Tina's taunt launcher

Doa_Eater

Need help with this move, it's been here since DOA1 and now can be used as a full fledged juggle variant in open/closed stance. What are some finishers that allow for the taunt to launch?

Doa_Eater

Could you give the notation so I may experiment with it?

Funny thing about, if you set it on macro taunt button, the input is back forward back, but pressing all 3 buttons together the input is forward back forward.

Also this is Tina's highest launcher.

Nuke-Nin

Funny thing about, if you set it on macro taunt button, the input is back forward back, but pressing all 3 buttons together the input is forward back forward.

Also this is Tina's highest launcher.
My friend just left with her copy of doa5 do you have a video link because I don't have doa5 anymore ; _;

Nuke-Nin

Not mine, this is Crazy Steady

Actually a friend who's more of a fighting game scientist will give an overview in this topic later.

That was hot actually... after the launch I would suggest 6PP6K :5: 41236T/T? that is my go to answer for an air juggle usually

Steady G

Yeah to set up with Tina's taunt launcher, I just use the set up 66K, PP, 66K then the taunt launcher. Usually I just use 9PK then roll to keep the pressure or you can do her giant swing air throw. But as of now, that's the only set up you can use to get that off. (66K)

EDIT: Here's the video of my Tina doing the set up. (Sorry for the quality)

EDIT #2: I believe you can do it after CB as well. It has to be timed accurately and sometimes the character's height can be affected as well. If you want to know anything else, feel free to let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuke-Nin

Yeah to set up with Tina's taunt launcher, I just use the set up 66K, PP, 66K then the taunt launcher. Usually I just use 9PK then roll to keep the pressure or you can do her giant swing air throw. But as of now, that's the only set up you can use to get that off. (66K)

EDIT: Here's the video of my Tina doing the set up. (Sorry for the quality)

EDIT #2: I believe you can do it after CB as well. It has to be timed accurately and sometimes the character's height can be affected as well. If you want to know anything else, feel free to let me know.
O-o woooowww

Steady G

Do you have any tips for doing it after a CB? I keep missing and it's surprisingly hard to do ||I usually stick to what you posted xD

Ill try to post a video up. It is very tricky to do. Give me a minute.

EDIT: Like I stated earlier, it depends on the height of the character. I tried to do it with Ayane, but no luck. I tried it with Brad Wong and it worked PERFECTLY! Video coming soon! :)

EDIT #2: Here's the video. You have to time it perfectly and make sure you are as close to your opponent as possible. In the process of trying it on "smaller" characters. Haha ;)

Steady G

Here are the list of characters that you can or cannot do the taunt launcher on.

☑ = yes
☒ = no
Characters:
☒ Kasumi :kasumi:
☑ Hayabusa :hayabusa:
☒ Eliot :eliot:
☑ Brad Wong:bradwong:
☒ Mila :mila:
☒ Tina :tina:
☒ Helena:helena:
☒ Lisa:lisa:
☒ Kokoro:kokoro:
☑ Akira:akira:
☒ Gen Fu:genfu:
☑ Bayman:bayman:
☒ Alpha 152:alpha152:
☑ Christie:christie:
☑ Sarah :sarah:
☑ Pai :pai:
☑ Rig:rig:
☑ Bass:bass:
☑ Jann Lee:jannlee:
☒ Lei Fang:leifang:
☑ Zack:zack:
☒ Hitomi:hitomi:
☒ Ayane :ayane:
☑ Hayate:hayate:

EDIT: I found something interesting. You can do the taunt launcher to ALL of the characters after Tina's 7PPP. Hm, check it out!

Doa_Eater

So i'm just messing in training, characters standing face to face as possible, the taunt wiffs completely, then i move Tina sideways to face the other character(it was Mila) sideway and it hits.

What's up with that?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD