Tina's force tech game

Hikari-Senca

Nice job on all the information Shinryu. This is all very helpful and awesome. If you don't mind explaining, I have two questions to ask regarding force techs.

1. How do you get an advantage on whiff with her 8p? In your 6pp6k 8p example, I can get the +22, but when they tech I'm either at +0 or at - frames. Another example is your 66ppk 8p. Except with that one, I can only get 66pp but not the k to 8p. Am I doing these incorrectly?

2. How do you go about testing force techs in training? I usually just switch between having the settings to recovery on or off. Is there a better method or do I just have to record the dummy myself?

Thanks in advance.

Caster Shell

What are Tina's best options against someone who sidesteps after she force techs them? Any particular move? Maybe a good one that tracks?

PacManila

What are Tina's best options against someone who sidesteps after she force techs them? Any particular move? Maybe a good one that tracks?

Agreed with what Jason said. Throws are good against sidesteppers. If you force tech them with 8P, you'll have to dash first to connect a throw or use her 66T offensive hold. You can also use 1K since it tracks.

2. How do you go about testing force techs in training? I usually just switch between having the settings to recovery on or off. Is there a better method or do I just have to record the dummy myself?

I do the same with recovery settings, but I also tweak the block settings in com reaction so I can test certain moves on block if the opponent decides to be defensive after the tech.

TRI Mike

I remember Eater telling me that now the cool thing to do is to FT after making the opponent fall down but I still keep using ground throws like it's September 25th because it's guaranteed damage. I'd rather have that that force tech only to get held or beaten because Tina is a fat character.

Is force teching with Tina as good as with Helena¿

TRI Mike

After trying for a while, 8P does seem like a good option but I get scared at being held or SS after it. I like using 6H+K or 214P to keep using the FT on them and if they try to hold, I go for a throw but. Am I doing the right thing¿

TRI Mike

I usually go for the ground throw after a successful 4P+K, 6H+K or 214P. But now i'm switching to 8P to keep the advantage. What happens to me is that the ground throw gives me some guaranteed damage and I can just back dash to avoid the incoming wake up kick and start the neutral game again. FTing gives me + frames but almost no damage and the opponent has the opportunity to hold and then Tina is at a disadvantage.

The same happened to me with Helena, I use her FT always now but when I FT only to be held it gets annoying.

Koompbala

After trying for a while, 8P does seem like a good option but I get scared at being held or SS after it. I like using 6H+K or 214P to keep using the FT on them and if they try to hold, I go for a throw but. Am I doing the right thing¿

No, in order for you to be sure about doing things right. You got to understand why you're doing them in the first place. Force techs are good cause it keeps you in control. You stay on offense and Tinas vortex is great because of this. 214P is not good cause your opponent is too far away to take advantage of the already minimal advantage it gives you. You got to worry about being stepped or held after all FT's. Thing is there's less guessing in FT's than just letting the opponent hit the ground. If you think their gonna hold run throw. If they're gonna step again run throw.

A jab is the fast attack that characters have. That being said for the 10i jabbers I use her good ol 1P, 6H+K to FT. It sets me up to do another 6H+K, or I can dash J.O.Cyclone. For the 9i jabbers I use 8P anything I feel like afterwards. Again a Dash J.O.Cyclone, or any other attack I feel like. +22 is a whole lot of frames to works with.

Koompbala

^Ugh TapTalk is quoting wrong post again. No I never use her run throw unless I'm out of dashing distance. Dash distance your still able to do J.O.Cyclone. For whatever reason the buffer is less noticable when you dash rather than do a P, J.O.C.

Doa_Eater

^Ugh TapTalk is quoting wrong post again. No I never use her run throw unless I'm out of dashing distance. Dash distance your still able to do J.O.Cyclone. For whatever reason the buffer is less noticable when you dash rather than do a P, J.O.C.

Interesting, i'll try practicing the JO Cyclone.

Koompbala

Interesting, i'll try practicing the JO Cyclone.

Oh there it goes it will work for this one. I was waiting to post this stuff in my guide but fuck it. So after a 6H+K Force wake up that move puts you in FC sooo. All you gotta do from there is 66 4T and J.O.C comes out. The buffer system in this game is super lenient. For the 8P you can do 66 214T and get a J.O.C. You'll see what I mean when you do it enough. Sometimes you won't see a duck.

Doa_Eater

Oh there it goes it will work for this one. I was waiting to post this stuff in my guide but fuck it. So after a 6H+K Force wake up that move puts you in FC sooo. All you gotta do from there is 66 4T and J.O.C comes out. The buffer system in this game is super lenient. For the 8P you can do 66 214T and get a J.O.C. You'll see what I mean when you do it enough. Sometimes you won't see a duck.

This has been most useful, i kinda have more ease with a fast 634 but she does have good distance to grab without doing a crouch. Previously i used 334 from 6k+h going in a full crouch.

Koompbala

This has been most useful, i kinda have more ease with a fast 634 but she does have good distance to grab without doing a crouch. Previously i used 334 from 6k+h going in a full crouch.

I didn't think one downward input was good enough hence why I do 214. So use to doing 33 64T all the time. Its funny in the back of my head I know 6H+K puts you in crouch, but still used 33 at first too. I thought if I put in two motions. It would have the game cancel the crouch and her 64T would come out instead. Thats what I originally thought.

Doa_Eater

Still her tech is very environment dependent, kinda was the reason behind my fist question but good stuff nonetheless.

TRI Mike

Guys, the FT game seems to have been butchered. You might want to get into Twitter because I smell Tina getting nerfed.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD