What are thoughts on a dedicated Tag Button?

Gill Hustle

Pre DOA4 tag throws were done via I believe :6::6:,:4::4:,:214:, and :236: :F+P+K:.

I was playing Tag yesterday and due to my SS being :F+P+K: sometimes I could tag unintentionally or SS when I didn't want to.

Also while :F+P: gives everyone a 5 frame Tag Throw, it only really benefits if you team has a special throw.

Since I'm currently using :ayane: and :mila: I'd forget and bring back in the character with lower health :confused:.

Since DOA at it's core is still a 3 button fighter I'd really like Tag to have a dedicated button. Considering people are looking into playing when DOA5U comes out, I figured I could try to get some support from you guys, mainly people that are already play TAG BATTLE.

Thought's?

Ghosty-J

Replace the Taunt button with a Tag button I say. Because having a Taunt button when there's already commands in place for such is a little redundant. Not to mention the VF cast's :H+P+K: inputs are butchered in favor of the Tag command. Also, as you said, it clashes with the Sidestep function for players that prefer that method over the double tap. Those two key points alone makes it better off if it were its own button.

Gultigargar

:H+P+K: being a button for multiple commands has screwed me over in tag more than a couple of times, so I definitely wouldn't mind a dedicated tag button.

The only real problem I could see with this is that the controller could run out of buttons to assign commands to, but then again, giving up the taunt-shortcut button isn't exactly a huge loss.

kazenouta

I don't know. I play tag a little but i want the taunt button XD (it's fun to use taunt sometimes XD and i don't want to remember all the button to make one) maybe they can add a button for tag throw but I like more if they let us choose if change the taunt button or not in the joypad button configuration.

Gill Hustle

Replace the Taunt button with a Tag button I say. Because having a Taunt button when there's already commands in place for such is a little redundant. Not to mention the VF cast's :H+P+K: inputs are butchered in favor of the Tag command. Also, as you said, it clashes with the Sidestep function for players that prefer that method over the double tap. Those two key points alone makes it better off if it were its own button.

Yeah part of the reason I just dropped Sarah altogether was due to her moveset being changed to play DOA and just the fact it wasn't Sarah I knew.

Cool beans come on guys add more to the discussion!

Gill Hustle

Also there are times when I just would like the 5 frame neutral throw to hard knockdown and Tag in a down attack.

I'm hearing that life regen has been adjusted and I'd prefer being able to do so at my choosing as opposed to tagging in a team mate just to tag em out again cuz their life is low, as it messes up the flow and just looks scrubby as hell imo.

Jacnob

I'd rather it be context sensitive.

Singles = Taunt
Doubles = Tag out

I don't think it'd be to difficult to code such a thing would it?

werewolfgold

I for one never liked the tag throw change. What if I wanted to use that default throw? If I wanna tag throw, I'll put in the command kthxbai.

And, yes, I agree that having F+P+K with so many functions is kind of a recipe for disaster. They claim to be focusing on the tag more more, so maybe they'd be open to this in a Twitter suggestion or something.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD