Tougeki 2012

KoF06

The first DoA5 Tougeki is now finish !
There had around 20players and the tournament was won by Yu a famous player in Japan for his Christie and Ayane 's style.:christie:
The Tournament was fast but fun. ;) All players were very nice and cool ! Thanks to them I passed a great day !
Almost half of the players played Kasumi.:kasumi:
I don't know if you will can see the niconico video. But you will only see the top8 (I lost immediatly so no video of me :p )
In any case I upload the final on media section.

tougeki01.jpg

Before speaking about the game, I want to say the Tougeki wasn't a good event for me. To enter in the event it was around 5000yen. It was at Near Narita so add the transport around 2000yen. And all the event was outside... I have nothing to play outside. I like the fresh air and everything.... but we had almost all the day the sun in front of the screen and we couldn't play in dark stage or with dark costume. There are also the sand with the wind very disturbing. The staff tryed to put a darp but I think it was enough. There are other thing who made a bit upset but well it's out of DoA. just wanted to say for 70€ a day I wish a minimum.
The staff of Team Ninja worked very well and everybody was very nice.

tougeki02.jpg

Out of the tounrnament we could play the game in free play. So during like 10hours we tryed to see some stuff.
About "fun" things. I confirm glasses for Ayane but also for Kasumi and Tina. Probably for other girls too but I didn't see. You can change hair of Kasumi and Lei fang. You can remove the Christie's brassiere.
No new costume expect 2 other colors for Lei Fang's chinese dress (blue and white).
Probably other thing but I forget or didn't see.

About the system, I think "IGN's 12 Days of DOA5 " 's article is great. May be just the power blow you can use just one time.You can't hold during a guard break.
I didn't see in the article.
For charcters, I don't how shoul I do. I almost only train Hayate so I will speak about him in first::hayate:
:3::F+K::K::P: is back
:8_: :P: :Link::K:you can't delay the :K: like doa4
:6::P+K::Link::P:is +8 on block
:214::K: is +2
the rest you will need a wind effect to be safe.
DoA4's :7::P:is now :7::P+K:
the new technique :4::P+K::6::P+K: it's in reality "nothing". The command list is strange because the true command is :4:[:P+K:]:6: you have to still pushing :P+K:during the charge and you will not give a hit but you will do the new Hayate's dash of doa5.You can also cancel :4::P+K: if you push :4:during the charge.
It's look like you do a back dash and a dash. Not useless but the back dash isn't enough. Work 1 or 2 times.
I think it all the problem of Hayate. He just have nothing new and 0mix up. The new dash is cool but you can use it only on distance. It's not like the Kasumi's dash after a hit or something. Somebody with a little of reaction can break it with any middle.
Hayate is still strong with his :8::P: and the rest. But compare to all the cast he is too much basic.
He can make a lot of damage in combo but now almost all the cast of doa5 can do same. He still don't have any good low so you do :6::P:all the day and pray than the opponent forget Hayate use sometimes middle punch.
:8::P+K:look good but I didn't test it enought to say concrete things.
Well, Shimbori said he is enough strong. I may be miss somehting.
Probably made some mistakes and forget things.
If you have question I can try as I can to reply.

Thanks again to all players for good times. And Team ninja for give us the chance to test the game !

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Lot of people complaining about Tougeki this year. It's too bad really. Thanks for posting up about your experience, though. I'm sure more than a few people will be interested in the costume stuff you found since it hasn't really been discussed anywhere.

PhoenixVFIRE

Yes, as others said, thanks for sharing your experience and thank you the info! :D

QUESTION: You said, "No new costume expect 2 other colors for Lei Fang's Chinese dress (blue and white)."

So you mean they actually take up other costume slots and are NOT button inputs or maybe even a sub menu to choose different colors?

Xion

They're definitely going to use slots per costume. They don't differentiate between colors and different outfits altogether. If you were hoping for a unique outfit per slot im sorry. Still will be more than DOA4 for most characters.

PhoenixVFIRE

They're definitely going to use slots per costume. They don't differentiate between colors and different outfits altogether. If you were hoping for a unique outfit per slot im sorry. Still will be more than DOA4 for most characters.

True, I was already expecting this, but you never know, I could have been surprised lol.(were my thoughts) The reason I was thinking this was because, in reality, they are just color swaps and that's why I believe costumes that are color swaps should have a sub menu for different colors, while things like optional accessories would be button inputs when selecting.

Sagittarius

@Xion: I don't think so since KoF06 specifically mentioned that there were no new costumes being shown.
Things like braless Christie, jacketless Hitomi and Leifang's coloured qipaos will likely just be options for one costume, whether it be by button presses or something else.

Xion

Sagittarius I was not talking about the demo he played, I was talking about the retail game. and Im sorry color swaps are NOT likely to be button press alternates. Jacket free, and green jacket costumes for Hitomi were different slots in the alpha demo and the E3 demo. Thats just wishful thinking on your part despite having 5 prior DOA games that show a clear trend to how they handle these things. Accessories, and alternate hair styles or color with Hitomi are what they have alternate buttons for, not costume colors.

Sagittarius

Okay, so if we're pretending like we should use the past games as a reference point for everything, we all might as well cancel our pre-orders and walk away now.
I don't think that's a very intelligent model to follow.

If TeamNINJA can improve and innovate the game's mechanics, stages, and options....why can't they for the way costume select works? It's not "wishful thinking," it's logical thinking.

Xion

No its not logical thinking to expect them to revamp how they handle their costume select, despite being 2 months from release, and 3 public demo presentations in.

Sagittarius

For all you or I know, what's been shown now could be a mock-up specifically designed for the demos.
They've changed the game's mechanics extensively in two months between builds. You don't know what they can change in the next two months in regards to the costume select, or if they already have changed it or have another idea for a more/or the final build.
So please, drop the know-it-all act.
You don't know anything more than I do on this subject, and my opinion on how costume selection should be handled won't change.

End of argument.

Xion

OK hun, I respect that you believe it might change, and its true its always a possibility, just far far far from a likely one. If you want to be the only person surprised it has not changed when the game releases, you're welcome to that lonely club.

qoodname

The Christie player is playing DOA4 with walls, and the La Mariposa player doesn't really look like he has a grasp on the character yet... but still, new footage. Thanks to KoF for this.
Damn that Christie player went mental on these walls.

DR2K

Christie's wall game. Nor surprising considering she had her biggest damage output via wall combos in DOA4.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I wonder if the Christie player could've followed up with 4k2kpp on the second 6k rebound near the wall at the 0:21 mark.

Xion

Sounds like they had a pretty bad experience at the event. That has nothing to do with DOA tho

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD