Who wants to see this game return?

x Sypher x

I KNOW I SURE AS HELL DO!
BTW this intro video was fanmade, but it still looks pretty freakin sweet.

And here are some high level matches I found. Enjoy :)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I thought for sure Netherrealm Studios was hard at work trying to bring this back... perhaps even consider a crossover with MK at some point.

x Sypher x

I thought for sure Netherrealm Studios was hard at work trying to bring this back... perhaps even consider a crossover with MK at some point.

Yeah that's what I heard too. Although I've also heard there are some old school gamers who believe this game shits all over MK [back then] and if it returned it would still do lol. I guess this game made a huge impact in the past.

Tenren

KI was the first game I took serious lol. Feed so many quarters to KI machines id prolly be rich. Orchid and Jago was were it was at. Spinal was sick to but could never master his combos. If it wasn't for KI i prolly never pick up VF or DOA. Been on the bandwagon to bring this game for years but sadly it may never happen.

Game Over

Just the possibility (or, better yet, HOPE) of a KI3 is THE number 1 reason I bought an X360!! No, I am NOT kidding!!

So this thread brings back some fond memories for me ... particularly memories of when arcades in America were not an endangered species. And oh yeah ... Microsoft continues to disappoint me EVERY YEAR that they do not get the arcade version of KI on XBLA!!! It's a crying shame that game has YET to get a full quality port to consoles!

The HuBBs

No... If anyone is making a sequel it will be rare because they own the rights to the KI franchise. And who owns Rare right now? MS.

Game Over

thats the same as yu suzuki wanting to finish shenmue 3 even though he left sega years ago.

I'm not trying to say that guy (and his team), specifically, should head up KI3. The point is Microsoft, I would think, has the ability to task some dev other than Rare to the job, rather than be locked into having Rare (who has none of their former KI team members anymore) do it.

x Sypher x

It would be great if they could get the old team back together, although that would be a pain in the ass (hard) to do.

Relius Starkiller

The only way this makes a come back is in a cross over. Rare and Microsoft would never put out something as niche as a fighting game without a significant probability of a return for investment.

Licensing out the characters to Warner Brothers for the cross over would be great for MS but not so much for WB. That is unless they simply reuse the MK9 engine and throw in some KI characters, then they would probably end up plus money. . .

Eitherway, unless they start the process of reintroducing KI to the masses (Through XBLA) then its a losing effort for everyone involved.

Kusanagi

they don't own the IP rights to this. Microsoft does. the rights were transferred to MS when Nintendo sold rare. all they did back in the day was distribute the arcade versions.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD