What do you look for in a fighting game?

Sambo Swag

Just curious! There's no wrong answer, just say a couple traits that appeal to you and why.

For example, I prefer fighting games that have reasonable execution, which to me means something like not requiring one frame links all the time. I enjoy and respect USF4, but I don't have the time or the will to grind out a combo for 1/60th of a second accuracy.

I also like games that have a diverse range of strong personalities. I love Virtua Fighter, but I think the characters are a bit stale as far as personality goes.

Finally, I like games that have systems in place to prevent infinites with easy execution. I'm ok with 100% HD combos in KoF, since you really have to work for them, but I get turned off by games like Marvel 3, where punishments for mistakes are grave.

Let me know what you guys prefer :)!!!

RoboJoe

I have a few requirements.

1. I have to find it fun.
2. I have to find its visual design appealing.
3. I have to like a large portion of the cast. Not necessarily from a gameplay perspective.
4. I have to enjoy the gameplay mechanics.
5. It has to be somewhat easy to get into. I will never play Tekken for this reason.

Ryu Hayabusa

You should try Dead or Alive. It has a character just like that. I think his name was Hayate or something.

Brute

Standard Donor
You should try Dead or Alive. It has a character just like that. I think his name was Hayate or something.
SGG_GTFO.gif

SpellBound

Out of all the fighters i have played, the one's that kept me around and actually tried to get good at are; MKT, MK9, SkullGirls, P4A, and recently DoA and Smash Bros.

NRS/MK: I like these games because i grew up with them i.e. MKT (best game ever made) I like that MK's are fairly fast paced, usually, large character models, good footsies, and are visually appealing.

SG: Great chracters, amazing art style, deep in terms for team synergy, feels like a classic marvel title, great community

P4A: Its Per..so..na!!! i just really like this game. Fun to play and easier execution that Blaz and older GGs looking forward to the update.

DOA: Wanted to get into a 3D fighter, Tekken has too many moves and too many characters, Soulcal5 was lame in my opinion, so DOA seemed like it was worth a try. I like the characters, the movement, the parry system, footsies, large charatcer models, visually appealing, and all the DLC and TN's continued support of this game gets alot of respect from me.
Smash: just now getting into it, easy to learn seeing that so many people play it and give great advice. I found it to be alot of fun once i learn the correct way to move around and punish.

Zero Beat

1. Ease of use with a learning curve.
2. Visually appealing.
3. Smooth animation.
4. Decent soundtrack.
5. Explosions welcome.
6. One Ninja minimum.

akhi216

Standard Donor
I look for untechable throws - if I train my opponent to guard against mixups and they become adept at it I want the security of knowing that if they cannot find an opening to attack me I can take it a step further with a throw because it will allow me to apply even more pressure.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I look for untechable throws - if I train my opponent to guard against mixups and they become adept at it I want the security of knowing that if they cannot find an opening to attack me I can take it a step further with a throw because it will allow me to apply even more pressure.

which games have those besides DOA im looking but i cant find them

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD