What does Lei need in DOA5U?

Berzerk!

She's upper mid, not top tier, and does not need any nerfs.

Definition of a solid character. She has some real flaws though, such as 1P being so slow that most other mids completely beat it out, as well as a number of lows! (Mids are meant to beat lows) This in exchange for moderate crush on highs, it's not as good a tool as it used to be.

Her mids in general are slow and predictable, and has very little tracking. Probably needs a move that goes low-mid like her 3KP, which is limited in use being Low-High because anyone looking to beat it out, defeats both parts of the string just by low holding!

Yes, her sit down is very isolated, though the new system might see 3P4P or 2P+K become a "bound" on full stun/juggle.

And I agree her 3K4P needs to return. Having only one string option out of 3K being backturned and unsafe is very limiting. This was the one suggestion I made to Team Ninja when asked for patch feedback last year.

Yoyo

I think Lei might have gotten a new stance or move called "Inashi" as stated in her description, "Her strengths lie in T'ai Chi Quan holds which use
her opponent's power, and attacks from "Sabaki" and "Inashi" parries". Any thoughts or are the inashi parries her regular parries. :oops:

Brute

Standard Donor
What are the odds her 1P+K is still bullshit though.
Very high.

I'm quite afraid that TN will completely wreck her and turn her into her shitty nothing-guaranteed-DOA4 version again.
As Shimbori's favorite character, I highly doubt that.

She's probably one of the most well designed characters in 5 and it would be a shame if they removed all of that.
Well of course she got pretty much everything and way more attention than anyone else. See above.

She's upper mid, not top tier,
lenope
Unless you're using my classification where Sarah is acknowledged for the broken bitch she is and alone occupies God Tier, but who am I kidding? Of course you don't.

NukNuks

Her 1P+K isn't really that much of a BS move. It's a definite noob stopping move but anyone that's playing the game at a high enough level is fast enough to counter it. And that's a fact because in every tournament I've played, my chances of being able to pull that move off are slimmer and slimmer as the bracket goes.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I have to admit she was pretty strong. Even with the losses mentioned she'll still be pretty tough although not from long range.

As for regular mid k hold, if you can get at least 6pk that would be decent for a BT launch.. I would assume that bt throw would still work, otherwise the whole thing would end up being useless.

Also, according to rikuto, true force techs from juggles are still intact, so 3pkk2k may still work, otherwise we can aways modify the combos to use the 3p2p2k alternative (although it wouldnt give the same advantage or distance)

I'm just praying that the guaranteed 64p after unshu OH is still intact. I've grown quite fond of that setup.

Also I hope 6K is still guaranteed after parry.. that shit was glorious lol.

I think what Leifang truly lacks is circular mids and/or lows. Im talking 1st hit circulars.. ofcourse she has several 2nd and 3rd hit mid/low circulars from strings... But her lack of 1st hit ones really limits her game vs an evasive character like christie.

Anyway, the games done now, all we can do is hope for the best and wait.
I'm still looking forward to the new leifang. :)

Wasnt some1 saying something about her gaining a CB from unshu? Is that true? I wonder how the hell that would be set up in an actual match. .. perhaps from a long stun like a Counter hit 3p? :)

Another thing to consider is the overall modification to the juggle system.. I cant confirm for sure but from what I noticed in the stream, move juggle properties may be identical now between tag and solo modes. So.. we may be able to follow up a juggle after pp6pk with a 3kp+k, giving her a juggle buff instead of the conventional knockdown. Ofcourse I'm not sure about this and I'm just theorising but it would be awesome if it turns out to be true :)

Last edited:

phoenix1985gr

Actually this was 0.50 version of the game (i think) so still thing may be changed... but yeah i didnt see anything that cripples her if 6h+k is not advantage on block, that would be a big deal to me at least, and i hope she has a mid trackin move too other than that im happy with what i saw

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD