Whose Fighting Style would you Imitate?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Drinking is probably overrated anyway.
Ah, I remember when I was like you. Young and foolish about the beauty that is alcohol. FYI kid, better to start experimenting what you like to drink now than when you get to university. I've been drinking since I was 16, so when I got to college, it wasn't something new to me. Figuring out my limits and tolerance were, but once I turned 21 last year, it became easier. You'll understand when you're older.

JusTheBest29

Ah, I remember when I was like you. Young and foolish about the beauty that is alcohol. FYI kid, better to start experimenting what you like to drink now than when you get to university. I've been drinking since I was 16, so when I got to college, it wasn't something new to me. Figuring out my limits and tolerance were, but once I turned 21 last year, it became easier. You'll understand when you're older.
You adults and your ways... I promised to live a mostly straightedge lifestyle(no drinking but I'll probably drink on special occasions, no smoking, and I'm staying abstinent, yup I GO IN!) so I shall wait sir.

Argentus

He's only 15.
Well I'm guessing drunken fist works best when you're y'know.... drunk xD and since me drinking is illegal I wont have the opportunity to try.

Meh. I'm going to abide by the law since I'm a goody two-shoes. Drinking is probably overrated anyway.

Yeah mostly just joking that it being illegal doesn't stop kids from drinking lol

You aren't missing anything. If anything, saying you don't drink is a good indicator that you actually have a life and stuff to do instead of just sitting around drinking lol

I'm 26 and don't drink.

To clarify, I will HAVE a drink, but I don't just "drink".

But he's not missing out on anything. Also it depends on what kind of a drunk you are.

I do advise testing your alcohol tolerance levels. Don't binge or anything but see what it takes to make you tipsy

My coworkers spiked my two litre with straight vodka and it didn't even affect me bit when I do get drunk I'm an angry drunk. So between me not getting the benefits of chugging motor oil, and when I eventually do it not really being a benefit at all, I just don't brother drinking.

Love me some Bahama mamas, maitais and margaritas though. Actual adult drinks instead of highschool/college chug alcohol. Try flavored stuff like that if you just want something to drink.

Any who on topic. Again, Leon and mila because their beat downs are some of the most satisfying things ever while still being plausible.
Fuck!*bam
Your!*bam*
Face!*bam*

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I'm 26 and don't drink.

To clarify, I will HAVE a drink, but I don't just "drink".

But he's not missing out on anything. Also it depends on what kind of a drunk you are.

I do advise testing your alcohol tolerance levels. Don't binge or anything but see what it takes to make you tipsy

My coworkers spiked my two litre with straight vodka and it didn't even affect me bit when I do get drunk I'm an angry drunk. So between me not getting the benefits of chugging motor oil, and when I eventually do it not really being a benefit at all, I just don't brother drinking.

Love me some Bahama mamas, maitais and margaritas though. Actual adult drinks instead of highschool/college chug alcohol. Try flavored stuff like that if you just want something to drink.
Let me reply to this before going back on topic. My favorite drink ever in the Long Island Iced Tea. Why? Because it's four different liquors mixed in one drink and it taste damn good. So I get the effect and the taste. I drink for effect, but only socially. I don't just drink to drink. That's boring. I like to drink with friends or when I'm out.

Brute

Standard Donor
Let me reply to this before going back on topic.
How about we just skip over that and get back on topic right away?

Now, is this a "what would we like to use?" or "what would we realistically use?" sort of question?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
How about we just skip over that and get back on topic right away?

Now, is this a "what would we like to use?" or "what would we realistically use?" sort of question?
Most of the styles in this game, while based on realistic martial arts, aren't being used realistically here.

Brute

Standard Donor
Most of the styles in this game, while based on realistic martial arts, aren't being used realistically here.
True, but everyone has at least a few moves/techniques that are entirely plausible to do, even if not the most efficient.

For example, I may not be able to do Hayabusa's advanced mid kick hold, but I can do his PP4P6P, so I could use Hayabusa's style using moves such as the latter, even if that's not necessarily what I would use.

FatalxInnocence

Meh. I'm going to abide by the law since I'm a goody two-shoes. Drinking is probably overrated anyway.

Hmmm, I wouldn't say drinking is overrated. I'm not entirely sure of the type of person you are, but alcohol allows me to socialize on a fairly normal level. I'm a complete shut in, and the poster boy for being a socially awkward goody two-shoes around these parts ( and by these parts I mean Sydney australia rofl. ) ;P alcohol kinda brings me out of my shell a bit! which is never a bad thing.

When you are legal to drink though, my only advice would be... drink in moderation. And OD on water afterwards ( when you get home or what have you. ) It makes waking up the next morning about 80% easier.

Ahahahaha anyway waaaay off topic, sorry for derailing it again! BUT YES!

~ On a normal level ( outside of the ninja's and unrealistic fighting styles. ) I'd be really interested in utilizing tai chi quan. The style itself is based off utilizing life energy or something right? I don't entirely understand it myself but the theory behind it is interesting.

Chapstick

I've never had a drink and never plan to. Straight edge just like justhebest except that abstinence part blech

I'd like to learn Leifang's style. Stopping the enemy in their tracks and using their strength against them. It looks simple, effective, brutal, and beautiful. I'd really need to work on my shoulder strength though.

tumblr_n5hwjsE3aO1rje51ao1_400.gif

JusTheBest29

I've never had a drink and never plan to. Straight edge just like justhebest except that abstinence part blech

I'd like to learn Leifang's style. Stopping the enemy in their tracks and using their strength against them. It looks simple, effective, brutal, and beautiful. I'd really need to work on my shoulder strength though.

I'm only staying abstinent til I'm married(which WILL happen). My only gripe with Lei's style is that I'll get HCT'ed too much lol. About the shoulder strength my only advice is to play football with some of your friends that might do, it may help.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor

If you were to do that in real life the power would actually come from the legs. Come to think about it a surprising portion of the power from punches/upper body techniques actually comes from the legs/core. This is why its important to have good balance when in a fight. I learned this the hard way unfortunately.

RH_Stealth

Excluding characters with supernatural powers like Hayabusa and his lovely Izuna Drops...

Rig, Lisa, Bayman and maybe Ein. I'd need a lot more strength to pull off Bayman's style, but hey, this is just a wish list.

RH_Stealth

You would need to be stronger to use Rig's style than Bayman's.

Like, to make the kicks effective? I'm not saying both of the styles don't, I'm sure as hell they do, but then maybe Bayman's just takes more technique? I mean, I mentioned Bayman's especially because me having the strength to grapple somebody and pull them how I wanted seems more far-fetched than doing kicks.

Brute

Standard Donor
The ability to put strength in a kick that doesn't use your whole body to gain momentum is very difficult, not to mention that remaining in BND stance itself will require great balance and strength. Furthermore he is very fast and jumps around a good deal which will sap your energy if your muscles aren't used to it.

Bayman uses his full body weight and that of his opponent to manipulate them. For example, he'll throw them to the floor and then lay on top of them to keep them down. He'll grab their arm and contort it into a position that can be easily manipulated, etc.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD