Whose Fighting Style would you Imitate?

Argentus

So many Tai Chi haters...

MMA is considered one of the most well-rounded martial arts, and they're supposed to be good at takedowns and locks and stuff. They focused on that. Why? Because the Tai Chi guy didn't want to go into a full contact fight. You'll probably conclude he's afraid, I'll conclude based on the video that he didn't want to hurt the guy. But hey. Suit yourself.
Isn't mma basically just using mishmash freestyle, using whatever you want from other martial arts?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Isn't mma basically just using mishmash freestyle, using whatever you want from other martial arts?

that's the idea, but its really become something of its own style. from what ive seen your typical MMA fighter usually uses a combination of Maui Thai, BJJ, and Pancratium. which seems to be what grappling without a Gi tends to devolve to naturally. i dont think any of them actually practice it though ironically.

you'll occasionally have your fancy spin kick or something but those are few and far inbetween.

Argentus

that's the idea, but its really become something of its own style. from what ive seen your typical MMA fighter usually uses a combination of Maui Thai, BJJ, and Pancratium. which seems to be what grappling without a Gi tends to devolve to naturally. i dont think any of them actually practice it though ironically.

you'll occasionally have your fancy spin kick or something but those are few and far inbetween.
I always thought of mma as "refined brawling", more or less.

raizawolfen

I do Taekwondo myself, just began a year and a half ago. That shit really is tiring and a lot of the kicks are situational if you don't want to run out of breath really quickly. There are a lot of kicks, like wtf is punching? Problem with Taekwondo nowadays is that it's become too much of a sport and they worry more about getting points when we're running drills. We also do self defence in my dojang which is pretty damn fun but it's very Judo-like with hip throws and shoulder throws and whatnot. Knife defence also included. Taekwondo is quite a challenge for me considering how balanced and flexible one needs to be, which I am absolutely the opposite of. But I'll get there eventually.

As for other styles, I'd like to train in Leon's style because throwing people in mid-air is so satisfying, Muay Thai cuz elbows and knees and shiz plus also Jeet Kune Do. I just want to do random noises for the hell of it.

Mavis

If we were basing this on a characters move-list then i'd say Rachel, just for the sake of stepping on people lol.

But for fighting style in general I'd probably go with someone like Leon.

Kay

I'd like to say Rachel, cos she's all power and stomping... But I'm quite small, so maybe Ayane. I can move pretty fast, and evade a lot of moves.

TLEE SAID THIS:

I'd say Systema, but not like how Marie Rose uses it in the game. I've seen some videos on YouTube. That style was TAILORED for killing or disarming the opposition as cleanly and efficiently as possible. I recommend watching some of those videos. They're nuts, man.

TLEE SAID THIS:

Sarah's more of a Taekwondo fighter mixed with a bit of MMA. I mean c'mon. Dat flamingo stance is the shit. "WAHOO!"
I always say her as a kick boxer than a Taekwondo practitioner. I also faintly remember in VF that it stated her fighting style was just "martial arts".

PureYeti

I do Taekwondo myself, just began a year and a half ago. That shit really is tiring and a lot of the kicks are situational if you don't want to run out of breath really quickly. There are a lot of kicks, like wtf is punching? Problem with Taekwondo nowadays is that it's become too much of a sport and they worry more about getting points when we're running drills. We also do self defence in my dojang which is pretty damn fun but it's very Judo-like with hip throws and shoulder throws and whatnot. Knife defence also included. Taekwondo is quite a challenge for me considering how balanced and flexible one needs to be, which I am absolutely the opposite of. But I'll get there eventually.

As for other styles, I'd like to train in Leon's style because throwing people in mid-air is so satisfying, Muay Thai cuz elbows and knees and shiz plus also Jeet Kune Do. I just want to do random noises for the hell of it.

I have a problem with that too with the current focus on TKD becoming too sporty. Good thing my dojang focus more about the art and self defense mixed with karate hand combat. I even do the self defense what you listed.

Well back on topic, I will just imitate Akira and strikes fools with my back all day. Ora ora ora!

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Akira. I wanna learn his Stun Palm of Doom (P+K 43T 6P). I can do his one frame knee though xD

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD