Video Capture [Is yours any good?]

Yaguar

So I've been looking at video captures cards for a while now (both internal and external) just wondering if anyone has a decent one that they would personally suggest?

So what do you have and most importantly would you suggest it or avoid it like the plague if you went to buy a new one?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I use a Hauppauge HD PVR (the gaming edition, though they're largely the same) and the quality is decent after you tweak some settings and edit with a proper video editing program. Sony Vegas is what I use and it's the most popular program of its type too. If you want a good read on the quality, check out my Youtube channel (TheOriginalCyberEvil). I would recommend it if you do not have a computer you can get an actual capture card in. That's my current project and once it's done I'll likely be going with a Black Magic so I can get HDMI.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It only goes up to 1080i. If you're going to go for something that's in that price range, go with something that can capture all currently supported resolutions.

Yaguar

Sounds like solid advice. I'll check out the Black Magic lot now though I remember from previous ventures into this territory it was pricey.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I actually been thinking about looking into getting one myself. I want to record stuff and tired of doing it ghettofied lol. How do capture cards work? Can you get one that you just hook to your laptop/pc instead of having to put it in? I know nothing about this stuff.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD