Training/SParring

Intelligent Alpha

YEah.. there's a lot of mroe advanced mechanics i've yet to learn. Im not at all sure how to throw mid combo

Bass, Tina, Leon are wonderful for learning this! For these three, often they wait until the opponent is airborne, then hit :T:

Go to the character specific forums to find these strings!

i hate the combo challenges.. It doesn't give me credit for the one move even though i'm doing it properly.. and i can't figure out why

Timing issue perhaps! Just keep practicing!

Minatao

I figured it out, it was kasumi's Diagnol forward H+P into the one PP UBK F KK combo (Sorry not entirely sure how to properly input the diaganol movements here.)

Minatao

Yeah i noticed. I'm hopping online to do some arcade training and a few matches in stream. gonna see what happens.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
Don't get discouraged if you get wrecked.

Keep trying and keep coming back for more.

That's what i do XD

I get wrecked badly sometimes XD
Everybody does

Minatao

I did a little bit of combo training and picked up a basic juggle that iwanted to practice. Trying to see if i can work it into some of my basic atacks.

Minatao

There's a very basic one that leads into one of the teleporting attacks. The backflip kick into the teleport and a 2 hit combo after. It works well and can be strung into basic combos

Intelligent Alpha

I figured it out, it was kasumi's Diagnol forward H+P into the one PP UBK F KK combo (Sorry not entirely sure how to properly input the diaganol movements here.)

1 (Down + Back)
3 (Down + Forward)
7 (Up + Back)
9 (Up + Forward)

This would be flipped horizontally to note player 2's perspective:

1 ( ... + Forward)
3 ( ... + Back)
7 ( ... + Forward)
9 ( ... + Back)

Intelligent Alpha

Oh thank you :3 is there a full list somewhere for those so i don't look like a total idiot constantly asking what the numbers mean?

Yes, but if someone knows, it's simpler to tell people. No question is too dumb to answer.

Look at the number pad on your keyboard - this is how we get the directional numbers:

1 (Down + Back)
2 (Down)
3 Down + Forward)

The rest come easy

5 is not used; if you hear the term "neutral," that 5. Likewise, if you hear the term "normal," the direction is 5 or neutral (5T. 5P, 5K; just hit T, P or K)

Minatao

But yeah, i've been practicing kasumi's PP7 -> KK and PKK7 -> KK combos and the 1 P+H launch that opens that too

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
Keep practicing, it will seriously help

My goal is represent kasumi/honoka in tourneys

Phase 4 is a back up

Once your familiar with one character you try to learn another it may help during some match ups

Minatao

If you're interested OWW is having a tournament this weekend. $5 buys you a spot. Fights start at 10 AM PST. I just paid to fight, figured even if i lose i'll learn a lot.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
If you're interested OWW is having a tournament this weekend. $5 buys you a spot. Fights start at 10 AM PST. I just paid to fight, figured even if i lose i'll learn a lot.

I would if my arcade stick was here already XD

Plus i don't think i will be home this weekend anyways XD

Soaring Zero

Don't get discouraged if you get wrecked.

Keep trying and keep coming back for more.

That's what i do XD

I get wrecked badly sometimes XD
Everybody does

This is very good advice. I cannot stress this enough. It has seriously bummed me out sometimes when I get completely outplayed but you can't let it discourage you from trying. Just shake it off and keep practicing. Eventually you'll start to really see the improvement in your game.

Minatao

Well i played for a little bit with some of the folks at Online Warrior Weeklies during the stream, and played pretty damn well. I'm feeling a lot better about myself as a player now and I went and put the money forward to play in the tournament this weekend. There's a post about it in the tournament forums, i strongly urge anyone interested to come in and give me a proper fight. I like the idea that they have here and it would really make it an awesome time if i could see some solid fights going down.

TheRealCoxinator

It's not always a good idea to do the combo challenges in an actual match because they're very basic and a lot of people know what they do. Also if you add me and i'm actually on i'm your worst nightmare if you get held a lot.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD