What does Lei need in DOA5U?

Yoyo

What do you guys suggest that would help Lei be a little bit better in DOA5U or what do you think should be nerfed or reworked to help aswell?

phoenix1985gr

In my opinion she doesnt need anything except any nerfs... Which i dont think she's gonna avoid, seing as they nerfed Kasumis most powerfull tool for guaranteed damage i believe her "ultimate" version is gonna be less powerfull than what we got now...

As for buffs if i could ask for something it would probably be 3k4p to return, and her sitdown stuns to give a launch, but she really doenst need anything

NightAntilli

Simply put, YES. It's super slow and it doesn't track, so it doesn't need a nerf. And even with the frame advantage she gets from it, she's still crap at long range. It's the only long range move she has to close the gap without ending up at disadvantage.

Omegan Eckhart

Simply put, YES. It's super slow and it doesn't track, so it doesn't need a nerf. And even with the frame advantage she gets from it, she's still crap at long range. It's the only long range move she has to close the gap without ending up at disadvantage.

I'm not sure why they nerfed it, she needs to be taken down a peg but that isn't the kind of nerf she needed. The nerf won't hurt her much seeing how it's not really that useful anyway.

The nerf to her mid kick hold is well deserved. Force her to rely on her advanced mid kick hold for massive damage, especially seeing as it can be done in stun now.

What are the odds her 1P+K is still bullshit though.

synce

Don't worry the advanced mid K also got nerfed, as did a certain spinny juggle and other things. She'll probably get a buff or two to lessen the sting but based on what I've read so far she's getting the same treatment Mila and Alpha got in 1.03. There's just too many bitches on DOA5 whining about everything instead of getting better or using better characters.

Omegan Eckhart

Don't worry the advanced mid K also got nerfed, as did a certain spinny juggle and other things. She'll probably get a buff or two to lessen the sting but based on what I've read so far she's getting the same treatment Mila and Alpha got in 1.03. There's just too many bitches on DOA5 whining about everything instead of getting better or using better characters.

Where are you reading this to?

Allan Paris

This character does not need a buff in any area. She has every tool in the game (except a command SS) and she excels at using all of them. You can put her in the next game as is and she'd still be a problem. I also doubt she loses anything, Leifang has always been a great character and will remain so.

NightAntilli

Having every tool and being good at all of them is a bit of an exaggeration. She doesn't have strings that can grab after the opponent blocks it (Tina, Sarah). She doesn't have ground grabs (Bass, Bayman, Tina). She doesn't have a guard break that guarantees anything (Christie). And quite a few others.

Her sitdown stuns are mostly useless. She's hard to land a limbo stun with. Her respectable mid launchers are quite slow. Her best tools are for defense. Her offense, although she can be very effective, is not as great as other characters.

Doesn't mean she's not one of the best in the game though. You just made her sound like the most powerful in the game, while she really isn't. And I agree she doesn't need buffs. Not sure about nerfs either though. Not when there are characters like Sarah, Christie, Ayane and Gen Fu around. Unless they get nerfed too.

Lobo

Add 66K to that list as well. I like the option of 66K teching them up if they dont tech, or them having to deal with the mixup of the second K if they do tech.

I would be super happy if they gave lei a new ranged move. Is something like Kokoro's 46P asking to much..?

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I don't think she's gonna get nerfed that bad, but she will still be a dangerous character on Ultimate.
As for buffs if i could ask for something it would probably be 3k4p to return, and her sitdown stuns to give a launch, but she really doenst need anything

3K4P is a good idea.

synce

I wouldn't hold my breath about new FT's lol 3PKK2K no longer techs, also her 2P+K got nerfed

Einzelkind

I'm quite afraid that TN will completely wreck her and turn her into her shitty nothing-guaranteed-DOA4 version again. She's probably one of the most well designed characters in 5 and it would be a shame if they removed all of that. Her 1p+k and the mid kick hold could probably use some toning down, but other than that I really don't see anything that needs to be nerfed. It wouldn't suprise me if they got rid of everything that made her good,though. Especially after hearing about moves like 6h+k being nerfed for no reason.

The only thing I'd like to see is TN fixing the glitch that happens with 46p sometimes and changing the animation of her shoulder tackle to how it was in earlier games if it's used in a juggle.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD