When do you think DoA6 will be released - Refreshed poll

When do you think DoA6 will be released?

• 2020+

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'd say most likely 2019, and maybe announced at DOAFES 2018

Last Round is only a year old, And BR2017 is confirmed for Last Round so I don't think we'll see it anytime soon.

Kasumi

Voted for 2018 but all depends what are they doing besides Nioh and Girls/DLC for DOAX3.

Sotherius

Hmm, considering that DOA x3 came out not that much ago, and NiOH is their next big release, i think between 2018 and 2020 a good bet for DOA 6 (and hopefully Ninja Gaiden 4). While DOA 5 LR is just a year old, is just a new version of DOA 5.
So, i voted 2019.

Crext

Standard Donor
Well, personally I'd say they need to stay on the ball where we can't afford another 7 year gap where they need to keep the franchise fresh. DoA5 got released in 2012, DoA5U in 2013 & DoA5LR in 2015 (DoA3X in 2016). That said they are basically the same game with expansions. In other words them releasing it in such a manner isn't a problem, but they'd need to keep delivering new stuff and/or release a newer version within the 2 next years in order to keep the franchise on everybody's lips. Also, only DoA3X is made for the PS4 with current gen tech, where DoA5 in all honesty is a PS3 game. As a result we quite frankly do not have a DoA fighting game on the current gen, where the LR fighters are split between old and new consoles as well. As more fighters get current gen exclusive fighters, the more DoA will falter towards the competition.

For this reason I think they are forced to release an (early) version (kinda like DoA5) sometime in 2017, or at the very least 2018, where they once again release expansions with more content in the years to come.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Well, personally I'd say they need to stay on the ball where we can't afford another 7 year gap where they need to keep the franchise fresh. DoA5 got released in 2012, DoA5U in 2013 & DoA5LR in 2015 (DoA3X in 2016). That said they are basically the same game with expansions. In other words them releasing it in such a manner isn't a problem, but they'd need to keep delivering new stuff and/or release a newer version within the 2 next years in order to keep the franchise on everybody's lips. Also, only DoA3X is made for the PS4 with current gen tech, where DoA5 in all honesty is a PS3 game. As a result we quite frankly do not have a DoA fighting game on the current gen, where the LR fighters are split between old and new consoles as well. As more fighters get current gen exclusive fighters, the more DoA will falter towards the competition.

For this reason I think they are forced to release an (early) version (kinda like DoA5) sometime in 2017, or at the very least 2018, where they once again release expansions with more content in the years to come.

That early year gap is left with all the cards out that DOA6 will be no different than DOA5 in terms of complaints and everything else. 2017 is far too early to take the necessary plans to just go "Alright, we should start DOA6 now". Simply because the initial plan is rushed and the extra doubt of Team NINJA having ideas with how DOA6 would be, but difficult to actually take them into consideration with all these projects of games they've been working on along with partnerships and co-developing other games. They've been constantly throwing out DLC for the latest one and not further hinting of any plans of a sequel to the game.

Forcing a release now will please the crowd but only temporarily because of the effort put into the game (because it's new obviously, but not carefully going into the deep content of getting the best stuff/fresh out of totally new compared to DOA5 when it was first released) . The best time I think they should release a DOA6 (or at least working on it) is to make it when they don't have anything to do and placed on a higher focus. DOA6 should be the only game they should work on and I'd say the best time to do it is when they don't got any plans with the other games or co-developing games (Square Enix etc.), Also to mention that DOA5 has received support from tournaments and the Battle Royale etc. DOA5 simply has the content to keep it running even if you've seen it multiple times, but the content itself keeps the game alive being presented everywhere. DOA5 by itself still continues to draw the crowd now.

This is what I mean:

2017 = Forced, they listened to the fans of the game far too deeply and simply catering when they don't have to. People can't be serious here.

2018 = Most likely still working on other games, DOA6 will probably be talked about. I can definitely believe a teaser in this year to let people know that DOA6 is a go and a real thing.

2019 = Seems like a good time, NiOh is probably way out by then and probably done with the arcades for Square Enix's Dissidia. I don't see why not. Reasonable and a big surprise.

2020 = Seems a bit too far, don't like it but the more time the better. Reason being is that they don't have an excuse to fail here. The wait will wound me, but the end results is what matters. If a game truly took this long to finish, fuck it....at least it turned out good if not better than all the DOAs because it "took it's time."

I doubt Team NINJA would pull another 7 years, but you definitely want to give them time to make the next build turn out good. Definitely not 7 years though, I would of given up DOA if it took more than 6+ years to make another. Anything pass 2021+ we have a problem.

Last edited:

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor
2019 seems to make sense for it to come out. I know they're busy with Ni-Oh and Dissidia. Hopefully they announce Ninja Gaiden 4.

P2p1mbs

2019 seems like a very long time to wait, even if 5 took as long to release after 4 did. I personally really hope for an announcement next year then release 2018.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
2019 isn't long and it's even standard to most other titles in development because of early announcements or teasers. Anything pass 5+ years is long (FFXV for example, that's long.) even though DOA isn't a AAA title, the more time the better since there will be no excuse by Team NINJA.

I keep telling some of you guys, even Tom Lee back at NEC agreed 2019+ is a high probability. While I do understand some of you want DOA6 right away, believe me I do as well. I don't want the game to be released in some build full of bugs and complaints similar to past DOA games. I am willing to make a huge bet for 2019+. I'm dead serious here, not even joking. Team NINJA should make the sane decision to wait and gather their trusty technology to make it the best version (hopefully they do) with the core element and possibly turn it to something different or better. Most people who rush for the game are too focused on the cosmetic parts and not the game entirely. The game isn't about just graphics here, the core element of the fighting game itself to please all types of crowd.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Voted 2018, possibly even as late as 2019. Right now they are still milking Last Round at least till the end of this year and then they have their hands full with Nioh, Dissidia, these Warriors crossover games and at some point surely the next Ninja Gaiden. Like DOA5 DOA6 will very likely come towards the end of the console generation. Some months later they can release an updated version on the brand new consoles, just like Last Round. ;)

Last edited:

HHH816

my game is running ok.. a few crashes here and there while taking pictures.

never crashes while playing online. it's still playable

Chapstick

my game is running ok.. a few crashes here and there while taking pictures.

never crashes while playing online. it's still playable
I've had countless crashes in combo challenges (on dojo! The least taxing stage in the damn game), numerous crashes in arcade time attack and survival, yesterday had a crash as it was simply opening the character select screen for free training, and others I can't really remember.

Online this last week I had it crash just before stage select and then later that night it gave me a black load screen while the match was still going for the other person. In the past I've had people say the win pose for them popped up while the match was still going for me and then they got confused as to why it said they lost after it showed them winning.

I even see occasional lag in stages offline. The break the game more with every patch meant to fix issues while patching out cool stuff like the slowmo glitch.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD