thrown by it like 5 times before and I couldn't tech roll at all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD