System What is the best button layout for DS4,and what is the best for joystick?

Low-pitched_Ala

So,I have use this
23057403459_840cc187e2_b.jpg

button layout for my DS4 a long time,and recently I am thinking this may be not a best button layout for me, As I noticed I some times drop some combo that involved the button P+K. For example, the kokoro's 66p+k ender, Some times I got it to 6P+K,or even just P+K. And multiple side step is also a issue, I can press triangle and R1 and directional button simultaneously for this purpose,but I noticed it not only not comfortable for my finger, but also it seems slower than this setting:
23317177392_32da850796_b.jpg

since you can just simply press directional button and L1 simultaneously here. And I found out it is also make less mistake while doing multiple side stepping. However if use the button layout I used before, it appeared sometimes it becomes "side step p" rather than just side step. Also if I want to do multiple side step p or ssk, it is also not comfortable and accurate.
And the last is L2 is the taunt button, so I don't have to remember the more complicated way to taunt, and it appeared it is a lot easier to taunt accurately.

Another problem with my old button setting is the power launcher, for example after training a a lot of my own kokoro pl combo, my left index finger gets hurts, it is not comfortable the place L1 is. Also I found out the brad Wong's Pl combo challenge is fairly hard, I mean I have passed that Pl combo challenge, but I just can not pass it again easily or even hardly!

In addition, I am also wondering what is the best button layout for a joystick? I know I have asked what is the arcade game machine button layout in this post: http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...the-arcade-game-machine-for-my-joystick.5813/

but I am not sure which layout is the best, 3 button? or 6 button?where you put the taunt button ? In that thread they said taunt button is the start button, but I found out the start button in my joystick is hard to reach, and the option button is comparatively easy to reach, and of course those 8 main button is even more easy to reach.

So what is your thoughts about the button layout?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
For joystick, taunt is accepted to use the H+P+K macro. In general, you should be able to play with a arcade joystick if you set it to:

P K _ _
H _ _ _

So you'd hit all three buttons to do a taunt.

For controller, I prefer doing:

O = H
X = H
T = K
S = P
L1 = H+P+K
R1 = H+K

That way, you can hit every macro combination with the face buttons (S+T, T+O, S+X, and S+T+O+X). Side stepping is easy by pressing 2 or 8 with L1, and R1 is only set to H+K for me so I can perform Akira's :H*+K: attack.

Whether that's the best setup? *shrug*, but it works for me and requires little setup.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Setup I use is
T = P
O = K
S = H
X = T
R2 = H+K

With Side Step set to 8/2 H+P+K and Taunt set to the Taunt Macro so it isn't possible for me to accidentally Taunt in a match.

I'll add H+P+K to R1 if I'm playing Tag.

Lulu

I see you struggled with Kokoro's :6::6::P+K:

Well I'f you're anything like me then you'l want to perform all your strikes with your right hand and all your movements with your left hand.

Performing a complex command having to use both your thumb and index finger on the same hand is tricky...... so I "split" the load by moving my Strikes to the Right Shoulder and Face Buttons.

That way I perform:6::6: with my left thumb and :P+K: with my right index.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
For DS4 I utilize:

T = Punch
O = Kick
S = Throw
X = Hold
R1 = P+K
R2 = H+K
L1 = H+P+K
L2 = Hold

R1 & R2 are easy macros to utilize so they get more common inputs than L1 or L2. H+P+K is set to L1 because that is the least used function. I have two "Hold" buttons for guarding & free cancelling. Either can be used for holding, though X gets priority. However having a guard button as a face button & a shoulder button can be handy since you can guard with your right thumb/hand or left index finger.

For stick I use:

P K _ _
H _ _ _

It should be noted that I use both exact control schemes for VF5FS, which is very convenient.

Lulu

I have two "Hold" buttons for guarding & free cancelling. Either can be used for holding, though X gets priority. However having a guard button as a face button & a shoulder button can be handy since you can guard with your right thumb/hand or left index finger.

It should be noted that I use both exact control schemes for VF5FS, which is very convenient.

I adopted this setup recently fir the very same reasons...... and it was so close to helping learn Pai Chan..... just not close enough :(

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
The set up I've always used while playing DOA5 period is:

Punch = Square
Kick = Triangle
Throw = Circle
Free/Hold = Cross

H+P+K = R1
H+K = R2

I've never used a P+K short cut in DOA. I'm comfortable just pressing Punch+Kick together. Just my preference.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I think really it depends on your preferences.

I personally use:
Y/T: P
B/C: K
X/S: H
A/X: T

RB/R1: H+P+K
LB/L1: Ap
LT/L2: P+K
RT/R2: H+K

for the most part I just input P+K on their own but for faster timing I use the shortcut.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I think really it depends on your preferences.

I personally use:
Y/T: P
B/C: K
X/S: H
A/X: T

RB/R1: H+P+K
LB/L1: Ap
LT/L2: P+K
RT/R2: H+K

for the most part I just input P+K on their own but for faster timing I use the shortcut.
Haha, you have a Taunt button? Well I guess "RAWRing" is necessary when playing Hitomi lol. :hitomi:

Cr!msonWarrior said:
I use this same config and I can confirm it's solid and convenient.

It is isn't it? Took me some fiddling around to realize how versatile it is!

Kirito

I personally use:

Square - P
Triangle - K
O - T/H+P
X - H
R1 - P+K
L1 - H+K
R2/L2 - H+P+K

I always use the macros, since I simply treat T, P+K and H+K as separate inputs. I'm used to action games like Dynasty Warriors and ARPGs, so this is the setup that I'm most used to. It personally makes combos easier as well, especially for beginners who get confused with what P+K and H+K actually do.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
When it comes to using stick, I use the American VF layout. Looks something like this (on the Player 2 side):
vf.png

Square = Guard
Triangle = Punch
R1 = Kick

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD