Who are you hyped for in LR?

Who are you mostly hyped for?

• Total voters

werewolfgold

But we did get a new character though whether she copied other characters movs or not.

They also hype the male character and Raidou is another copy character and no one complained about him. Also if Honoka's bio is cringeworthy, then Raidou's is just plain bulls***, "He was once dead but was revived by Donovan" yeah exactly. And Raidou is no more original then Honoka is.

My point is that none of the 2 are any more or less generic then the other, so to bash one and not the other is pretty messed up.
Raidou is not the most original character in existence. But, he at least has a threatening and overwhelming presence. He also kind of gets grandfathered in in terms of acceptance since he was a copycat from the start and a classic boss from the very first game. Everyone was expecting a returning character for the male, so it was basically either him or Genra. Raidou's moveset is more fleshed out and less out of left field in comparison.

No excuses for creating another copycat on top of that and then not even reaching past cute, busty, Japanese schoolgirl #3657 for the design of the supposedly completely new character. DOA is definitely more toward a room of anime characters than a room full of sci-fi characters. So...

(And quit double-posting. Edit your posts if you're not done.)

Last edited:

David Gregg

Everyone was expecting a returning character for the male, so it basically either him or Genra. Raidou's moveset is more fleshed out and less out of left field in comparison.

giphy.gif

Have you even played Dimensions? Genra is a really fun character with a fleshed out moveset (and a helluva lot more unique than Raidou) and with some modifications could work really well in LR.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Trust me I was disappointed when I found out that Raidou was picked over Genra as the "revived male fighter" b/c of the fact that he was a copycat. But in his case many of his moves are the ones that he had in Dimensions (i.e. copied moves from other fighters in Dimensions). Because 5 has significantly updated all of the fighters going from DOAD --> LR this now makes his dimensions moveset somewhat more unique.

This may be the case with Salad as well once DOA6 rolls around and the characters she copied moves from are once again updated.

at this point i want Genra just to satisfy my OCT(tendicies not disorder), he's the last person left that needs to be remade and its driving me nuts.

werewolfgold

giphy.gif

Have you even played Dimensions? Genra is a really fun character with a fleshed out moveset (and a helluva lot more unique than Raidou) and with some modifications could work really well in LR.
I stand by the "less out of left field" part, at least. I only remember Genra having, like, 50 moves. That all I meant by "more fleshed out".

But, hey, I might be misremembering.

David Gregg

I stand by the "less out of left field" part, at least. I only remember Genra having, like, 50 moves. That all I meant by "more fleshed out".

But, hey, I might be misremembering.

Actually not counting his taunt Genra had like 43 moves in DOAD. XD Even though he had less than Raidou (who had 53 and Tengu had 50 iirc) I still felt like he had a very well established moveset that could easily be expanded upon. That EWGF was meant for Genra... T_T

werewolfgold

Actually not counting his taunt Genra had like 43 moves in DOAD. XD Even though he had less than Raidou (who had 53 and Tengu had 50 iirc) I still felt like he had a very well established moveset that could easily be expanded upon. That EWGF was meant for Genra... T_T
Huh. Raidou only had 53? My memory sucks. lol

But, I hear you. I do hope the moveset comes back one day. They may be doing even more DLC characters after all. How do you feel about schoolgirl Genra? lololol

David Gregg

Huh. Raidou only had 53? My memory sucks. lol

But, I hear you. I do hope the moveset comes back one day. They may be doing even more DLC characters after all. How do you feel about schoolgirl Genra? lololol

It's not quite what I had in mind...

genfem.gif

Don't even ask why I made this gif a while back b/c I don't remember why...I think someone requested it? XD

Banana56

My screen handle is right next to my avatar, silly. But, if that's not sufficient, let's go with I AM THE NIGHT.

I mean, you can not listen to me. The mods will smack you upside the head regardless.
Someone who's trying to help you before the mods change it themselves.
i see Selena Gomez in your future

tumblr_mwtco7Tntn1qde4uko1_500.gif

Anywho, I am excited for alot of things. Can't wait for the game to come out soon.

Dark-truth

Same
nyo isn't really my type of character. She is fun to use but i don't myself getting anywhere with here. Same goes for marie rose, i tried to main them both didn't work out.

I mostly kasumi player, been this way since the beginning.

@Argentus honestly the cameo looking is the best outfit for thus far, but i don't mind her school girl outfit even though its generic.[/QUOT

Argentus

Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd.gif

This is the first thread I've created and I'm just sitting here reading everyone's comments in amusement.
...you only eat one piece of popcorn at a time? that's weird. I go full bukakke with my salty, buttery goodness.

On the topic of new characters....I've just lost all hope, or at the very least, have VERY low expectations.

Just kind of lay back and accept that any new characters will either be copycats, or generic japanophile weaboo moeblobs.

Or both, in the case of Salad, which is why she gets so much shit.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

...you only eat one piece of popcorn at a time? that's weird. I go full bukakke with my salty, buttery goodness.

Just kind of lay back and accept that any new characters will either be copycats, or generic japanophile weaboo moeblobs.

Or both, in the case of Salad, which is why she gets so much shit.
Maybe if the moeblobs keep getting hate they'll make more characters like Mila and Rig.
And yes I eat one piece at a time, I am very posh, and listen to very posh classical music like this

Argentus

Yeah at this point if we get any "new" characters I'm just hoping they're from VF. TNs made it pretty clear they're tapped out for creativity till DOA6 and id rather play the new Goh from VF5R than anymore moe characters.
Even though Vanessa was my main, I still feel she'd be redundant, so I'd like the monkey girl. Eileen, I think her name was? She's cute :D

Maybe if the moeblobs keep getting hate they'll make more characters like Mila and Rig.
And yes I eat one piece at a time, I am very posh, and listen to very posh classical music like this

Moeblobs will NEVER get enough hate, thanks to Japan embracing that shit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD