Which A.I. setting is the most human like?

Gill Hustle

I'm asking because I play DOA5 for the majority offline unless someone I know is online with a decent connection.

For games like SSF4 and KOF series I find whats good about highest setting is the CPU WILL PUNISH anything unsafe with maximum damage, but with DOA5 I've heard that computer can do things impossible to human reflexes on True Fighter settings.

Although it did SS in between one my strings which was pretty cool but I think if its gonna break rules on when its possible to counter than that wouldn't be useful to me.

Any thoughts?

loralei

If you're talking pro players, then I'd probably say 7-8.
Hardcore Casuals, 4-7.
Scrubs are 1-3.

FakeSypha

At higher difficulties you'll find lots of input reading, so I hope you like being held in the most ridiculous situations. I wouldn't say it's "human-like", tho.

Ooobe

Problem is you can't condition the AI and mix-ups are completely pointless 'cause of the input reading. Also, if you can be thrown out of stance, side-step or block, you will be, but you won't "always" be punished for unsafe moves (often enough though). Sadly, I don't think you can fight the AI like you would a person.
5 (Champ) - though it's starts being an input reading **** at that point, it's still somewhat manageable and approaches a player who's good at reading you. 6 is probably closer to a good player for offensive execution, but the reading is already into the unreal.
Or go with Lorelei's answer - I think I fit nicely into the hardcore casual category, so that probably colours my impression.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I've kept the A.I. difficulty on 5, but it's still "just the A.I." so expect the oddest of the odd to happen. Anything higher than that, or difficulty 6, is just unreal. And this coming from a guy with good reactions and yomi.

MLP715

i was wondering the same thing about which AI is best to simulate a "human" opponent i jump back and forth between difficulty levels depending on what i'm working on this game has an interesting learning curve its not like other fighters im used to playing (VF,SC and Tekken)

Brute

Standard Donor
None. The AI on every difficulty setting just charges you like a retard. You'll never get a "human-like" experience with that, because so much of vs human play revolves around spacing. The AI has no concept of that. You will always out-space them.

MLP715

None. The AI on every difficulty setting just charges you like a retard. You'll never get a "human-like" experience with that, because so much of vs human play revolves around spacing. The AI has no concept of that. You will always out-space them.
true however i like the up close and personel style of fighting a lil more than the spacing /turtling style but thats just me

Brute

Standard Donor
true however i like the up close and personel style of fighting a lil more than the spacing /turtling style but thats just me
I like the aggressive style too, but
A) I like to do it tactfully. When I know that everytime I can win by simply standing still, waiting until they approach, and then spamming 236P+K,P,P,23698741T, it gets dull.
B) That still doesn't mean the AI is humanlike, whether compared to a spacer or charger player.

MLP715

AI will never replace or truly compare to an actual human opponent but the AI can be just as random as a human and even punish you for being unsafe when a human might miss an opportunity to punish on reaction i like the guessing game i play when i fight the AI i find that human opponents rinse and repeat a lot without variation unless they know their opponent is completley FREE!!!!!

Brute

Standard Donor
AI will never replace or truly compare to an actual human opponent but the AI can be just as random as a human
Disagree. They never free cancel, they never space right, they never move before match start, etc.

and even punish you for being unsafe when a human might miss an opportunity to punish on reaction i like the guessing game i play when i fight the A
The problem is that with an AI it is just "guessing." You have no advantage of anticipating your opponent because the AI isn't thinking about what you're going to do until the second you input something. Thus, it's more like gambling than strategy. At leas in my opinion.

i find that human opponents rinse and repeat a lot without variation unless they know their opponent is completley FREE!!!!!
I think you've just been exposed to unfortunate opponents. Thing is, if the opponent is doing the same thing over and over, they should be losing because they open themselves up for counter holds, punishment, etc. The best players excel largely because they are unpredictable, and keep their opponents trying to anticipate what they'll do next.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I think the point Gill wanted was finding a suitable difficulty for practice. Obviously practicing against the A.I. definitely doesn't compare to practicing with other human players. I think he just wants to know of a good setting so that he can at least get some type of practice while he's not playing against another player. You can't practice the usual fundamentals against the A.I., like footsies and spacing, but you can still do basic stuff like stun > launch, threshold > CB, and some other things.

MLP715

I think the point Gill wanted was finding a suitable difficulty for practice. Obviously practicing against the A.I. definitely doesn't compare to practicing with other human players. I think he just wants to know of a good setting so that he can at least get some type of practice while he's not playing against another player. You can't practice the usual fundamentals against the A.I., like footsies and spacing, but you can still do basic stuff like stun > launch, threshold > CB, and some other things.

agreed my point exactly i just wasnt being very clear my bad

Gill Hustle

Yep.

HiguraShiki

There isn't really a human like setting for the a.i. Well maybe rookie mode, it does mimic noobs
;)
But even at lvl 99 in survival, rookie mode is non-human like.

Paradise

The A.I. doesn't seem to have any actual skill besides input reading. While you play the rock paper scissors guessing game the A.I. is channeling Ms. Cleo. But i'd say 7-8, if you absolutely have no way to play real people. Its impossible to test new strategies against the A.I. in my opinion, though.

Brute

Standard Donor
There isn't really a human like setting for the a.i. Well maybe rookie mode, it does mimic noobs.
Not really. Often the rookie AI will just stand still, literally doing nothing.
Noobs never stop pressing buttons. Ever. They lack patience and dishaprine.

Chaos

The A.I. can make characters seem like a OP cheap bastard like Leifang for ex. When Im using Kasumi its like the cpu can change Leifang's 10 frame jab into a 6 frame jab & everytime I use Kasumi's quickest attack she can interrupt them & when this happens Im thinking.......what type of retarded shit is this? Also, the A.I. is soo random its not even funny, sometimes it will get a serious ass whooping but the next thing you know the A.I. would end up blocking every damn move that a humn possibly can't do.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD