Tomonobu Itagaki On Dead or Alive 5: “My Daughter Was Totally Ruined”

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
It's all the fucking greys and browns, yada, yada and the oil rig stages. Doesn't change the fact that DOA5 still looks visually more appealing compared to every other 3D fighter. Killer Instinct looks pretty good visually, but 2D games can only look so interesting being limited to a 2D plane with zero environmental interaction.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yeah, typical Itagaki. I gotta praise his tactics of initiating discussions amongst people.

That should stop most of the shitposting on online forums until LR is out.

But seriously, he needs to stay in Valhalla and finish Devil's third before it turns into another Duke Nukem Forever. I'd buy a copy just to keep him happy.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
He loves to bring up his daughter... his other ones have left him, and now he wants them back. The prodigal father.

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
What can you do Itagaki? Ask TN to stop making a good game? (I mean, doa5:u is not perfect, but I mean. its not like its piss poor game quality even if you don't "like" things in it)

lotr9690

11-TB4.gif

Kronin

Off Topic even if always related to the comments of Itagaki to the new Team NINJA:

A fan on his Facebook page posted few days ago the old news of Hayashi calling Bayonetta outdated and Itagaki answered with:

"I've told him before, you can't go around attacking people unless you have a good reason, like if they come at you first - if you've got time to run your mouth like that, use it to improve yourself as a game designer...

I tried to teach him this but I guess it didn't get through to him."

Honestly appear very ironical to hear these words just from Itagaki considering all his past harsh statements (even if he admitted that many comments anti tekken were more for creating an image rather than for a real rivalry).

Anyway for fairness has to be said that definitely NG3 and NG3RE didn't shine for innovation compared to the previous titles developed under Itagaki. In addition the message of the fan was accompanied from an offensive picture toward Hayashi that Itagaki commented later as "very pitiable"

Last edited:

CommanderWiggles

For one who respects Itagaki, until his full motive is explained, I am just remaining neutral. I saw aesthetic and mechanic improvement in DOA5, but the story and quality of DLC (didn't buy any because) was not something I was happy with, and I hope that was all he was talking about.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Off Topic even if always related to the comments of Itagaki to the new Team NINJA:

A fan on his Facebook page posted few days ago the old news of Hayashi calling Bayonetta outdated and Itagaki answered with:

"I've told him before, you can't go around attacking people unless you have a good reason, like if they come at you first - if you've got time to run your mouth like that, use it to improve yourself as a game designer...

I tried to teach him this but I guess it didn't get through to him."

Honestly appear a very ironical to hear these words just from Itagaki considering all his past (even if he admitted that many comments anti tekken were more for creating an image rather than for a real rivalry).

Anyway for fairness has to be said that definitely NG3 and NG3RE didn't shine for innovation compared to the previous titles developed under Itagaki. In addition the message of the fan was accompanied from an offensive picture toward Hayashi that Itagaki commented later as "very pitiable"

Itagaki, Kamiya and Hayashi need to take classes on how to shut the fuck up and make their games. Hayashi And Itagaki both have shitstains on their credit scores so they would be wise to stay in their lanes.

KokorosMaster

Standard Donor
By the time Itagaki does anything, this will be his fan base when they strike... Seriously, he just says.. ill do something. Like can we have an idea buddy? or are you just saying shit? I wanna hear it.. but he aint saying it.. convenient much?
tumblr_me3ud05PzT1ri41obo1_500.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD