Tina's needed improvements

TRI Mike

I think it's time for us Tina mainers to stand up for her and ask for the things she needs to be a better and more reliable grappler in DOA5U. Everyone give a list of the stuff you'd like to see on her in the new version.

- :6::6::K: as a sit-down stun.
- :6::P::P::P: and :1::K: giving her a ground throw.
- Shining Wizard should be an OH.
- All guard breaks being +.
- A few moves should leave her +1 or +2 when blocked.

What else¿

Koompbala

66K would be nice to sit down stun on CH not just on crouching CH.

1K is fine maybe make it one frame faster.

That P+K would be nice if it gave a ground throw. I'd rather have it completely safe again.

Its not like its uncommon for guard breaks to be negative. I can think of quite a few games that got negative GB's. When a GB is unsafe now I see that as stupid. Like her 236P shit is stupid that its unsafe. Bass' is 0 on block but hers it does 1 more dmg than his so it makes it okay to be unsafe hell no. So all her GB's are fine except for the unsafe ones just make them slightly negative at most.

She got good frame traps already.

My changes
I think her SS P should should have another + frame. So be +4 on hit would be nice.

I'd rather have her SS T an OH not her shinning wizard.

Make that damn 3PP faster. I've had so many people step the 2nd hit even though it track cause the first P is so slow. Maybe make it 16i cause 17i is too slow.

I want that free ground grab after her 4T wall grab again.

I'd like to have her 4K low crush like it did in 4 again.

Make 214P 9P+K instead its a reliable low crush be nice if it didn't take so long to do it.

Thats all I can think of.

TRI Mike

Both shining wizard and her SS throw should be OHs. BTW What do you use as frame traps with her¿

Koompbala

I gotta admit I'm not against buffs for Tina thats for sure. Its just that Lei Fang is the only one with a running OH. No other grappler has one. Tina go plenty of frame traps. Ones I use 46P, 4P+K is one depending on distance but doing it BT is always positive. 7K I do that on occasion it tracks and is +9. I have been able to do 8K also.

Doa_Eater

It needs to be OH so she can keep up mid range game pressure that she probably had gained from characters that 80% of the time will be faster then her.

Doa_Eater

There's something i've been wondering about fro quite some time now, also hearing different opinions from credible people and good players and since this is my first doa i guess it would be good on topic question here....

In which DOA game is Tina the best?

Doa_Eater

Not sure what my buddy Blitz has to say about that and his tourney second place Tina finish in 4! I'll ask him. He simply adores DOA4 Tina.

Koompbala

Mike answered it for me 2&4 crap. 3 Im not sure didnt't play it like that. I'm guessing it would be this game, or 3. 1 again didn't play it like that. One thing I'm positive on she was the safest chatacter in 4. That safety alone did not affect her tier placement though.

Koompbala

virtuaPAI would be the best person to answer that question.

Not sure what my buddy Blitz has to say about that and his tourney second place Tina finish in 4! I'll ask him. He simply adores DOA4 Tina.

Blitz? BlitzOmen? What tourney? Is this some no name tourney? I don't recall a Tina getting top 3. The best person I thought with her in 4 later became TaikouRC he was good with her. He played the defense game really well. Did everything right with her really. Before TaikouRC there were only 2 worth mentioning though. Can't remember their names though that's gonna bug me.

Koompbala Lisa has a running oh aswell

She's forgettable you're right though, she does have one. Is it out running too though? I don't know crap about her I thought it was only out of that running stance crap.

Doa_Eater

virtuaPAI would be the best person to answer that question.

Blitz? BlitzOmen? What tourney? Is this some no name tourney? I don't recall a Tina getting top 3. The best person I thought with her in 4 later became TaikouRC he was good with her. He played the defense game really well. Did everything right with her really. Before TaikouRC there were only 2 worth mentioning though. Can't remember their names though that's gonna bug me.

Yup that's the one, but loooooool, I so view tournaments like that also, if you are not from California, Texas or East Coast i dont care!

Koompbala

Yup that's the one, but loooooool, I so view tournaments like that also, if you are not from California, Texas or East Coast i dont care!

Oh Blitz I remember playing him in SCIV when I played SC I thought his name looked familiar. Tell Blitz congrats on that tourney win lol.

Doa_Eater

Anyway as a last close in from me before videos and betas of characters roll in the coming 3 months, what is most important for Tina in current state is to benefit from the overall gameplay mechanic. Power launchers is a step in the right direction as she doesn't have a ceiling hit and the stun just leaves you with infinite possibilities. And if only she could just be minus one frame execution on every move, well then.........

Yaguar

Personally I'd be screaming for giving her back 236T as a charge up OH. 6K giving a free level 1 and 66K giving a free level 2.

Blitz out, zooom!

phoenix1985gr

Anyway as a last close in from me before videos and betas of characters roll in the coming 3 months, what is most important for Tina in current state is to benefit from the overall gameplay mechanic. Power launchers is a step in the right direction as she doesn't have a ceiling hit and the stun just leaves you with infinite possibilities. And if only she could just be minus one frame execution on every move, well then.........

Well the power launch thingy is just a stupid addition in my opinion especially if they dont differentiate the hit level with the respective characters PB like make it a mid kick for tina or something other than mid punch, and it guard breaks with block advantage so you could mix it up from time to time with the PB or else its gonna end just an alternative on cb combos to look more flashy which isnt enough in my opinion to justify the addition

Koompbala

Hey the PL is a good edition to me for the first time ever Tina will be able to interact with the ceilings. I will have work to do as far as combos go. Especially if that new bound stays in the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD