What Hitomi Need To Become Stronger On DOA5U

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Yeah, man. I feel exactly the same way. I mean, as much as I'll miss her FT's, the SSK nerf is definitely the biggest one for me. Now she hardly has anything guaranteed now... Ugh, now I have to rely on the horrendous 46K and hope I'm in the right stance for 4H+K to connect... Y u do dis, TN?

You can learn to watch for the stance, though. Open stance spotted - let's rock, ppk or 46k. And as for guaranteed damage, I think the new SDS gives her more than the sidestep nerf takes. :)

Saber

On midweights, does CB! ~ 33P ~ 7PK ~ PP2KK untechable still work? It's my go-to combo for pressure with Hitomi.

But wtf? SSK is 6K? I'd only be okay with it if 6K has its frame advantage increased by 2 frames on hit.

Hikari-Senca

You can learn to watch for the stance, though. Open stance spotted - let's rock, ppk or 46k. And as for guaranteed damage, I think the new SDS gives her more than the sidestep nerf takes. :)

Yeah, that's true I suppose. But with a character like Hitomi she deserves SOME guaranteed damage. Why is she not allowed to have it?! DX The new SDS is alright, much better than her old one that's for sure.

On midweights, does CB! ~ 33P ~ 7PK ~ PP2KK untechable still work? It's my go-to combo for pressure with Hitomi.
No unfortunately... I haven't been able to find any FT combos so far... =/ Hell, it's a miracle that 1K trick works.

Saber

At least it guaranteed some form of damage. It was a good whiff punisher after SSing a linear attack.

So, any frame advantage on block for Hitomi? Particularly 3H+K, 6P+K and 8K. Those should be + on block.

Aven Kujo-Gin

A useful sit-down stun to lead onto CB is all I need, I don't mind the others nerfs so much, except for the 4PPP into bound state... what did you smoke TN? x)

FakeSypha

Goddammit.

Ok, so any moves beside 4PPP that cause a Bind state?
At full stun threshold 8K causes bound, but the enemy si too far away to get something decent out of it. I mean, you can reach it with 66KKK, or 46P, 236P, etc, but what's the point of reaching full stun and doing a bound that leads to sub par damage? you could get a launcher or a CB into launcher instead. This or I just don't know how bounds work in this game, lol. I expected them to work like in Tekken or VF, which are mostly used when juggling., ie. launcher/starter > juggle (filler > bound > ender).

Hikari-Senca

A few more (minor) notes:

At full stun threshold 8K causes bound

-214P causes a bound at full stun threshold as well.
- The second hit of 6PP is now -6 instead of -8 and the second hit of 2KK is -6 and -5 at the tip instead of -7 and -6.
- 46P now has Close Hit status when up close.
- 4KK also works at the wall since it doesn't wall smash, so she can get even more damage there as well.

Aside from the changes already mentioned by me and others, her frames on block remain largely unchanged sadly. I think that's also about it as far new Hitomi changes goes. Unless there's more, she's overall the same, but slightly nerfed (her biggest nerfs imo being the SSK change and the universal FT changes), character in this version. Thankfully, she has a new SDS and the (best) buff to 4KK allows for more damaging combos, but now it appears she's truly a character with no ways of getting true, guaranteed damage. Guess I'll try her Power Launcher next.

SilverForte

I dunno, I heard slow escaping is harder to do this time around, and her SDS gives you CB unless you slow escape absolutely perfectly, sounds good to me.

Hikari-Senca

I don't know if it's harder, I'll have to try it out. But yeah, the CB is pretty much guaranteed if you don't SE perfectly. Buuuut, meh. Subjectively, I just want something I know the opponent can't get out of no matter what. Edit: (Btw, on the F2P version, Hitomi is no longer free on September 17th)

SilverForte

I've gone through the character threads, and it seems the majority of the cast has taken nerfs, some more so that others. Hitomi didn't get hit so bad and actually got some buffs so I'm happy with that.

Ren Fujin

Probably cause she was so shit already, they had nothing else they could possibly do to nerf her even further.

FakeSypha

Probably cause she was so shit already, they had nothing else they could possibly do to nerf her even further.
Well, I wouldn't say she was shit, but then again she surely didn't need any kind of nerf, at all :S
Don't get me wrong, I like 214P a lot, but they could give her something guaranteed of 6T, of her low kick hold, or make the 46K setup more useful. I mean, there was a lot of room for improvement in her gameplay.

It's always the same with TN and balancing, lol. I'd like to know where those guys get the ideas...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD