Unlockables Thread/Questions/Answers

daman077c

All costumes for guys or some of the courses you haven't done in Survival.

That's what I'm doing. I'm going through and completing all of the time attack, survival and Arcade courses, and then I'm playing a litany of versus matches to get the Power Blow, Critical Burst and Cliffhanger titles. I'm about halfway there (I think I have close to 150 of the 300 needed right now).

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
This is how I got all my titles also I'll apologize now if my words are confusing or wrong, English is my 2nd language.

I played versus with a second controller by myself and I picked scramble stage with normal health, 1 round, unlimited time. Picked the same characters, used the player 2 controller to figure out a combo to finish with a power blow, did it with player 1 power blowing them into cliff hanger and did a grab. Did rematch did the same thing and choose to do a strike instead of a grab.

Doing these will give you these titles: the Newbie, Power Blow, Power Blow After Critical Burst, Cliff Hanger w/ Grab, Cliff Hanger w/ Strike title for each character which is a total of 110. You should get more titles for 100 Versus Matches, 100 Critical Bursts, 100 Power Blows, 100 Cliff Hangers, and a few other things.

For costumes, I did Rookie and Easy tag matches for both Arcade and Time Attack for every character. You will unlock 4 costumes total for that character few have more costumes but most have less. Note only the first character you pick will receive the costume and not both characters on your team. Reason I did tag matches is because its only 5 matches, 1 round, and less load times. This should give you 4 titles for both Arcade/Time Attack Tag get more for harder difficulty or solo mode.

So after this you should have at least 19 titles for getting all the costumes for almost all the characters (I excluded Tina, Lisa, and Christie's title because of the Legendary Difficulty Costumes). You will also get a few titles for doing a certain thing 100 times.

Playing the game automatically gives you 27 titles.
Doing command training for every character will get you 22 titles.
Story mode gives you 20 titles.
Story mode missions is a total of 62 titles.

Minimum Total Amount:
Versus Mode = 110
Arcade/Time Attack Tag = 4
Costume Titles = 19
Playing DOA5 = 27
Command Training = 22
Story Mode = 20
Story Missions = 62

Total 264 Titles Minimum
Please note that I did not include other titles like landing 100 (Power Blows, Critical Bursts, Taunts, etc.) which you should get from doing Versus mode or normally playing, playing a character 50+ times, playing Arcade/Time Attack on Solo or a higher difficulty, playing online, and winning matches.

netzpretz

Hey guys, sorry, I've been away for awhile. I'm going to update my first post with the typical unlock stuff people want to know

Edit: Okay, it's been updated. If you want anything else added to it, please let me know.

netzpretz

Can you unlock all male costumes on one difficulty alone or does it have to be on all difficulties?

Depending on how many costumes they have. You can do "rookie" for time attack, arcade solo and potentially tag (not sure if tag counts as a "different mode" compared to solo).

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
Depending on how many costumes they have. You can do "rookie" for time attack, arcade solo and potentially tag (not sure if tag counts as a "different mode" compared to solo).

Tag mode counts for costumes as well but you only receive a costume for the first character chosen and not both,

Ninja of Fate

guys just wanted to ask i did arcade mode on all diffuculties and didnt get the achevement for beating all the courses. do i have to do tag also......... :(

HakuKen

Can you unlock all male costumes on one difficulty alone or does it have to be on all difficulties?
I believe it has to be on difficulties. I unlocked Ryu's first costume on Rookie. Then I tried rookie again and didn't unlock it. Did it on Easy and unlocked his last costume.
This isn't really an unlockable, but does anyone know what changes when you select Kokoro's alternate hairstyle and Mila's R1 alternate hairstyle?

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
This isn't really an unlockable, but does anyone know what changes when you select Kokoro's alternate hairstyle and Mila's R1 alternate hairstyle?

The trigger buttons change either hairstyles or accessories. Not sure for Kokoro, but I know for Mila using the trigger takes off accessories like her towel or hat. Same thing happens with Lisa's mask, Tina's hats, Genfu's hats, etc..

HakuKen

The trigger buttons change either hairstyles or accessories. Not sure for Kokoro, but I know for Mila using the trigger takes off accessories like her towel or hat. Same thing happens with Lisa's mask, Tina's hats, Genfu's hats, etc..
I knew it changes stuff, but I didn't know what. Thanks for telling me about Mila though. =D Now I just need to figure out what changes for Kokoro. I love her new clothing form the free DLC, but want to take off the head piece. =[
If anyone figures it out tell me!

NikkySan

What happened to those bikinis (that aren't the DLC bunny or the rare ones for Tina, Christie and Lisa) for all of the females, i.e. Kasumi's pink one? Are they exclusive to the collector's edition?

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
What happened to those bikinis (that aren't the DLC bunny or the rare ones for Tina, Christie and Lisa) for all of the females, i.e. Kasumi's pink one? Are they exclusive to the collector's edition?
They are collector's exclusive and do not count towards the costume count for the achievement/trophy.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD