What Hitomi Need To Become Stronger On DOA5U

Aven Kujo-Gin

Just watching the bikinis trailer again and I noticed that Hitomi have a new punch that cause a sit down stun, hopefully, it guaranteed a CB after it.

Saber

Just watching the bikinis trailer again and I noticed that Hitomi have a new punch that cause a sit down stun, hopefully, it guaranteed a CB after it.
They showed it in Tag. Don't count on it.

Why can't we have a sitdown that's at least +19? Her fastest mid-launcher is 9K which is a slow 17 frames that doesn't even launch of NH.

DR2K

She needs a guaranteed follow up after 6 F+P. Just something that allows her to keep pressure.

More guaranteed stuns.

Remove her regular mid holds and replace them with the advanched ones. Change the 2 animations from thoseholds into throws.

Ideally.

Saber

Anyone with DOA5U would like to list down any Hitomi changes and new moves? I'm only getting my copy this weekend.

Ren Fujin

Yeah, that sucks.
But wait, there's more :
They nerfed her 46K : It's now very unsafe (-8 on block) compared to DOA5 (-5). And it's still stance dependant, so I guess it's safe to say the move just got even more useless.
So far the only buff I saw is her 33H+P got a damage boost : 62 (DOA5) 68 (DOA5U).

About the new moves :

214P is pretty cool. Mid punch i18 that causes a sitdown stun of at least +18. It garantees her CB if the opponent doesn't slow escape perfectly. It's unsafe, though (-10 on block).

The second move of the 214KP string is semi safe (-6) on block, causes a stun of at least +20 on Counter Hit.

Tenryuga

That sitdown also has a string that is completely guaranteed if you score a counter hit with the sitdown. In stun though the string whiffs. It might have just been the way I was setting it up though.

Ren Fujin

You're quite right. I usually use it as whiff punish but hey, though I'd still share the info.
Her ground game got nerfed too it seems ... stuff like 1K isn't garanteed anymore after landing 3H+K successfully...

Ren Fujin

Yeah, seems global. I'm going to miss that.
Hopefully she can still make use of the new mechanics somehow.
Like Tenryuga said, that bound she gets off 4PPP isn't exactly useful. If only you could cancel that OSU pose somehow :/

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Yeah, that sucks.
But wait, there's more :
They nerfed her 46K : It's now very unsafe (-8 on block) compared to DOA5 (-5). And it's still stance dependant, so I guess it's safe to say the move just got even more useless.
So far the only buff I saw is her 33H+P got a damage boost : 62 (DOA5) 68 (DOA5U).

About the new moves :

214P is pretty cool. Mid punch i18 that causes a sitdown stun of at least +18. It garantees her CB if the opponent doesn't slow escape perfectly. It's unsafe, though (-10 on block).

The second move of the 214KP string is semi safe (-6) on block, causes a stun of at least +20 on Counter Hit.

I won't be able to test this out very soon myself on even Vanilla, but doesn't 46k / SSk cause a slight pushback? I mean it can't be throw punished then even at -8, if I'm right.

Last edited:

Hikari-Senca

In case anyone didn't know, Hitomi is available for a limited time on the F2P version. Here's some more changes:

-The last hit of 4PPP doesn't GB anymore when you charge it, now it's just -3.
-4KK now give this re-float(?) property when used after a launch so now she has a way to get more damaging combos. The best I found was Post-CB 33P, 4KK, PP4PPP.
- SSK has been changed. Now whenever you SSK, her 6K comes out instead. =/

One more thing I discovered is that although her FT game has been unfortunately nerfed, I found out that if you 1K at the maximum stun threshold or Post-CB, it'll give a knockdown that lasts long enough for you to do two options based on how the opponent reacts: If they just stay down or wake up kick, you'll get a free 3H+K which FT's them, and if they decide to tech after 1K, you'll still be able to either throw them or interrupt their attack since they're still recovering from the tech... Which is better than nothing.

Okay, that's about it so far. I hope to find some more stuff soon.

Last edited:

P1naatt1ke1tt0

SSk is the 6k kick? That's BS. Okay, I've been ok with her other nerfs, but TN seems to like to destroy options for guaranteed damage left and right. Hitomi isn't necessarily nerfed overall (214p for the win) but why take away the reward for succeeding in landing an extremely hard-to-connect slow high kick, that needs the right stance to be useful?!

Hikari-Senca

Yeah, man. I feel exactly the same way. I mean, as much as I'll miss her FT's, the SSK nerf is definitely the biggest one for me. Now she hardly has anything guaranteed now... Ugh, now I have to rely on the horrendous 46K and hope I'm in the right stance for 4H+K to connect... Y u do dis, TN?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD