System What I Feel Could Solidfy DOA's Position as a Competitive Fighter.

Javert

Responses to the OP seem to be a bit harsh. I also find SS seems to fail a little more than I would like. Whether you consider it is good or bad right now I guess we could all agree that it could be improved.
I would like to have a Side Step, that instead of being completely tangential / perpendicular to both characters, would move 45 ° toward the other character so it would serve as an approach tool. Hard to say how it could be implemented but my first hunch would be to make it proximity dependant (45° when far and 90° when close)

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
This franchise needs numbers, not system changes to solidify its position as a competitive fighter.

More or less that's true, but I was thinking outside the box at the time. I will say though that attracting people to DOA to the point of them getting into the game competitively can be excruciatingly difficult. A big complaint I receive is how "weird", "unorthodox", and unintuitive the game system can seem.

quash

Responses to the OP seem to be a bit harsh. I also find SS seems to fail a little more than I would like. Whether you consider it is good or bad right now I guess we could all agree that it could be improved.
I would like to have a Side Step, that instead of being completely tangential / perpendicular to both characters, would move 45 ° toward the other character so it would serve as an approach tool. Hard to say how it could be implemented but my first hunch would be to make it proximity dependant (45° when far and 90° when close)

VF already has something similar with DM and OM, no reason why DOA couldn't implement something like it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD