Tougeki 2012

DrDogg

Is there really a 33/11 error when trying to sidestep, or are people just scrubs? Because pressing 22/88 should be the standard... like EVERY OTHER FIGHTING GAME.

When I try to use a 11 back dash or a 33 attack, it's not uncommon to get 22 instead. Because of this, I use 2_8HPK for my side step.

The difference between the universal side step in DOA5 and the side step feature in other games is that 22_88 in other games doesn't have more recovery frames than most attacks.

In other fighters, it's usually a movement that can be canceled at any time. If you want a 33 attack and accidentally do 22 during the input, the side step is just canceled into the 33 attack (if the side step comes out at all). In DOA5, you get the full side step animation (and all of the recovery that comes with it) as soon as it registers a 22_88 input.

That's one of the things I found most interesting about how Manny and Vanessa were playing at E3. They would Power Blow, then SS cancel... but that leaves you open to a free attack every single time. And since Manny and Vanessa were doing it, the other players started doing it as well. Not a single person was punished for it. ;)

Button configs are going to happen. Most people have their configs memorized and takes two seconds to set them up.

Not to mention the button config in DOA5 will be super fast because it's like HDR where you just go down a list of commands and press whatever button you want assigned to each command. I can do mine in 5 seconds or less.

That Ayane player who challenged Shimbori was actually pretty good!

...at DOA4. ;)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The Ayane player was Shimbori.

The announcer stated at the beginning of the fight that Shimbori chose Leifang.

Also, the Ayane player knew how to evade well with Ayane and utilize her back dashing. She's way too fast for me, I'm upset I dropped her. What makes her more difficult is that she has a lot of circular and semi-circular attacks which make it difficult to side step.

PhoenixVFIRE

The announcer stated at the beginning of the fight that Shimbori chose Leifang.

Also, the Ayane player knew how to evade well with Ayane and utilize her back dashing. She's way too fast for me, I'm upset I dropped her.
I noticed Lei Fang can constantly parry-*insert strike/throw*-parry-*insert strike/throw*-parry-*insert strike/throw*...That's gonna be a weird mix up LOL

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I noticed Lei Fang can constantly parry-*insert strike/throw*-parry-*insert strike/throw*-parry-*insert strike/throw*...That's gonna be a weird mix up LOL

She has a move that can go into her parry stance (sabaki?) that can go into the same move. I believe it's P+K, then 4 to go into parry, then P+K again to use the attack in parry. She only has like 4 options in that parry.

Batcommander

I take back what i said in an earlier thread about Lisa seeming slow. It was very very clear in those matches she is much sped up, and I am very excited about the new moves I spotted in those vids!

Can't wait to read the Lisa article tomorrow!

Xion

Do you have any example or video of what a sabaki move looks like? I read the description but i cant really visualize it.

Depends on what hes talking about, a parry is like Hitomi's
:9::h: . Its a counter hold that works on both high and mid punch. A sabaki is an attack that can reverse a move if timed correctly, like in the first few frames, like Kokoro's :7::P:

TRI Mike

For example in VF5FS Aoi can completely interrupt a move from her opponent with her sabaki. Which can be any strike (in Aoi's case she has a high punch, mid punch and low kick). They leave the opponent stunned and guarantee a full combo if timed right.

Fang had a couple in DOA4 but since the opponent could simply hold after the sabaki hit they were completely useless.

Chaos

They killed hayate and I dont like ryu's speed is down to 2 bars, wtf are they
doing 2 these fighters? Dumbing
them down?

This "tournament" was just a manifestation of what the online is going to be. A helluva bunch of Kasumi players who jack off to her instead of learning to play and lean 100% to the DOA4 style.

I can predict already that most of my online experience with the game will be exclusively with people here.
Hahahaha!!!! Sad but maybe true lol

When I get this game, im will spend my time mastering ALL CHARCTERS.

Anybody want 2 face me on doa 3ds?

qoodname

What if i told you that you can edit your previous post so you dont have to double-post/powerpost?
Btw, welcome to FSD ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD