Community Why a Player Should Look Back At Their Matches

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
From the few times I tried, it's very difficult to look back on my matches without experiencing the negative. That's why I prefer keeping them out of sight and out of mind, because for me, with criticism always comes insults.

Unless I really trust someone, I seldom save my replays to share for the sake of improvement. And I don't trust a lot of people. The article was nonetheless riveting.

This is very sad. I can fully endorse that saving and reviewing replays and previous matches is one of the best ways to improve (and yes I cringe at my older matches every time I watch them, but never regret uploading them). What do you think is the first thing I do when I get home from a tournament? I rewatch the stream and look at every mistake I made. And yes, EVERYONE, makes mistakes.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
This is very sad. I can fully endorse that saving and reviewing replays and previous matches is one of the best ways to improve (and yes I cringe at my older matches every time I watch them, but never regret uploading them).
Call it what you want, but saving whatever replays of interest I can (obviously not tournament matches) and keeping them private for review among those I trust is the best way I know how to cope with my mistakes right now. It's a hell of a lot better than dealing with the public, where the resident assholes won't let you hear the end of it.

Malfury

From the few times I tried, it's very difficult to look back on my matches without experiencing the negative. That's why I prefer keeping them out of sight and out of mind, because for me, with criticism always comes insults.

Unless I really trust someone, I seldom save my replays to share for the sake of improvement. And I don't trust a lot of people. The article was nonetheless riveting.
Sorry to hear that man, but I know what you're saying. I've played tons of immature people, especially elitist types, who look down on the way you play. Scrubs online and in arcades that talk shit is one thing, but assholes who are really good and look down on you and give shitty criticism can give you a negative outlook on your play. Whatever works for you, do it. Everyone has their own way of getting to the top.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I was going to write a huge paragraph about what he wrote was really good. But since I cannot think of what to actually write, I'll just sum it down to this one .gif provided here:

yxDkwe_1.gif

"Those manly tears...! Ok! Those are some manly ass tears right there that chu looking at!"

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD